Home

Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #2321
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Love the sliders, thanks a ton. 2nd game using the Texans but I have trouble running the ball. Any tips? Should I be attacking the edge with a 1-cut back like foster? Should I use slide protection on running plays?

Last edited by hitmanwa; 11-02-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #2322
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa
Love the sliders, thanks a ton. 2nd game using the Texans but I have trouble running the ball. Any tips? Should I be attacking the edge with a 1-cut back like foster? Should I use slide protection on running plays?
You should attack wherever the hole opens up at. If its inside cut it back to that lane or if you have room to bounce it to the outside do that. You have to be patient and see where the hole develops and then cut it back to that area. You can't get the ball and crash inside immediately without letting the flow of the blocks develop. Check the replay of all your runs to review the mistakes you are making when you get the handoff. I guarantee you will see holes you could have cut it too but you either crashed right into the line where it was clogged or cut it back to the wrong lane. Checking the replays will give you a better feel for what you need to do when running the ball. If you have auto sprint on you need to turn it off. It's better to have full control of the runner.. Which set are you using by the way?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #2323
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

Thanks for the quick reply. Should I use cover ball to slow down while a hole develops? I'm using Single, I, Strong and Weak sets.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #2324
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Should I use cover ball to slow down while a hole develops? I'm using Single, I, Strong and Weak sets.
I don't use cover ball. It slows me down from making my cuts. I just don't hit the sprint button until I know where I'm going..

Which set are you using?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #2325
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

Ah, sorry, thought you meant sets as in formations. I'm using the green set to start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #2326
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Ah, sorry, thought you meant sets as in formations. I'm using the green set to start with.
Oh .hat's cool.. Well follow those tips and your running should improve.. Checking the replays and reviewing your mistakes is key.. Make sure you plug in those new tweaks I just made.. Keep me posted on how your games are going..
Old 11-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #2327
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

Guess it would help if I stopped trying to force the run against 8 and 9 man fronts too. Thanks again for the replies...I'll keep you updated.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #2328
Rookie

dbackfan1998's Arena

OVR: 3

thanks for the sliders. i just tarted playing madden 13 and am using the green set. do you use the right stick for tackling? everytime i try it either theres a delay and i miss the tackle by yards or the opposing ball carrier bounces off of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »