Home

Madden 12 Franchise Project

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Franchise Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
Rookie

Kuratchi's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 Franchise Project

Alright. I will be starting a Browns franchise using these sliders! I will post up my first game when it's done. Can't wait to finally put these to use! =D
MLB: San Diego Padres
NHL: Colorado Avalanche
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder/ Denver Nuggets
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
No not at all. For now each will be default at 100 as is. Just the positional slide, which is the setting that has the 3 settings in line with "style".

Have not worked on priority slider that adjusts from 0-100 just yet. Only just how each position reacts once the ball is snapped has been modified. Will touch on the other once all coaching schemes are complete.
Apologies if I had not been clear. I was referencing the priority sliders (the 0-100 ones) and was curious if you had considered your approach. It seems that the wisdom most are taking is a set across the board, i.e., very similar settings for most positions (i.e., most at zero and one or two at 40) OR a staggered variation (#1 @60, #2 at 50, #3 at 40, etc.). But they are being used with the same settings for each team.

I was merely suggesting that staggering and providing priority settings unique to each team might help enhance team differences (i.e., Baltimore with the SS with the highest priority versus, say, NYG where the DE's might have the highest priority). I've actually been toying with that a bit, but looking to see if others bite and the results they achieve.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Kuratchi's Arena

Just got done with the first game of the season. Bengals vs. Browns. I won the game 20-3. Peyton Hillis had a good game rushing with 107yds on 23 carries and a TD. Both QB's had a bad day both completing under 50% of their passes.

I do have to say that maybe the QB accuracy should be bumped up a bit because I would expect Dalton to complete around 55%. McCoy just sucks. Not expecting much from him all season.

Other than that, the sliders are very solid. Looking forward to game two of the season!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
Apologies if I had not been clear. I was referencing the priority sliders (the 0-100 ones) and was curious if you had considered your approach. It seems that the wisdom most are taking is a set across the board, i.e., very similar settings for most positions (i.e., most at zero and one or two at 40) OR a staggered variation (#1 @60, #2 at 50, #3 at 40, etc.). But they are being used with the same settings for each team.

I was merely suggesting that staggering and providing priority settings unique to each team might help enhance team differences (i.e., Baltimore with the SS with the highest priority versus, say, NYG where the DE's might have the highest priority). I've actually been toying with that a bit, but looking to see if others bite and the results they achieve.
No no, my mistake. Currently working a few options at player priorities but have not had the time to edit and test as much as I would like.

Also did a bit of reading up scouring the net as well as forums here on OS. I hear you that it could enhance team difference somewhat. So far styles does that to an extent. I also read that priorities stay exactly the same for the user as the cpu during played games. So this could be a global edit.

Some positional priorities I have had a chance to toy with so far are DT, OLB and MLB.

I dropped DT - 50. This clears up more room for LB's to make the stop as DT won't react like skill guys to make a tackle, unless of course they are a upper tier DTs. This has the DT engage with a OL longer and gives the LB's a chance to make a play on the ball carrier.

I aslo dropped MLB to 90 and OLB to 70. I was hoping this would potentially take away some super reactions from average LB's.

If you have any insight or feedback on any positional editing and how it effects in game please discuss. You can PM if you have any useful information on this. Thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuratchi
Just got done with the first game of the season. Bengals vs. Browns. I won the game 20-3. Peyton Hillis had a good game rushing with 107yds on 23 carries and a TD. Both QB's had a bad day both completing under 50% of their passes.

I do have to say that maybe the QB accuracy should be bumped up a bit because I would expect Dalton to complete around 55%. McCoy just sucks. Not expecting much from him all season.

Other than that, the sliders are very solid. Looking forward to game two of the season!
Nice, You are going to struggle with lower QB's thats for sure. Also remember, you have a pretty decent pass defensive D. When your up against a quality QB it is going to be a little different. If you are still getting a low completion % then you have two options.

1. Double ONLY cpu QB to 34 (will make it more difficult of course, but works within the formula that has been taken into account).

2. Have WR catch on 36 for both user/cpu (HB was added to the this slider forumla). Warning though, if you are pretty decent at passing, the user might complete a high % as well.

Don't be hasty though, its one game against a rookie QB. I got a game in last night using the Eagles vs Cowboys. Romo finished with a +-65 % completion and over 350 yards, used what is on the OP. Romo was forcing some terrible throws, ended up with 2 great picks in the game. Got some eyegasms as he was also throwing beautiful 20 yard lasers into tripple coverage to Bryant and completing them. Thanks for the feedback!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #22
Rookie

Kuratchi's Arena

I'm about to play Peyton Manning so I will see if it's any different. If not, I will bump up the CPU.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you need to set coaching schemes for all 32 franchise teams or just the team you using?
Thanks for the slider set looks awesome.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp300
Do you need to set coaching schemes for all 32 franchise teams or just the team you using?
Thanks for the slider set looks awesome.
It's not a must to do all 32 teams coaching schemes. Although, If you would like to have a deeper NFL like experience during franchise then doing all 32 would be wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »