Home

KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

This is a discussion on KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #673
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: KBLover's M12 Experimental Sliders, 2nd Experiment

I raised the CPU fumble rating to 40 because I was causing too many fumbles.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #674
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey LB, I plugged in your 100 fatigue, All Madden set and started a franchise with the Seahawks. I played the 49ers week 1, I lost but the sliders felt good overall.

the funny thing was I set the Auto Subs exactly like you have them on the first page and I lost S. Rice, and 8 of my starting 11 defenders in the fourth quarter due to injury! HaHa!

Have you had anything like that happen? thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #675
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
Hey LB, I plugged in your 100 fatigue, All Madden set and started a franchise with the Seahawks. I played the 49ers week 1, I lost but the sliders felt good overall.

the funny thing was I set the Auto Subs exactly like you have them on the first page and I lost S. Rice, and 8 of my starting 11 defenders in the fourth quarter due to injury! HaHa!

Have you had anything like that happen? thanks
Man, that's some horrible injury luck! Never had anything THAT rash happen to me, especially in one game! If that keeps up, you could take the injury slider down a notch (literally, like one point, it's sensitive on 100 fatigue)

Thanks for trying the sliders. I'm glad the feel of the game was good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #676
Rookie

I realize this is mostly an outdated thread.
However it is my opinion that M12 was the best offline franchise version of the game, and i still play it regularly.
Have tried both M13 and M25, 13 is flat terrible and M25 improves but not enough to pull me out of M12.
That being said i really like the games i get using these sliders/subs.
I use the newest all-pro version for 73 fatigue.

A few problems i run into however that id like some tips addressing.

CPU injuries, they are out of control, im talking every other play someone gets hurt. Its usually not serious but most miss atleast a quarter. Its become quite annoying and takes away from the game.
I have tried turning down injuries but that only seems to affect my team while the CPU keeps getting hurt at the same rate.
Im thinking maybe this is a factor of the high fatigue and CPU not subbing enough? My team subs more than enough to avoid most injuries.

Run game. Other than the occasional long run that doesnt get called back for holding, i cant run the ball to save my life, while on the other hand the cpu destroys me. I routinely give up 150+ on the ground everygame. Very irritating.

Sacks. Totally out of control. 12-15 is about the total average per game. Alot of these are the cpu QB running way too often even when there is no reason to do so. Maybe this is an effect of the schemes?

Passing game. Polar opposite of the running game. While i shred the cpu for 300+, the cpu rarely surpasses 150. Maybe this is directly related to the cpu run game success.

Punts. Every punt is a touchback, in the real nfl most punters are extremely adept at setting down coffin corner punts and out of bounds inside the 5 punts. I cant understand while anyone would want the punt accuracy slider so low.

KOs, every kickoff is a touchback barring gale force winds, this represents the NFL now with the new KO rules but not back when this game was realesed, and i much prefer to have some returns.

FGs, cant hit a 50 yarder with my 91/93 KP/KA kicker.

Holding, i get called for holding 7-9 times a game.

Though some of these are easily fixed and i only stated for conversational reasons, others id rather not spend hours tweaking on my own while trying to not break the game completely.
Namely the passing and running game and the CPU injury epidemic,
Overral these are nice sliders, i get good close low scoring games with the occasional blowout and defeat.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #677
Rookie

I realize this is mostly an outdated thread.
However it is my opinion that M12 was the best offline franchise version of the game, and i still play it regularly.
Have tried both M13 and M25, 13 is flat terrible and M25 improves but not enough to pull me out of M12.
That being said i really like the games i get using these sliders/subs.
I use the newest all-pro version for 73 fatigue.

A few problems i run into however that id like some tips addressing.

CPU injuries, they are out of control, im talking every other play someone gets hurt. Its usually not serious but most miss atleast a quarter. Its become quite annoying and takes away from the game.
I have tried turning down injuries but that only seems to affect my team while the CPU keeps getting hurt at the same rate.
Im thinking maybe this is a factor of the high fatigue and CPU not subbing enough? My team subs more than enough to avoid most injuries.

Run game. Other than the occasional long run that doesnt get called back for holding, i cant run the ball to save my life, while on the other hand the cpu destroys me. I routinely give up 150+ on the ground everygame. Very irritating.

Sacks. Totally out of control. 12-15 is about the total average per game. Alot of these are the cpu QB running way too often even when there is no reason to do so. Maybe this is an effect of the schemes?

Passing game. Polar opposite of the running game. While i shred the cpu for 300+, the cpu rarely surpasses 150. Maybe this is directly to the cpu run game success.

Punts. Every punt is a touchback, in the real nfl most punters are extremely adept at setting down coffin corner punts and out of bounds inside the 5 punts. I cant understand while anyone would want the punt accuracy slider so low.

KOs, every kickoff is a touchback barring gale force winds, this represents the NFL now with the new KO rules but not back when this game was realesed, and i much prefer to have some returns.

Though some of these are easily fixed and i only stated for conversational reasons,
Others will take some time/tweaking, would like to know what others think
Namely the passing and running game and the CPU injury epidemic,
Overral these are nice sliders, i get good close low scoring games with the occasional blowout and defeat.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #678
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekHupp
That might be it, but the injury slider should impact all players. I would play with a lower injury slider and see how it goes. I play on 100 fatigue in M12 with a really low injury slider (or else there will be a body count on each side for sure) and don't really have an issue with this on either side.

Quote:
Decrease the CPU run blocking so they don't run you over. I'm assuming you're using the newest 100 Fatigue sliders, but for 73 Fatigue? That's fine, just want to make sure I'm referencing the right set.

With the lower CPU run blocking, you can lower your run reaction, say, 10 points and add those to your Run Blocking. You have to keep the user sliders at or under 295 points in M12 as it impacts the AI if you go higher.

Quote:
It MIGHT be, but I think it's more the impact of DPP (Tuck and Run trait) as well as how stupid the AI gets trying to scramble. The issue exists in M13 as well, and there's no coaching sliders there. It probably wouldn't hurt much to set QB style to Pocket and see what happens.

Barring that, you can lower the pass rushing sliders on both sides. With the User side, you can add those points to your run blocking if you want, since that's a major issue your seeing.

Also, with how much you mention guys are getting sacked - their DPPs are almost likely going into panic mode. That clock in their head starts ticking really quick and even pocket guys might start getting too antsy.

Quote:
Passing game. Polar opposite of the running game. While i shred the cpu for 300+, the cpu rarely surpasses 150. Maybe this is directly to the cpu run game success.
Probably as the CPU see it can run, it will run. Like Madden said in an older version "Why throw it when you can run like this?"

Now, if you want to CPU to throw better - first decide if the low yardage is due to attempts (they ain't throwing), or poor performance (they suck at throwing). If it's performance, lower your pass reaction and/or INT sliders some, and/or raise CPU QB Acc and WR Catching. You can also increase CPU Pass Block if you'd like.

If you want to nerf your throwing some...only thing I can think of is increase CPU Ints or up Pass Reaction to maybe 95. You're much better at the game at throwing than I am, obviously, if you can rack up 300 on 7 QB Acc and 20 WR catch vs 85 CPU pass reaction! Meanwhile, I may be better at running since I didn't see your issues.

Also, keep in mind, personnel matters. A lot. (Yes, I don't buy the "ratings don't matter" mantra) ESPECIALLY after fatigue starts setting in. So if you're pounding the QB all day (and it sounds like you have been), and are running for their lives a lot, they WILL tire and WILL suffer in performance. Same for everyone else on the field. I didn't have your issues with run defense, but I stacked up on LBs and S's who can track down the ball carrier and tackle with authority, even when tiring.

Quote:
For user challenge. Remember, both sides use the same special teams settings. High punt accuracy allows ME to be too good at coffin corner punts and directional kicking in general. That's equally unrealistic. If the punters are kicking too hard for the CPU, maybe lower punt power.

Quote:
Lower kickoff power. That should make it harder for touchbacks. I didn't see this, so it's interesting you are - maybe it's a personnel difference.

Quote:
Really? Interesting - I had though FG Power was too *high* actually. But for you, increase it as you need - because that is not right if he's missing on distance. Keep in mind, though, higher FG Power will make the CPU attempt a lot of long FGs it probably won't make - would you try a 57-yd FG into a 10-15 MPH wind in a non-crucial situation? Maybe not. CPU? Yeah, they gonna.

Quote:
Pull it back some - good thing is, it won't impact gameplay like in M13!

Quote:

Glad you like them in general. As with any sliders - they are just a base. Thanks for giving them a shot.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »