Home

KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

This is a discussion on KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Hey man. I did what you're trying to do now n got great results but still saw erratic qb play from CPU.. Way too many picks.. Their run game was nice tho n tackles were being racked up by linebackers .. I basically kept the formula super simple to allow the ratings to speak for themselves..
QB play should be erractic, imo, unless you're facing an elite QB and even then they aren't perfect.

I think 70+ QB Acc makes the AI too precise. Real QBs overthrow guys, make some bad choices, rattled under pressure (even if they don't get hit so the DPP doesn't kick in with the sacks, etc). On 70+ I find it's dependant a lot on triggering DPP, which is cool and all, but making a guy move his feet should throw off a throw as much as anything else.

Lower QB Acc will still allow CPU QBs to make quick decisions if guys are open, hit deep throws if they can get single coverage, time to throw, and have the accuracy to do it. Average QBs look average (up and down performance all game) Good QBs are still a threat, especially if they get protection, which is more likely with the way dropped Block Shedding.

I have it at 36 QB Acc, and I see ebb and flow to the pass game - guys getting in and out of rhythm, guys making sharp throws, guys missing on some throws, and the end results have been realistic for me so far.

The things I've tried so far are starting to help the LBs. I'm upping run blocking, run reaction, and tackling, while decimating block shedding and break tackles (might end up back on 0 for that, sadly, Lynch had 2 BTK in a half on 7...and that's with Ray Lewis hitting anything that moved with 7 tackles at the half).

I also lowered fatigue to 58 (60% of average), and I think that's helping. It's also showing weak stamina. Cody on the Ravens has craptastic stamina. He's tired while much of the defense is still in decent shape. I think it's helping the CPU be more forceful in stopping my runs. Rice had a 10 yd run and the rest was a lot of 3's and 5's and -1's, etc.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #74
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Cool well always open to new things.. Lookin
Forward to seein what u get, I agree fatigue should be In 50s
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I'm making another attempt on the AM Level 1 sliders - different set up this time, CPU and User the same for now just to see how it plays.

Maybe that will actually help the AI to run the ball to begin with and then run it with some kind of sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I restarted my Ravens franchise and going to try the AM sliders I came up with. They are "different" than some others out there. I'm trying to emphasize reaction times/AWR/PRC while trying to stay away from too many INTs (looking for more tips/uncatchable balls) and block shedding (want the DT to hold up the point of attack, not always break through unless they are beasts).
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #77
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Did u make a new set/tweaks?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Did u make a new set/tweaks?

Going to try a new set for the All-Madden ones. Haven't been able to play a new game and HoMM6 just released as well.

Probably going to tweak the All-Pro ones since I am happy with how they play 80% of the time.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Either I suck at All-Madden Level or the QB does not even need a 70+ QB Acc for sure...

COLD Hasselbeck just ate my defense alive. He completed 78% of his passes for 278 yds, 4 TD, 0 INTs. This with 29 QB Acc, 0 Pass Block, 37 WR Catching.

Luckily Flacco was decent - just 54%, but 4 TDs of his own and no INTs.

Won 35-28 as Ray Rice went into beast mode and we scored a TD with :19 left.

Of course, they somehow get a Hail Mary completion, but with no timeouts and :03 left, the clock ran out.

The problem, again, is craptastic pass rush. And with the "have to stay under 75" I have to decide what to sacrifice to try to get it up. I guess, on some level it's realistic that you have to blitz 6 to get a consistent rush, especially for the Ravens, but it still doesn't seem right.

And there's STILL too many broken tackles - with it on 0 and tackling at 40. I don't get it.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-14-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Gah - until I figure out how to get the pass rushing to work right, I don't think I'll be making an AM set after all.

Just zero pass rush - gives their QBs all day. Not even Suggs is a force in the pass rush. Blitzes almost always get perfectly picked up. Even forced to move his feet during a throw - it's right on target. And this is with 29 QB Acc.

Don't get it. Back to the All-Pro set. I'll play that out for a season. Those have promise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »