Home

human vs cpu same teams

This is a discussion on human vs cpu same teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
human vs cpu same teams

Has anyone tried usning the same teams going up against each other and having the cpu play one and you (the human) play the other. I would think that adusting the sliders for the statistics of the game to be the same for both teams would show you the "baseline" values to get the cpu and human on "even playing fields".

Just asking the question because when I tried this (Bills vs Bills) I had to adjust the CPU numbers up quite high (80+) for most categories to get a statistically even game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Re: human vs cpu same teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09flhrc
Has anyone tried usning the same teams going up against each other and having the cpu play one and you (the human) play the other. I would think that adusting the sliders for the statistics of the game to be the same for both teams would show you the "baseline" values to get the cpu and human on "even playing fields".

Just asking the question because when I tried this (Bills vs Bills) I had to adjust the CPU numbers up quite high (80+) for most categories to get a statistically even game.
From what I'm seeing that makes sense. I typically keep cpu settings near default (50) and drop HUM sliders to a level in between all-pro and all-madden (30-40), but so far with M12 I am getting NO challenge this way ... cpu offense does NOTHING against me, and that's with me playing hands off, as in I don't control any players on defense? I hate to drop hum sliders too far or players play unrealistic with ridiculously slow reactions, etc. I guess my next move is to increase cpu sliders ... otherwise I will never lose a game which gets boring real quick!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

I kept all the human sliders at 50 and adjusted the cpu to get an even game. I was then going to adjust the sliders proportionaltely to try an get, what I perceived, as "true" game stats if the Bills offenes was playing against the Bills defense.

I ended up just keeping the higher cpu sliders and jumped right into a franshise season (where the Bills finished 7-9) and the games are, for the most part, challenging.

I find that Fitzpatrick's completion % is high but for the most part he's throwing the ball underneath coverages for what I believe are high percentage attempts. The deep balls aren't being converted at a high percentage which, in my opinion, adds to the realism.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

It's an interesting concept. I prefer to lower the human sliders because I believe that sliders much over 50 tend to make all players play the same...less difference between them.

My only concern with your concept is this...you may get even stats...but are you going to get realistic stats? It's nice that they are even but if both sides have Fitzpatrick throwing at a 75% then it's not right. I play a 32 team chise and control and play all games to get my sliders right. This way I see if certain teams play like they should against other teams...ie. the Packers should blow out teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Cleveland etc.

Nice idea though.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
It's an interesting concept. I prefer to lower the human sliders because I believe that sliders much over 50 tend to make all players play the same...less difference between them.

My only concern with your concept is this...you may get even stats...but are you going to get realistic stats? It's nice that they are even but if both sides have Fitzpatrick throwing at a 75% then it's not right. I play a 32 team chise and control and play all games to get my sliders right. This way I see if certain teams play like they should against other teams...ie. the Packers should blow out teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Cleveland etc.

Nice idea though.
I think I'm gonna have to agree with the above statement. M12 seems to provide a more realistic/accurate game with most HUM sliders set below 50, and even some of the CPU sliders below 50.

I only tried a few games, but so far the most realistic playing sliders were NYG's which are titled as all-madden sliders. All HUM slider groups equal 75 (AM) with CPU sliders adjusted to match. I didn't play enough to say for sure, but the little I did play seemed pretty good. Only obvious thing I lacked in test games was HUM pass rush/sacks.

Last edited by jack58; 10-04-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09flhrc

The only issue w/ testing against CPU w/ same teams is the games supposedly plays differ in play now vs. Franchise.
I don't know if this was a confirmed fact. However if we can make the teams produce similar results and realistic per gm avgs. In play now, maybe the difficulty in franchise will be greater bc of coaching ratings boost, dpp, and coaching strategies.

Idk, but at this point I'm willing to play 10 full play now gms or less if possible and do all that's needed to get the CPU realistic avgs per gm and more realism.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

On that note I will be testing this for a week or so and will post some results. I belive its worth testing in play now for a bit to actually see the difference btwn play now games v. Franchise.
I've done all my testing in franchise and to no evail I'm still not ready to settle on any 1 specific set.
Play now testing Skins vs. Skins begins Now!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
On that note I will be testing this for a week or so and will post some results. I belive its worth testing in play now for a bit to actually see the difference btwn play now games v. Franchise.
I've done all my testing in franchise and to no evail I'm still not ready to settle on any 1 specific set.
Play now testing Skins vs. Skins begins Now!
This year more than before I think "play now" is the best place to test for sliders. In franchise you have the player "hot & cold" streaks to combat with, and that could throw gameplay off causing inaccurate slider adjustments?

As I said above, NYG's set has given me the best gamepley so far, so I might just play around with his set as a base and go from there. Unfortunately schedule is busy right now so only minimal play time.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...final-set.html

Last edited by jack58; 10-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »