Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #1401
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1TRAPTOR
Are any of you having issues with WR catching at 45? I have Brandon Marshall, Amendola, some good possession/catch in traffic guys and they continuously drop open passes. It's getting frustrating seeing these good players drop all the time. I think im going to move catching to 50
That's weird.. Maybe they are on a cold streak? I'm not getting too many drops like that besides from a few of my low rated WRs like Randall, Hixon, Bradshaw out the backfield and my backup TE Robinson. Nicks and Cruz usually holds on the ball for me most of the time unless the get blasted across the middle in some situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #1402
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I think moving it to 50 might be extreme. Try 47 or 48

For my play style, anything higher than 45 is too easy, but go with whatever works for you.

Personally, whoever on this thread back when the game first game out that said in the NFL there are only 1-2 drops a game was full of crap. Since that argument I have kept track of every drop I see in every week and I countl, on average, 6 a game. THats the average from about 8 games I have watched every play of this season. SO yeah, I would try it at 47 or 48 before 50 if I were you

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #1403
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumstyx
Thanks again for all the hard work Jarodd21 and all those that assist with testing

I am using your slider sets again this year for NCAA and Madden

Getting the best results with your NCAA and Madden sliders sets again for the second year in a row.

Keep up the great work and keep fighting the good fight
Thanks man! It's been a little frustrating this year with the sliders for CCM but hopefully WA fixes the bug in CCM so I can't get these sliders play like my play now sets.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #1404
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib

For my play style, anything higher than 45 is too easy, but go with whatever works for you.

Personally, whoever on this thread back when the game first game out that said in the NFL there are only 1-2 drops a game was full of crap. Since that argument I have kept track of every drop I see in every week and I countl, on average, 6 a game. THats the average from about 8 games I have watched every play of this season. SO yeah, I would try it at 47 or 48 before 50 if I were you
It was real frustrating watching my Giants drop all types if passes against the Cowboys(3 drops by Cruz). Yeah keep monitor the drops in real life Jared. I really believe 45 is the perfect spot. Maybe he can go to 46 if it's bothering him like that. You are definitely right about the catching at 50 being too high. It becomes too easy to shred the CPU..
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #1405
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib

I think there is a difference in the way dropped passes are tracked in different places. In Madden if your guy has his hands on the ball and it is jarred loose by being tackled it is counted in the stats as a 'drop'.

I looked up NFL averages and this one chart I found stated the team with the most drops last year were the Bengals I believe with 30 something.

Don't believe the NFL officially even keeps track of drops or what definition of it they use. Some people talk about wide open drops, Madden tracks drops very strictly. I read that one of the giants receivers vs Dallas opening night had 3 drops which was a lot so I know Maddens definition is wrong because I have 3 'drops' every game. I personally use 46 for USER WR Catching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #1406
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That's weird.. Maybe they are on a cold streak? I'm not getting too many drops like that besides from a few of my low rated WRs like Randall, Hixon, Bradshaw out the backfield and my backup TE Robinson. Nicks and Cruz usually holds on the ball for me most of the time unless the get blasted across the middle in some situations.
I've had this problem for a while. None of them are on cold streaks until they start dropping it, and then it just becomes to where they ALWAYS drop it. even drag routes.

Had Brandon Marshall wide open in the endzone on a post, and it just bounced off his hands. (had 4 drops in the game) I hit amendola on a slant, perfectly thrown, not behind him or anything, and once again bounces off his hands and gets picked off.

I've kept track and out of 18 INT's from Bradford, 12 of them were caused by a dropped/bobbled pass.

It's just caught my eye alot lately. So many drops. I've had situations where I pass 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, and ALL 3 passes were dropped. Then I have to punt. May try 47 user catch or something, but at 45 i'm seeing too many. Hands of steel from good players.

Last edited by T1TRAPTOR; 09-15-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #1407
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Hey, so as far this thread has been going, has anyone found anything else out regarding the reaction sliders? Anyone on here have results or ideas regarding the idea that they are both reversed as far as how we think of them (meaning, reaction time literally means how long it takes for them to react, so the higher the slider, the longer the reaction time I.E. making it easier).

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #1408
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1TRAPTOR
I've had this problem for a while. None of them are on cold streaks until they start dropping it, and then it just becomes to where they ALWAYS drop it. even drag routes.

Had Brandon Marshall wide open in the endzone on a post, and it just bounced off his hands. (had 4 drops in the game) I hit amendola on a slant, perfectly thrown, not behind him or anything, and once again bounces off his hands and gets picked off.

I've kept track and out of 18 INT's from Bradford, 12 of them were caused by a dropped/bobbled pass.

It's just caught my eye alot lately. So many drops. I've had situations where I pass 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, and ALL 3 passes were dropped. Then I have to punt. May try 47 user catch or something, but at 45 i'm seeing too many. Hands of steel from good players.
When players get hit it don't bother me as much but if they are dropping wide open passes with no one around that is a problem. I think you should try 46. The catching slider has a big affect on your WRs getting open and you don't want to make it too easy. Especially if you are playing in CCM. So you should slowly raise that slider and play a good amount of games with it at 46.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »