Home

SECElite’s Madden 12 PRO Difficulty Slider Set; Built for Realism and Challenge

This is a discussion on SECElite’s Madden 12 PRO Difficulty Slider Set; Built for Realism and Challenge within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: SECElite’s Madden 12 PRO Difficulty Slider Set; Built for Realism and Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Only one change to the set for those who are still using it.

CPU/ User pass block to 3. This should continue to allow pressure from the outside while minimizing the "jail breaks from the defensive tackles.
Are you serious about this cause i have been trying for so long to find the proper slider to get those ends free and not the dt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostige-
Are you serious about this cause i have been trying for so long to find the proper slider to get those ends free and not the dt.
Yes, the ends do come free with pass block at zero and it provides the most realistic, development of the pocket. However, there are just too many occasions where the defensive tackles break free unrealistically. I am a firm believer low settings result in realistic gameplay. 3 for pass block with pass rush at 10 seems to provide good representation of real life line play.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: SECElite’s Madden 12 PRO Difficulty Slider Set; Built for Realism and Challenge

do you have any coaching scheme sliders you use? i know it affects the franchise but i dont understand the priority and aggression options
Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #68
Rookie

mccoyboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SECElite’s Madden 12 PRO Difficulty Slider Set; Built for Realism and Challenge

Hey Sec...just wanted to say..luv your sliders dude! I'm not a great Madden player..only been at it for about 3 yrs, but luv the game even with its faults.

Just got into trying sliders the last 5 mos, but luv the results you can get. Tried a lot of them...even played around with making my own...came across yours, plugged them in and sure glad I did! They're tough, but I find myself getting a little better with practice and playing regularly in franchise mode.

Not saying other sets were not good, but I too like the idea of the low numbers in your set...I like letting the player ratings mean something and they seem to with these numbers..plus you see a lot of great animations along the way! Never though I could handle QB ACC at such a low number, but heck, I'm getting some great gameplay even with some of the lower rated QBs.

Someone recently posted that there was no deep ball with these settings...not so, I threw a 52 yard over-the-shoulder catch with Brian Brohm in my first pre-season game...it can be done...and when you make it...it feels damn good!

Keep it up Bro...these are great...and like you say, no set is perfect, but with a little tweaking we can all adapt to our playing styles. Thnx for all your hard effort in developing these...they're great...they play well and produce some pretty awesome games...I'm getting a lot of enjyment outta these and will use them for quite some time. Kudos dude...keep at it!

'mccoyboy'
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #69
Banned

Thanks McCoy, I really am enjoying Madden 12 and I am glad these help you enjoy it as much as I do
Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Thanks McCoy, I really am enjoying Madden 12 and I am glad these help you enjoy it as much as I do
I just tried these out again for the first time in a long time, and I could really tell the difference between good teams and bad ones. Playing as CAR, I got blown out 34-10 by GB, whom I normally would have beaten. The only thing I'm not seeing is much of a pass rush presence by the ends, but that aside this is a fun set still.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #71
Banned

Well darn it fellas! I know some you will be disgusted, but I made a rather significant change to my slider set, and didn't update the OP.

I adjusted pass block because I was observing an unrealistic number of "slide off" sacks. I define these as sacks that take place because a blocker either never attempted a block, or prematurely released a block leading to an easy sack by the CPU/ User.

The adjustment also affects the effectiveness of play action for both the user and CPU.

Pass Block from 0 to either 2 or 3 for both CPU/ User. I currently am using 3..

I went with 3 because I was still observing a little "slide off" at 2. 3 provides ample protection for play action to work. Pro tip: limit the use of special moves at this setting, as usually it will lead to your defender being thrown to the ground. Instead, use your left stick to drive through the blocker and break off the block.

You will be amazed at how natural line interaction feels. Adjust your schemes accordingly. If 3 feels overpowered, which it sometimes will, set back to 2

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I just tried these out again for the first time in a long time, and I could really tell the difference between good teams and bad ones. Playing as CAR, I got blown out 34-10 by GB, whom I normally would have beaten. The only thing I'm not seeing is much of a pass rush presence by the ends, but that aside this is a fun set still.
Thanks Troj! Your input is greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »