Home

My Sliders - Help needed

This is a discussion on My Sliders - Help needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My Sliders - Help needed

Have been using a tweaked version of playmakers sliders which I need a little help with. Passing the ball is perfect for me as is CPU running, but I seem to be running the ball outrageously well (over 300 yards total v the Titans, and over 150 v Steelers) and my pass rush is crazy (13 sacks in 2 games). I've been using the Ravens and have made a couple of roster moves so its not the Standard D:

LE: Corey Liuget
RE: Haloti Ngata
DT: Albert Haynesworth
LOLB: Jarret Johnson
MLB: Ray Lewis
MLB: Lawrence Timmons
ROLB: Terrell Suggs
CB: Ladarius Webb
CB Jimmy Smith
FS: Ed Reed
SS: Tom Zbikowksi

Ngata is an animal, with 5 sacks in 2 games, Haynesworth is causing chaos up the middle and Liuget is a handful, although not on the level of the other 2. I do blitz a fair bit, but I don't think that having that many sacks is right. The running game (only addition is Shonn Greene) seems to get more and more effective as the game wears on, but I didn't expect to have 401 in the first 2 games.

These are the sliders I'm using (Hum/CPU):

QB Acc 25/25
Pass Block 50/50
WR Catch 50/50

Broken Tackle 15/0
Run Block 45/40
Fumbles 50/50

Pass Reaction 0/0
Ints 43/40
Pass Rush 65/50

Run Reaction 0/0
Block Shed 30/0
Tackling 35/35

I did change the Human Run Block from 40 to 45, because at 40 it became impossible to get above a 3-3.5 yard average, and it did work at first but now its become a little too easy. I also dropped the human pass rush from 100 because I was destroying everything in front of me. Any tips on how to fix this without upsetting the balance of the other aspects of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: My Sliders - Help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWire
Have been using a tweaked version of playmakers sliders which I need a little help with. Passing the ball is perfect for me as is CPU running, but I seem to be running the ball outrageously well (over 300 yards total v the Titans, and over 150 v Steelers) and my pass rush is crazy (13 sacks in 2 games). I've been using the Ravens and have made a couple of roster moves so its not the Standard D:

LE: Corey Liuget
RE: Haloti Ngata
DT: Albert Haynesworth
LOLB: Jarret Johnson
MLB: Ray Lewis
MLB: Lawrence Timmons
ROLB: Terrell Suggs
CB: Ladarius Webb
CB Jimmy Smith
FS: Ed Reed
SS: Tom Zbikowksi

Ngata is an animal, with 5 sacks in 2 games, Haynesworth is causing chaos up the middle and Liuget is a handful, although not on the level of the other 2. I do blitz a fair bit, but I don't think that having that many sacks is right. The running game (only addition is Shonn Greene) seems to get more and more effective as the game wears on, but I didn't expect to have 401 in the first 2 games.

These are the sliders I'm using (Hum/CPU):

QB Acc 25/25
Pass Block 50/50
WR Catch 50/50

Broken Tackle 15/0
Run Block 45/40
Fumbles 50/50

Pass Reaction 0/0
Ints 43/40
Pass Rush 65/50

Run Reaction 0/0
Block Shed 30/0
Tackling 35/35

I did change the Human Run Block from 40 to 45, because at 40 it became impossible to get above a 3-3.5 yard average, and it did work at first but now its become a little too easy. I also dropped the human pass rush from 100 because I was destroying everything in front of me. Any tips on how to fix this without upsetting the balance of the other aspects of the game?

Try run block for user at 42. Split the difference between 45 which is having you run over people and 40 which is too stingy for you.

You can also try increasing CPU run reaction and not touch anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »