Home

A couple of things I have come accross in my slider testing

This is a discussion on A couple of things I have come accross in my slider testing within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
A couple of things I have come accross in my slider testing

I have been using Custom All Pro sliders playing 10 minute quarters. My human rushing stats, cpu rushing and passing stats have all been realistic. With my human passing stats absolutely terrible I started decreasing cpu pass defense sliders.

Originally I had the cpu pass defense sliders at:
Pass Reaction: 40
Int's: 35
Pass Rush: 40

Being as I was giving up 7-8 sacks per game and my pass completion percentage was at 40% I made the following changes to test and played five games after making these changes. I kept all other sliders for human and cpu the same.
Pass Reaction: 35
Pass Rush: 25

The results (changes) were as following:
My pass completion % went from 40% to 65%.
Sacks I gave up went from 7-8 per game down to 2.
My rushing ypc went from 4.2 to 8.1!
The cpu went from scoring an average of 24 points per game down to 10!
The cpu rushing ypc went from 4.5 down to 2.0.

First thing I am wondering is, I know the point totals in each category for Human will effect the gameplay level (such as 76 to 150 is All Pro), but I am starting to think the point totals for the cpu will effect the gameplay level also. When the cpu pass defense total was at 115 the cpu offense played much better, but lowering the cpu pass defense to 95 seemed to make the cpu offense much worse. They also went from giving up 2 sacks per game to around 8 sacks per game. All I did was lower the cpu pass dense in two out of the three sliders and all of a sudden the cpu offense and defense went in the toilet! They started giving up sacks like crazy and their rushing production became almost non existent. Also, I started getting a lot of long runs with my RB's, and I mean a lot.

Even if the gameplay level didn't change by lowering the cpu Pass Reaction and Pass Rush, it sure opened up my running game big time. I went from usually getting one big run of 20 yards per game to five runs of 20 to 50 yards per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A couple of things I have come accross in my slider testing

Very, very interesting.

I'm going to have to start watching for this.

Wonder if anyone else has seen this type of thing at higher CPU slider levels?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I changed the sliders after my first post and played four more games. I am convinced that either A) cpu slider point totals effect difficulty level, or B) some sliders effect other sliders. I think it's B because the kick meter hasn't changed throughout my testing. However, watching how my players play on the Human team when the cpu pass defense was a total of 95 compared to 106 (shown below) was a pretty drastic difference. It makes no sense. If I lower the cpu pass defense sliders then my human defense plays better. If I raise the cpu pass defense then my human defense plays much worse. I have tested this and this is exactly what I am seeing among other things I have or will mention.

After my sliders for cpu pass defense were:
Pass Reaction: 35
Pass Rush: 25

I then changed those sliders to:
Pass Reaction: 37
Pass Rush: 34

Once I changed to these sliders I played four games and noticed the following.
CPU offense went from giving up 8 sacks per game, down to 5.
Human offense went from giving up 2 sacks per game, up to 3.
CPU rushing ypc went from 2.0 to 4.0.
Human rushing ypc went from 8.0 to 5.0.
I went from five 20+ yards big runs down to one per game.
CPU scoring went from 10ppg to 20ppg.

The big thing I noticed was watching the players and how they played for both human and cpu. After increasing the cpu pass reaction and pass rush sliders I noticed my DB's were no where near as psychic, which opened up the cpu passing game. Now the cpu had a running game again and my running game was greatly toned down.

Something is really going on with this game, or maybe the game engine. I know that sometimes adjusting one slider can effect multiple aspects of a game (I guess effecting other sliders), I have seen this with a few releases of NCAA this gen (I am more of an NCAA gamer than a Madden gamer although I have enjoyed Madden in the past).

Bottom line is, and maybe EA has and I hadn't read it, but they need to release detailed information on exactly how each slider effects and whatever else it effects. I sure hope they have a totally new game engine for next gen because this one has some serious problems.

Last edited by ab2c4; 02-24-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Thinking about this further I am going to test the theory of 395(I think) total for all Human slider groups for the All Pro level (as opposed to all Human slider groups needing to be 150 to 76), as well as seeing if it is the CPU Pass Reaction slider or the Pass Rush slider that is the culprit, or both, that is effecting all of the sliders.

Does anybody know if EA has much public the exact workings of the sliders? Or do they not know and they are leaving it up to us to figure it out lol?

Last edited by ab2c4; 02-24-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey ab2c4!

I'm playing on All-Pro too, just edited some of the sliders based on the ones from dfos81. My games play very realistic, except my own passing. My completion is at about 30% while throwing about 3-4 INTs a game. Horrible, I know. So I was wondering, if you could possible give me your sliders? Because I just need slightly better human rushing, slightly lower cpu rushing and a much better human passing. CPU passing is really realistic.

Would be very nice if you can give me yours.

Greetings from Austria,
dapr51

Last edited by dapr51; 02-26-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »