Home

Realistic Tackle stat

This is a discussion on Realistic Tackle stat within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Realistic Tackle stat

Believe it or not, I want realistic tackle stats for my games in franchise mode, I would like to actually see guys like Jon Beason have realistic tackle numbers, but so far in the season, which is about 7 games in (I'm going to restart my franchise once I get sliders straightened out more) and all Beason has is about 32 solo tackles. A guy like Beason is a tackling machine in real life, he averages 100+ a season so far (Not this year lol) but not just Beason, but all of my LB's seem to rarely make tackles at all. The safeties are making more plays in the running game near the LOS than they are.

My plan is to try to up the tackle rating on Playmaker's slider set and see if that does the trick to solve this tackle stat problem because I see a lot of LB's just not wrapping up their tackles.

Anyone else have an idea to fix this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Realistic Tackle stat

I had 4 players w/ over 100. My mlb London Fletcher had a team high 136(tied for 12th in the league).
It the Normal/All-Pro/realism sliders(hardcore set on pg 1.)

I couldn't belive it! Fletcher made the Pro bowl behind P. Willis. This is a 1st in Madden for me.
Tip: once I started controlling the NT, Fletcher avg. 10-14 tackles per gm. So lemme know if you test it. Im stoked abt it lol.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2

I noticed that players with high awareness dont always get the most tackles, it depends on high your players pursuit is, i play with 10 min quartes and slow speed. I was using the bengals and rey maulagua had 10 tackles for me with 7 being solo. His pursuit was at a 93 so he was able to run down the ball carrier. I use my raiders and McClain is about a mid 80 in pursuit, so at times he doesnt even get close to the ball carrier or over runs the play. If you try my slider set theyll work perfect for franchise mode and your tackles will match the league high, i had 16 tackels in one game a couple times.

Dboyfresh89deuce custom sliders
Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Beason has the best intangibles among all defensive players in the game, his play recognition is a 99, he has a pursuit of 99 as well, tackle of 97, awareness of 96, speed of 85, 93 acceleration..he is among the best defensive players in the league, possibly the best at his position when it comes to just seeing things, getting there, and making a play. He should be towards the top of the list in tackles, the only person I say that can rack up more tackles is probably Vilma or Demeco Ryans.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog323
Beason has the best intangibles among all defensive players in the game, his play recognition is a 99, he has a pursuit of 99 as well, tackle of 97, awareness of 96, speed of 85, 93 acceleration..he is among the best defensive players in the league, possibly the best at his position when it comes to just seeing things, getting there, and making a play. He should be towards the top of the list in tackles, the only person I say that can rack up more tackles is probably Vilma or Demeco Ryans.

Yeah, same with Ray Lewis, even though he's slowing down physically.

I think it has to do with how we have to turn down reactions. I'm tempted to try a "high reactions" slider set and see if it could possibly work realistically. That and, at least for me, the AI never seems to run the ball or throw around the middle of the field enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I've noticed that the cpu tends to rather throw to the sidelines more. I am running pass reaction on 100 right now. Higher run reaction may work too if the cpu running game is raised as well to compensate, but in terms of running sliders, I'm using Playmaker's currently.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I've been playing on All Pro with default User sliders and CPU sliders are mostly default except Pass Blocking, QB Accuracy Run Blocking and Breaking Tackles are all around 70. I am in Week 10 and Jon Beason has 99 tackles (63 solo, 36 assists) so far. He's like fourth or fifth in the league.

I have a question for you, is your passing game really good and are you outscoring the CPU a lot? If so, that's your problem. The CPU is probably passing more and running less in order to catch up and your MLB isn't in a position to make plays most of the time, but your DBs are. I used to have this problem a lot in the older Madden games where I was able to pass really well. Unfortunately, my passing game isn't too great on this game, so my games are closer and the CPU runs the ball more. I just adjusted my sliders for the last game I played onto an All Madden set and I still had 11 tackles with Jon Beason.

If that's not the problem, I don't know what it could be. It seems like everytime someone gets the ball, Jon Beason is there. I've noticed that he is also on Special Teams and he may get a tackle or two on special teams. But, I can't really explain what's going on. Last season, he only had like 70 tackles total, but I was blowing out opponents and forcing them to pass.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
If that's not the problem, I don't know what it could be. It seems like everytime someone gets the ball, Jon Beason is there. I've noticed that he is also on Special Teams and he may get a tackle or two on special teams. But, I can't really explain what's going on. Last season, he only had like 70 tackles total, but I was blowing out opponents and forcing them to pass.
A lot of times, I see Lewis go right at the ball carrier, the ball carrier cuts east-west, and then Lewis just runs into people - not blocked, wasn't blitzing, it's like his pathfinding can't get around the traffic.

If I play zone, he's always getting into pursuit with a decent reaction slider. If run a play that's LBs in man, I sometimes see the above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »