Home

How to make passing harder?

This is a discussion on How to make passing harder? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How to make passing harder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I found out something about the Pass Reaction slider.

At 0, it covers base routes (the routes that come with the play you choose) better than 100 does. But if you hot-route at all, 100 covers the routes better.

So if you like to hot-route, the Pass Reaction slider is normal. If you don't hot route, then the slider is inverse.

Don't ask me why, but this seems to be the case.

Also, as to the discussion on the USER catch slider, it's untrue that you'll see "a number of unrealistic drops" if you have this slider lower than 45. I have my slider at 33 and I don't drop anything that I wouldn't expect a WR to drop in real life.
I don't hot route a whole lot and on 0 they couldn't cover anything I did... It looked so bad I wanted to quit playing in some of those games but I finished them out just to make sure because I like to play 3 full games to see how the slider really plays out. Tweaking as you go doesn't really let you know the slider is working. But I guess your testing turned out different then mine. I don't know but thats what happen during my games..

I've tried catching on 35 and 40 and the drops were unrealistic IMO. I was having at least 4 to 5 drops a game.. Maybe your games are turning out better then mine did but at 45 its feels realistic in my opinion. Big time players with high catching rating show up for you and do what they are suppose to. Low catching WRs usually drop passes in traffic like they are suppose to. I've testing this area thoroughly.. With the way I have the CPUs pass defense I have to have something like this to match up against them.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #18
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I don't hot route a whole lot and on 0 they couldn't cover anything I did... It looked so bad I wanted to quit playing in some of those games but I finished them out just to make sure because I like to play 3 full games to see how the slider really plays out. Tweaking as you go doesn't really let you know the slider is working. But I guess your testing turned out different then mine. I don't know but thats what happen during my games..

I've tried catching on 35 and 40 and the drops were unrealistic IMO. I was having at least 4 to 5 drops a game.. Maybe your games are turning out better then mine did but at 45 its feels realistic in my opinion. Big time players with high catching rating show up for you and do what they are suppose to. Low catching WRs usually drop passes in traffic like they are suppose to. I've testing this area thoroughly.. With the way I have the CPUs pass defense I have to have something like this to match up against them.
That's strange, because in my games with the catch slider at 33 my good receivers hardly drop anything (unless it's a huge hit directly after a catch). And it's also strange how different our experiences are with the CPU's Pass Reaction slider at 0 and 100.

I guess we can just chalk this up to different slider combinations?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Game 3 vs Steelers

Chargers 35 Steelers 10 (I scored on 2 rushing plays when I was just trying to waste the clock)

Passing
Rivers: 158 QB Rating, 18/22, 309 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks, 1 fumble.

Rushing
Mathews: 18 Att/78 yards, 1 TD, 1 fumble
Tolbert: 3 Att/13 yards
Todman: 1 Att/94 yards, 1 TD

Receiving
Gates: 4 rec/77 yards
VJax: 4 rec/51 yards
Floyd: 3 rec/34 yards
Vincent Brown: 5 rec/97 yards, 2 TDs
Mathews: 1 rec/14 yards
Todman: 1 rec/36 yards 1 TD
Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Quote:
That's strange, because in my games with the catch slider at 33 my good receivers hardly drop anything (unless it's a huge hit directly after a catch). And it's also strange how different our experiences are with the CPU's Pass Reaction slider at 0 and 100.

I have my wr catch at 25, and I have absolutely no problems with how the drops occur in my game. They happen in a very realsitc manner.

Drops only really occur when the receiver gets nailed as the ball is arriving, and the drops under this scenario occur correctly. It is not everytime. it is sometimes. The solid wr's hold on to it more than the less talented receivers.

It is like we all have a different game.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
Game 3 vs Steelers

Chargers 35 Steelers 10 (I scored on 2 rushing plays when I was just trying to waste the clock)

Passing
Rivers: 158 QB Rating, 18/22, 309 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks, 1 fumble.

Rushing
Mathews: 18 Att/78 yards, 1 TD, 1 fumble
Tolbert: 3 Att/13 yards
Todman: 1 Att/94 yards, 1 TD

Receiving
Gates: 4 rec/77 yards
VJax: 4 rec/51 yards
Floyd: 3 rec/34 yards
Vincent Brown: 5 rec/97 yards, 2 TDs
Mathews: 1 rec/14 yards
Todman: 1 rec/36 yards 1 TD
Damn you shredded the Steelers defense. Your 2nd game seemed tougher but this 3rd seemed easy again. Try one more game and if you shred them easy again you might just have to start lowering the USER catching. That is the only other option you have left. Drop it to 40 and see how that plays for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I have my wr catch at 25, and I have absolutely no problems with how the drops occur in my game. They happen in a very realsitc manner.

Drops only really occur when the receiver gets nailed as the ball is arriving, and the drops under this scenario occur correctly. It is not everytime. it is sometimes. The solid wr's hold on to it more than the less talented receivers.

It is like we all have a different game.
On default 25 I use to average about 7 drops a game.. Drop passes on default 25 is one of the biggest complaints about All-Madden.. I'm suprised your not experience those crazy drops..
Old 10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:

Yeah maybe with a higher USER accuracy the catching at 33 wouldn't be bad. When I did my testing with it at 35-40 I had my USER accuracy on 8. That probably has a lot to do with it.. I might do some testing with my USER accuracy at 10 and the USER catching at 40.. The one thing I like about the catching at 45 is that it brings out some different catching animation but it only happens with the elite WRs. You don't see a lot of different catching animations when the catching slider is lower then 45. But I'm going to test out 10 accuracy and 40 catching..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-13-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I just want realistic seperation.. I don't want DTs walking down my fast RBs or slow LBs tracking down my WRs.. With how I have my sliders its not easy to break big ones all the time. If a defensive player has good speed or acceleration he catch a faster player at and angle but if I have a guy who's fast he should seperate on guys he's faster then when he catches stride..
Try around 30, see if that helps.

I'm liking how it's working at that level. Fast guys can pull away/catch from behind, but you won't see a DT do it in a straight line speed contest, even with good PUR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »