Home

Sliders do they really matter in cpu vs cpu

This is a discussion on Sliders do they really matter in cpu vs cpu within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sliders do they really matter in cpu vs cpu

I put qb accuracy at 0 for both human and cpu and I used two profiles and started a cpu game by first putting the controllers in the middle after the coin toss and then right before the coin toss and also right after kick off while the ball was in the air and all three ways I tried no time was the cpu's qb accuracy affected. I then did the same with fg accuracy and punt accuracy and the sliders did affect the game the fg and punt accuracy was terrible. It seems the sliders have no affect on the cpu vs cpu games at all except on special teams no matter which way you start the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sliders do they really matter in cpu vs cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI88
I put qb accuracy at 0 for both human and cpu and I used two profiles and started a cpu game by first putting the controllers in the middle after the coin toss and then right before the coin toss and also right after kick off while the ball was in the air and all three ways I tried no time was the cpu's qb accuracy affected. I then did the same with fg accuracy and punt accuracy and the sliders did affect the game the fg and punt accuracy was terrible. It seems the sliders have no affect on the cpu vs cpu games at all except on special teams no matter which way you start the game.
This was a pretty big discussion on the Big discovery thread bottom of pg. As far as I could understand, you must use 1 controller on a team, make sure player sliders are setup and right b4 kickoff move controller to the middle. 2 controller setup wasn't needed.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok I'm give it a try. thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
This was a pretty big discussion on the Big discovery thread bottom of pg. As far as I could understand, you must use 1 controller on a team, make sure player sliders are setup and right b4 kickoff move controller to the middle. 2 controller setup wasn't needed.
Sorry that doesn't work either. If I put the accuracy at 0 and play a hum vs hum game the qb's can't hit the side of a barn but if I do it in cpu vs cpu they accuracy doesn't change at all even if I start the game the way you suggested.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am starting to feel this is the case as well. No matter what slider combinations I try and tricks at the beginning of the games there are always the same issues with cpu vs. cpu games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

CPU sliders don't work if you're starting the game with two controllers and profiles. From my experience, the only thing that will matter is the difficulty level set by the User sliders (Pro/All-Pro/All-Madden), the speed threshold, injuries, and fatigue.

I haven't tried this with one profile, but I'm sure you'll find the same results.

Madden team really dropped the ball on this one. Shocker.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

People finally starting to realize this?

I'm still laughing at people who come up with fancy charts - you can come up with every slider combination in the book, it won't matter. There's too many interceptions, the CPU completion % is hot garbage, no matter which QB you play against. The sideline passes are so bad, you can go take a long piss, and by the time you get back, the ball will still be in the air. I'm not even sure if sliders work, and if they do, it's hardly noticeable.

The sad thing is, people don't seem to be complaining about this to the people who matter... By the time they figure out the gameplay is flawed, the patches will be done, and the matter won't be addressed.

But, at least we have people working on charts, that don't work.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 10-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »