Home

Tackle Factor: Another Way to Look at Tackles

This is a discussion on Tackle Factor: Another Way to Look at Tackles within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tackle Factor: Another Way to Look at Tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I have a feeling it's my block shedding slider. It's 0 in All-Madden set and 40 in All-Pro set.

I probably will have to sacrifice some run reactions to get the block shedding up.

I hope it is, because I'm liking the way the priorities are working otherwise and would hate to have to dicker with them.

I already hate having to lower reaction time - since the defenders are coming in run support and after the ball carrier better. I guess I could take from tackling instead, but don't want too many missed tackles either.

I have my rush reaction on 0 and it doesn't hurt my run defense at all so taking a few points from it to add to your blockshedding isn't going to hurt. Trust me.. If you have the CPUs runblocking more the 30 points higher then you have the USER blockshedding your Dline will have a hard time getting off there block.. That is the position that gets hurt the most with that slider..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-29-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81

Good stuff, this is making my latest sliders w/ the All-Pro/ CPU 100s setup seem even better now. Thanks KB!

These are the EXACT sort of figures I'm looking for on my Cowboys 3-4. But what doesn't make sense is that in the sliders you're using (the CPU 100s setup) the CPU has a break tackle rating of 100 and you have a tackle rating of 50. That should mean TONS of assists because more defenders are needed to bring down the CPU ball carrier. I'm confused :/

I was thinking of using KBlover'rs slider set where Human tackling is at 40 and CPU break tackles is at 0. What do you think?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher_of_Basra
These are the EXACT sort of figures I'm looking for on my Cowboys 3-4. But what doesn't make sense is that in the sliders you're using (the CPU 100s setup) the CPU has a break tackle rating of 100 and you have a tackle rating of 50. That should mean TONS of assists because more defenders are needed to bring down the CPU ball carrier. I'm confused :/
I belive it has something to do w/ the USERs Sliders not showing "Custom". Its actually showing All-Pro by leaving the User sliders alone and just adjusting the CPU slider down from 100.
I'm just a very user friendly tackler(meaning i switch and finish as much as possible) lol. I love to see the CPU challenge my run stopping skills lol.
Anyway, the easy way for you to start yours is if you didnt want the User tackle VS. CPU Brk Tckl 50/100, drop the CPU Brk tackle to 50, = to your All-Pro setup.

I've had a good amount of assist w/ my LBs too, so I belive this may be my way of ridding that, expect more big hits, and a less powerful run game from the CPU. Now if 50 becomes too easy and the CPUs abandoning the run every game, raise that BTK up until they actually can get 3-4ypc. (You may want to start out w/ the Equal Base set if you are getting trounced by the CPU w/ the 1st sliders listed)

BTW,
2games left in Yr 1 Skins Franchise
I have 2 players ranked in the top 15 in solo tackles(in 14gms) London Fletcher tied for 12th and Laron Landry is tied for 13th. However Fletcher is leading the league(130+ total tackles) b/c of all the assist he has. I will take a screen shot of my end of season tackle stats I have 2gms left.
The previous screen shot showing Fletcher w/ 89 was just Week 9 into the season lol. He was leading the league in Total tackles then and is still leading the league!

Last edited by dfos81; 12-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I'm just a very user friendly tackler(meaning i switch and finish as much as possible) lol. I love to see the CPU challenge my run stopping skills lol.
Anyway, the easy way for you to start yours is if you didnt want the User tackle VS. CPU Brk Tckl 50/100, drop the CPU Brk tackle to 50, = to your All-Pro setup.

I've had a good amount of assist w/ my LBs too, so I belive this may be my way of ridding that, expect more big hits, and a less powerful run game from the CPU.
Run blocking, imo, should be the best way to determine the power of the CPU run game as it is in real life.

In the real game, backs don't get 4 ypc because they break constant tackles all game long, it's because the OL opens up gaps for the back and then the LBs flow to him, usually bringing him down. Even out of position tackles still bring ball carriers down, the ball carrier is just able to fight forward before doing so on tackles like that.

I think that's where some of the problem lies. Madden loves broken tackles. Even on 0, you can get some. In real life, broken tackles are quite rare.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Run blocking, imo, should be the best way to determine the power of the CPU run game as it is in real life.

In the real game, backs don't get 4 ypc because they break constant tackles all game long, it's because the OL opens up gaps for the back and then the LBs flow to him, usually bringing him down. Even out of position tackles still bring ball carriers down, the ball carrier is just able to fight forward before doing so on tackles like that.

I think that's where some of the problem lies. Madden loves broken tackles. Even on 0, you can get some. In real life, broken tackles are quite rare.
I agree but he was worried the CPU would brk too many tackles @ 100(http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html), they really only brk 3-4 per gm against me w/ my latest setup top of pg 1. Mainly b/c I user tackle though.
If you notice my Equal based setup listed 3rd has the run blocking higher than the Tackle vs. Brk tackle slider.

Equal Base: Same on both User and CPU Slider Skills
QBA: 50
PBlk: 10
WR: 50

Brk tak: 13
Run Blk: 35
Fumb: 20

Pass Rea.Time: 75
Ints: 25
Pass Rush: 75

Rush ReaTime: 12
Blk Shed: 25
Tackling: 15

So yes run blocking is a key to a very fluid run game, and also ridding the crazy amount of TFLS.
That brings me to a point though that even w/ my setup w/ CPUS all 100s Im still getting quite a bit of tackles for loss every game against them. I belive b/c its showing All-Pro vs Custom on my sliders/skills that is still allowing for very balanced games, except the cpu is playing closer to whatever the 100% a.i. abilites are w/ the CPU on 100. I know you dont agree w/ that but thats another discussion.

So I may create a "Hybrid Slider Set" That has the CPU all 100s in some key areas and then other areas will be adjusted for more fluid running games, less tfls, and overall 1-2pancakes stats better overall runblocking. I know the Equal Base set I've tested was producing pancakes and I could improve the running games so much just by raising the run block slider 5clicks or so.
I will update my slider thread(pg 1)http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/dfos981/ w/ some more screen shots once the season ends.
2 games left.

Btw,
I like to adjust each 1 of my Sliders sets about the mid part of the season and the end, so that gives more game data to modify areas of needs.
The latest test is All-Pro(user) vs CPU 100s on Slider Skills is in the early stages of testing. I love the challenge the CPU is giving me and my User sliders are @ All-Pro so I'm not changing mine causing it to go to "Custom".
The Cpu has never made my Skins look so lifelike lol. I'm 5-9 w/ this latest testing. So..........

Last edited by dfos81; 12-01-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
If you notice my Equal based setup listed 3rd has the run blocking higher than the Tackle vs. Brk tackle slider. So yes run blocking is a key to a very fluid run game, and also ridding the crazy amount of TFLS.
That brings me to a point though that even w/ my setup w/ CPUS all 100s Im still getting quite a bit of tackles for loss every game against them.

So I may create a "Hybrid Slider Set" That has the CPU all 100s in some key areas and then other areas will be adjusted for more fluid running games, less tfls, and overall 1-2pancakes stats better overall runblocking. I know the Equal Base set I've tested was producing pancakes and I could improve the running games so much just by raising the run block slider 5clicks or so.
The "Hybrid Set" sounds like it would be a good solution with the way you're developing your sliders. I still believe your Equal Base is the best of yours, but then again, I don't like 100 AI skills and play closer to PM "no switching" (though I do switch sometimes, but probably less than you).

The TFL are partly the inept way the AI runs the ball, especially at the All-Pro level (which is often why the AI does a need a higher Run Blocking Slider than the User on All-Pro level). Part of it is also the DL play (too much penetration, not enough getting blocked, but then getting off in time to make a somewhat out of position tackle sometimes before the LBs get there, especially if the LBs are in zone.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
The "Hybrid Set" sounds like it would be a good solution with the way you're developing your sliders. I still believe your Equal Base is the best of yours, but then again, I don't like 100 AI skills and play closer to PM "no switching" (though I do switch sometimes, but probably less than you).

The TFL are partly the inept way the AI runs the ball, especially at the All-Pro level (which is often why the AI does a need a higher Run Blocking Slider than the User on All-Pro level). Part of it is also the DL play (too much penetration, not enough getting blocked, but then getting off in time to make a somewhat out of position tackle sometimes before the LBs get there, especially if the LBs are in zone.
I am 5-9 w/ my Skins w/ this All-Pro/Cpu 100s setup mentioned above and have one of the worst ranked overall rushed defenses in the league. So Yeah CPU could still get some more reductions from 100 and to help my Run D be more true to life production.
So yeah! Again, I like changing/adjusting sliders around mid-season and at the end. That gives me more gameplay info to see the areas of need.
Thats why you saw the CPUs Run Blk lower than 100 now. 2more games till end of season and I will have the latest set updated.
Also I lowered the CPU tackling down from 100 b/c I wasnt breaking any tackles.

Another bonus to improving the run games from this point is I can see the affects on Spteams blocking, returns, etc.
Who knows I may decide now that I can really get the CPU a.i. to play more balanced(controlling all teams) and even adjust the D schemes to slow my teams strengths down. I may just end up w/ 1 Slider Set that is a product of all the Game test, feedback, etc from all the variations of Sliders I've done so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »