Home

Db's standing still not going for the ball???

This is a discussion on Db's standing still not going for the ball??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Db's standing still not going for the ball???

Can someone please explain to me how do i fix this aspect of the game for the HUman without going over the (75) allowance to remain on All-Madden level?

I even tried playing with the jets and Revis and Cromartie alot of times are not going for swats or picks.....My current setting is 40 reaction time, 15 ints, 20 pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Db's standing still not going for the ball???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Can someone please explain to me how do i fix this aspect of the game for the HUman without going over the (75) allowance to remain on All-Madden level?

I even tried playing with the jets and Revis and Cromartie alot of times are not going for swats or picks.....My current setting is 40 reaction time, 15 ints, 20 pass rush.
The INT slider has a big affect on how you defenders play the ball when its in the air. I recommend putting the INT slider on 45 and figure out something wit the pass reaction and pass rush slider.. When the INT slider is low like that your guys won't react to the ball like they are suppose to..
Old 10-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The INT slider has a big affect on how you defenders play the ball when its in the air. I recommend putting the INT slider on 45 and figure out something wit the pass reaction and pass rush slider.. When the INT slider is low like that your guys won't react to the ball like they are suppose to..

Im having similar issues.

So if I put my interception slider up, the dbs wont sit there looking at a reciever's chest while the reciever goes up for the ball?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

So the int sliders is more important than the reaction slider? If I lower the reaction slider will my players be able to cover? Thanks for the info I will have to test that out. I always thought the int slider was just for the amount of dropped/caught ints.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Im having similar issues.

So if I put my interception slider up, the dbs wont sit there looking at a reciever's chest while the reciever goes up for the ball?
Yes you will definitely see your DBs trying to make plays on the ball while its in the air.. You have to find that good spot. INTs at 45 or 50 is the best area IMO if your playing on All-Madden..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
So the int sliders is more important than the reaction slider? If I lower the reaction slider will my players be able to cover? Thanks for the info I will have to test that out. I always thought the int slider was just for the amount of dropped/caught ints.
It is IMO.. I can't put it no lower then 45.. I have my pass reaction at 30 and my pass rush at 0. I have the CPUs pass block at 0 to match my pass rush being at 0. I like my reaction to be at either 25 or 30.. The pass reaction slider affects your defenders recognizing pass at the start of the play and covering the WR. If you go too low the CPU WR will get open a lot.. I wouldn't go as low as 20 with the pass reaction.. If you do you have the lower the CPUs accuracy and catching some to compensate it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »