Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #1785
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

In 3 games with Sam Bradford I've only thrown 2 INT's. And they were both idiot decisions that I regretted right when I pressed the button.

I try and do alot of screens, drags, slants, zigs, you know, all the short routes, and then I try and get alot of yards after catch. Throwing the ball downfield is pretty tough, sometimes you'll have a guy open, but usually the defense just baits you into a INT. You gotta stay focused and don't force things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #1786
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
Oh another thing you can try is to throw away passes. Clicking the right stick and have the ball fall safely to the ground on the sideline is never a bad play. I only say this because you say your only incompletions are from dropped passes and INTs, the majority of mine is overleading a WR to ensure the ball won't be picked or getting out of the pocket and throwing the ball away.
That is definitely something a lot of guys don't like to do is throw the ball away. They rather force the pass regardless off the coverage which results into a pick. You have to be smart with your decisions. Either throw the ball away or take the sack if everything is covered.. I throw the ball away at least 2 or 3 times a game if it's not there..
Old 10-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #1787
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

Awesome! Looks like the green set is perfect for me. Can't wait try them out, thanks for all the hard work. Out of curiosity, what's your favorite off/def playbook? I'm gonna use these sliders and coach CCM offline with the Texans. I've only played player mode so far, so any other tips would be appreciated! I was gonna run the Bill Walsh offense and stick with the 3-4 base for now.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #1788
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That is definitely something a lot of guys don't like to do is throw the ball away. They rather force the pass regardless off the coverage which results into a pick. You have to be smart with your decisions. Either throw the ball away or take the sack if everything is covered.. I throw the ball away at least 2 or 3 times a game if it's not there..
I feel Delta's pain. But you just described me in my last game. Threw 4 picks with Ponder, just forcing balls like an idiot, let them come back from 35-21 to 35-41. It did however make for a sweet ending. Got to their 10 yard line thinking yes I can win, 30s left. Sack, sack, 4th and 21. Rookie WR Childs breaks containment and they're focusing heavy on Simpson and Harvin, leaving a small window for Childs and Ponder nails it!

EDIT: I do not think it's really fair to blame the sliders though Delta. If you're anything like me, it's just bad decision making. 30 interceptions can be easily avoided. CPU isn't godlike, if you don't make bad throws, you won't get intercepted (There are those freak times when a CB makes a jizz diving one handed interception, nothing you can do about that I guess)

Last edited by Richarddv; 10-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #1789
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
Oh another thing you can try is to throw away passes. Clicking the right stick and have the ball fall safely to the ground on the sideline is never a bad play. I only say this because you say your only incompletions are from dropped passes and INTs, the majority of mine is overleading a WR to ensure the ball won't be picked or getting out of the pocket and throwing the ball away.
I've tried doing this but never got a lot of success out of it, because usually I'm still in the pocket, which means I usually get flagged for grounding which, since I'm usually only throwing on late and long downs, is not much better than throwing a pick, and with Brady, I usually just don't have the speed to get out of the pocket without being sacked (which is something I noticed in my last two games, too, but maybe that was just by accident, those Ds were just flying right into the backfield, I had Brady in a deep shotgun with a back to block and he got sacked several times in under 2 seconds I couldn't even get a pass out, but I'll have to play more games to see whether that's a recurring problem or just bad luck.

With the interceptions, I was really getting it at least somewhat under control, but with the patch and the heightened sliders, it's just chaotic. 3-4 picks a game seem to be pretty common and unavoidable, and I really don't know what to do about it. I'm doing the same stuff that had me down to 0-1 picks a game before, it's not like in M12, only 1 in about 5 picks is an autopick, it's just that defenders seem to be able to move in front of every throw I make. I have no problem admitting that I make mistakes and they make up a big part of my picks, but right now, I feel like more than half of those picks are just "Yeah, the D decided you were due", I have a receiver open on a slant over the middle, the CB is three steps behind him, the safety about 10 yards downfield, I make the throw and either the CB catches up in miraculous fashing or the safety just flies downfield to make the catch. I'm now up to 13 picks in 3 games and I didn't even finish 2 of those, since I had like 5 picks in 6-7 games before that I got absolutely no idea what to do about it. The same routes that worked easily before now get picked every other play.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #1790
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What's going on Delta? Haven't heard from you in months..
Well I hadn't played Madden in months, only looked up this forum again after getting M13 and played around a bit with your sliders, only really got into it shortly before the new patch now

Quote:
If you are having issues with the fumbles just lower the USER breaktackles to 45 and raise the fumbles to 30..
Again, that wasn't my question. I know I can always raise the Fumbles slider if I want less of those, I was just wondering if I was the only one who got this. Before the patch and with the old sliders, I had like 4-5 fumbles in a whole season, only one of those by Ridley and I still spent almost all of his XP to get Carrying up, and suddenly he drops 4 in 3 games with 94 Carrying that just feels really weird. I'd just like to know whether this might be due to the changed sliders or if the patch changed something.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #1791
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah I've had quite a few fumbles as well.. but one of the games was a rain game so I'm pretty sure that helped it haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1792
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty1
Awesome! Looks like the green set is perfect for me. Can't wait try them out, thanks for all the hard work. Out of curiosity, what's your favorite off/def playbook? I'm gonna use these sliders and coach CCM offline with the Texans. I've only played player mode so far, so any other tips would be appreciated! I was gonna run the Bill Walsh offense and stick with the 3-4 base for now.
I like using the Texans playbook on offense and the Giants defense.. I hate I can't use custom playbook this year in CCM. I had so many plays and formations in my playbook last year. I pretty much can play with any playbook though. I mastered almost every route on the game. Yeah just use whatever playbook you are comfortable with. The Steelers and Redskins have some decent 3-4 playbooks.. Keep me updated on your games..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »