Home

Any tips to create a slider set?

This is a discussion on Any tips to create a slider set? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any tips to create a slider set?

I wanna make my own, and before I do, I want tips from guys who have sets on how to make one that can be solid.
My settings that are official are:
Difficulty:all-pro custom
Qtr length:12
Acc clock:20 secs
Auto Sprint/Strafe:On
Game Speed:Very Slow-Normal
Threshold:0
Coach modeptional
Skill sliders are default til i start testing
Othersinjuries,fatigue,subs) are pre-found here on OS
Farm: 17
Town: 20 (my 1st ever 20 rd zombies game! mp115k+sldg hamr ftw)
Nuketown: 0
Die Rise: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Any tips to create a slider set?

Pick a starting point. It can be default all-pro or all 35 or whatever else. There's no starting point that's better than the other. May be best to start with what you're most familiar with. So if you've been playing default all-pro, stay with that so you can see the differences AND you probably have ideas of what you do and don't like, what's too strong or too weak, etc.

I'd suggest going equal User and CPU and play at least 3-5 games with it. Ideally, play against and with different teams and players to get an idea of how abilities are representing.

Also good to have a benchmark to compare your results to. It could be your team's stats, NFL averages, what you saw the last time team A and B played, etc. Gives you something to compare with as you go along as an objective point.

Also good to know what you're trying to make happen/avoid. Are you aiming for mostly challenge (i.e. main goal is the make the game difficult while still generating plausible results) or mostly aiming for realism with that being the challenge (harder teams play the user harder, and any team has a shot on any given game). Are you concerned about how the animations look or more on challenge and/or production/stats?

When it's time to adjust sliders - try to change as few sliders at once as possible. For example, if your QB is too low in completions, try altering one of QB Acc, or WR Catch or opposing pass defense a bit. Play some more games and see what happens. Repeat for all areas that you feel need changing.

And most of all, keep an open mind. If guys try your sliders and find things they don't like - help them help you. Finding a setting good for them might find one that's good in general for the sliders.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Rookie

1st change-threshold to 50.
1st game is CHC@NE will report back with results.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Pick a starting point. It can be default all-pro or all 35 or whatever else. There's no starting point that's better than the other. May be best to start with what you're most familiar with. So if you've been playing default all-pro, stay with that so you can see the differences AND you probably have ideas of what you do and don't like, what's too strong or too weak, etc.

I'd suggest going equal User and CPU and play at least 3-5 games with it. Ideally, play against and with different teams and players to get an idea of how abilities are representing.

Also good to have a benchmark to compare your results to. It could be your team's stats, NFL averages, what you saw the last time team A and B played, etc. Gives you something to compare with as you go along as an objective point.

Also good to know what you're trying to make happen/avoid. Are you aiming for mostly challenge (i.e. main goal is the make the game difficult while still generating plausible results) or mostly aiming for realism with that being the challenge (harder teams play the user harder, and any team has a shot on any given game). Are you concerned about how the animations look or more on challenge and/or production/stats?

When it's time to adjust sliders - try to change as few sliders at once as possible. For example, if your QB is too low in completions, try altering one of QB Acc, or WR Catch or opposing pass defense a bit. Play some more games and see what happens. Repeat for all areas that you feel need changing.

And most of all, keep an open mind. If guys try your sliders and find things they don't like - help them help you. Finding a setting good for them might find one that's good in general for the sliders.

Yea. I want these to feel at somewhat close to real, as im going equal base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »