Home

Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Pro Sliders

Has anyone messed with Pro-level sliders? I know some of the NCAA folks have messed with Varsity level in order to undo some of the psychic CPU issues, but I haven't seen Pro Sliders conversation in the Madden forums. Does anyone play at that level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Has anyone messed with Pro-level sliders? I know some of the NCAA folks have messed with Varsity level in order to undo some of the psychic CPU issues, but I haven't seen Pro Sliders conversation in the Madden forums. Does anyone play at that level?

What is the cut off point range? Anything over 600? (judging by 150 per group on default all-pro)

My only question would be - would the CPU play dumb? Would I have to gimp my own team and watch them play bad only to hope the CPU can take advantage?

I notice differences in All-Pro vs All-Madden - I can only imagine Pro...unless it's all the same except Rookie and All-Madden.

Also, what is meant by 'psychic defender'? To me, I see awareness - but I'm not "up" on all the Madden jargon for some things. I.E. if I were to look for it, what would I need to see?

Last edited by KBLover; 01-11-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What is the cut off point range? Anything over 600? (judging by 150 per group on default all-pro)

My only question would be - would the CPU play dumb? Would I have to gimp my own team and watch them play bad only to hope the CPU can take advantage?

I notice differences in All-Pro vs All-Madden - I can only imagine Pro...unless it's all the same except Rookie and All-Madden.

Also, what is meant by 'psychic defender'? To me, I see awareness - but I'm not "up" on all the Madden jargon for some things.
Oh, I think I recall PM saying he was going to look into lower levels in the context of the PRC rating in NCAA. I believe Gotmadskillz noted that anything over 78 yielded lightning-quick, psychic reactions to play calls (you can tell the CPU is extra locked in on some plays by the ways the OLBs twitch just a hair prior to the snap). PM mentioned trying out ratings of 80+ on Varsity in NCAA and seeing more balanced reactions. I wonder if the same holds for Pro on Madden.

It's totally a curiosity question. I have no idea what the point cap is, but I'm curious about it given those conversations.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Oh, I think I recall PM saying he was going to look into lower levels in the context of the PRC rating in NCAA. I believe Gotmadskillz noted that anything over 78 yielded lightning-quick, psychic reactions to play calls (you can tell the CPU is extra locked in on some plays by the ways the OLBs twitch just a hair prior to the snap). PM mentioned trying out ratings of 80+ on Varsity in NCAA and seeing more balanced reactions. I wonder if the same holds for Pro on Madden.

It's totally a curiosity question. I have no idea what the point cap is, but I'm curious about it given those conversations.

Well, I asked about the points cut offs because I'm up for trying it, but would need to know how far up to take the sliders (I was looking at taking the All-Pro ones and using them as a base to make the Pro ones.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Pull out Madden 11 (or 10) and use the old slider interface as a "calculator"...

This is the range after implementing the sub sliders:

The rookie range is 0-5

Pro 5-10

AP 10-15

AM 15-20

Yeah, that scale has an overlap, but it's not my math...it's the way EA used to describe it...

I used high tiered Varsity sliders in NCAA 11 and it was as competitive as All American, but did weed out some "super linebacker" BS...

Could be a really good idea...

I'm pretty certain that a total of 152 or higher brings you into the 9 range, which is solid "high end" Pro...

For instance:

QBA: 52
CTH: 50
PBK: 50

Total: 152 = 9 = Pro

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-11-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Inbetween 151-225 for each USER category is pro sliders..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Pull out Madden 11 (or 10) and use the old slider interface as a "calculator"...
I don't have M11 and due to my current situation, I don't have access to my M10

Edit: Thanks Jarodd
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Inbetween 151-225 for each USER category is pro sliders..
So for ex.
Qba: 75
PB: 75
WRC: 75
total of 225.

I wanna show this IQ Scale that I used back when Madden had your IQ ratings for My Skill.
I will post it, just to get an idea of what level of of A.I. we are playing with and against.

BTW, I had a really fun, hard fought, franchise when I had the CPU at almost 100 on all categories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »