Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #1753
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1TRAPTOR
Jarodd, I know you say it's a must for threshold to be at 0, which I have always agreed with, but i'm noticing a trend. Everytime I play someone like Hester, DeSean Jackson, or guys with 95-99 speed ratings... they just blow by my corners for TD's every single time and I just get dominated.

I played against the Bears and Hester had 300+ receiving yards and like 4 TD's. I restarted the game and he did just about the same thing. In real life, he doesn't do THAT much damage with speed. It's almost unplayable playing against speedy WR's. Deep pass after deep pass for TD's.

What is your opinion on raising the threshold?
When I get torched like that I'm usually in some kind of 5 or 6 man blitz and it still doesn't happen often unless I press. When I play with safety help over the top that usually doesn't happen. Are you pressing your DBs and leaving them one on one? The USER INTs at 45 should help the deep coverage out some but you really have to pay attention to the matchups man..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-17-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #1754
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
When I get torched like that I'm usually in some kind of 5 or 6 man blitz and it still doesn't happen often unless I press. When I play with safety help over the top that usually doesn't happen. Are you pressing your DBs and leaving them one on one? The USER INTs at 45 should help the deep coverage out some but you really have to pay attention to the matchups man..
Yeah on 1 of them I remember I was running 2 man under, Finnegan was on Hester, not press, and Hester just zipped past Finnegan and my SS Stewart wasn't even close to him. One of the other ones I played Cover 4 zone and Hester once again just blew by the defense. I'm usually VERY solid in coverage, that's why this baffled me so much.

I suppose I'll just keep an eye on this. I'm going to play the Bears again and hopefully this time I can contain Hester.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #1755
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Yeah on 1 of them I remember I was running 2 man under, Finnegan was on Hester, not press, and Hester just zipped past Finnegan and my SS Stewart wasn't even close to him. One of the other ones I played Cover 4 zone and Hester once again just blew by the defense. I'm usually VERY solid in coverage, that's why this baffled me so much.

I suppose I'll just keep an eye on this. I'm going to play the Bears again and hopefully this time I can contain Hester.
Is your safety reacting properly? He should be back there defending it. You might need to start pressing sometimes when you have safety help over the top.. I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with the deep pass...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #1756
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Is your safety reacting properly? He should be back there defending it. You might need to start pressing sometimes when you have safety help over the top.. I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with the deep pass...
Yeah I'll have to keep an eye on it. Other than that I'm really enjoying the black sliders man.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #1757
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I'll have to keep an eye on it. Other than that I'm really enjoying the black sliders man.

Keep me posted on how those new tweaks are going.. I had to raise the CPUs catching and INTs to 90 since I raised the USER INTs and Catching to 45.. It should balance out..
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #1758
Rookie

BiggaAdams's Arena

OVR: 2

First off want to say thank you for the hard work. I'm on your red set and feel like the game is close to playing the way I'd like. I came from Charter's on all pro. With the new patch, the computer barely throws and I just found it too easy to dominate on that set.

My question to you is, should I move to the green set? I feel like the scores are close and right, but I can't generate any type of pass rush with my team. I try and hit up on the stick with Hali who has 99 pwr moves and 99 block shed yet I can never truck anyone to get over. Also, the cpu RB seems to run a bit too well, and bounces off quite a few tackles every play, any suggestions?

Thanks man!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #1759
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Hey Jarodd, just logged in for the first time in a long time and saw your message. I have a lot of reading to do.

Can someone save me the trouble and sum sup anything I need to know about the patch (I know what the patch notes are, I mean, the basics of does it work or not)? Is it like play now?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #1760
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaAdams
First off want to say thank you for the hard work. I'm on your red set and feel like the game is close to playing the way I'd like. I came from Charter's on all pro. With the new patch, the computer barely throws and I just found it too easy to dominate on that set.

My question to you is, should I move to the green set? I feel like the scores are close and right, but I can't generate any type of pass rush with my team. I try and hit up on the stick with Hali who has 99 pwr moves and 99 block shed yet I can never truck anyone to get over. Also, the cpu RB seems to run a bit too well, and bounces off quite a few tackles every play, any suggestions?

Thanks man!
What's going on man? I'm glad you decided to give my sliders a try.. Yeah the CPUs pass blocking is a little overpowered on All-Madden even with there pass block at 0.. You definitely have to mix in some 5 and 6 man blitzes to get good pressure. You can still get sacks from a regular 4 man rush but it can be tough sometimes. You have to spread your Dlineman(Or 3-4 LBs) to get them of the edge against slower lineman. As far as controlling a Dlineman I can't give you too much advise about how to generate pressure from that position because I suck myself using a Dlineman. I usually control an LB or safety..

If you continue to struggle against the run just lower the CPUs rushing to the green set.. You don't have to lower the whole set to the green set if everything else is playing out right.. You can mix and match any of my sets.. Keep me posted on you games man..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »