Home

Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 13 Sliders : Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
That's exactly where I was going with this. . .trying to understand if that is what is happening. . .if setting the Level to All Madden puts the cpu defense in your offensive huddle (or in your defensive) as Syde said VERSUS decreasing, say, your QBA lower than it normally is at the level.

And a question--when you say "All Madden", are you referencing your Level or are you judging it to be "All Madden" because you set your sliders low?
When I'm referencing any "level" be it All-Pro or All-Madden I'm referring to those levels at their default setting in play now games.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That's what I believe it is..
If it is, tuesday should be fun especially with how everyone has always said sliders play differently in play now vs dynasty.....now we have difficulty levels that don't appear to change sliders in some modes while in others they do, oh boy
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #35
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
Ok I started over ALL-PRO sliders still at 50.

Remember there is no AUTO-SAVE in CCM. You have to save or settings won't stick. Going to restart with ALL-MADDEN and if sliders remain 50/50 I stand by my assertion this is NCAA 13 Part Deux.

Syd Burnz
Just for what its worth, this is not true if you play an online CC. I play an online solo CC just so I dont have to keeping saving anything that might get changed.

I am through the 3rd week of preseason using SEC'S Madden 12 set-up for sliders. I like what I am feeling.

I am interested to see what kind of tweaks are going to be made..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #36
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
And a question--when you say "All Madden", are you referencing your Level or are you judging it to be "All Madden" because you set your sliders low?
Well that is the issue. NCAA Sliders do not so what we expect when we expect based on skill level. In CCM we are now in the same boat.

Madden 12 Zero isnt Madden 13 Zero at ROOKIE or ALL-MADDEN.

EA has a "hidden" slider adjustment. Changes to the league sliders appear to be but a small percentage of the skill level selected. So think of it as a fine adjustment to the course adjustment made by the skill level. We may only be adjusting less than 5% of the overall skill level between 0-100

Syd Burnz

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 08-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #37
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Just for what its worth, this is not true if you play an online CC. I play an online solo CC just so I dont have to keeping saving anything that might get changed.

I am through the 3rd week of preseason using SEC'S Madden 12 set-up for sliders. I like what I am feeling.

I am interested to see what kind of tweaks are going to be made..
I asked SEC to test the following. Created a Offline CC (I believe them to be the same), plug in SEC's 12 Sliders and then play a quarter each from Rookie to All-Madden.

I havnt done it because I am already sure of myself But is the easiest test.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
EASY ANSWER: CCM is NCAA Franchise Mode and was copy/pasted/polished

Syd Burnz
Yeah, I'm sure it is, and I'm fine with that. But that still isn't addressing the root question, the nature of that "pixie dust" (or what you called it in that other thread).

If it consists purely of the CPU "being in your huddle" and knowing what you are running on offense or defense, I'm completely happy with that. Heck, that would seem to mimic a team "studying" opponent tendencies.

If, on the other hand, merely changing the level to All Madden means that the skinny cornerback who used to get plowed over on All-Pro at TAK 50 now executes the physical tackle (actually doing the tackle, not necessarily responding more rapidly to the play) like Ray Lewis is the case, that's something different that should be relegated to sliders alone.

I'm thinking it is pretty important to know which is the case, as it impacts how one would design an effective slider set.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #39
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I asked SEC to test the following. Created a Offline CC (I believe them to be the same), plug in SEC's 12 Sliders and then play a quarter each from Rookie to All-Madden.

I havnt done it because I am already sure of myself But is the easiest test.
I would agree with you. I just wanted to point out that Auto Save is available if you play an online CC.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I am through the 3rd week of preseason using SEC'S Madden 12 set-up for sliders. I like what I am feeling...
Run Block at Zero is Perfect. SEC in 12 said dont worry about picking a skill level, because it lists as Custom after you change them. They no longer do that. Set your Game Option Skill Level to ALL-Madden or Rookie and see if how it feels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »