Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #2465
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckunda4
Man what a difference in Game 2...I was completely dominated. Stafford and Dez went OFF against my secondary in the 1st half. I tried man, zone, cover 3 you name it just couldn't stop anything. Again I struggled to run but really had to abandon it for the most part in the 2nd half. Here's some stats:

Ryan (DEN) 29-42-290 2TD 2INT
Stafford (ATL) 20-25-396 5TD 0INT

Peterson (DEN) 20-49
Lynch (ATL) 24-151 1TD (besides a 70 yd TD run, held the run in check)

Bryant (ATL) 5-149 4TD
Moeaki (ATL) 7-96 1TD
V. Jackson (ATL) 4-66
J. Gordon (ATL) 3-62
Lynch (ATL) 1-23
Nelson (DEN) 8-91
Pitta (DEN) 5-47 1TD
Marshall 5-28
Bennett 4-60
Peterson 3-27
Tate 3-36 1 TD

Only thing about this game that I was discouraged by was they were throwing up 30 with 4 min left! oh, and a DL picked me off on a bullet over the middle on a zone blitz...jumping sideways catch. Gotta ask Jarrod, what is the most effective way to user tackle? I control Daryl Washington my MLB on most plays and try not to sprint but several times I filled the hole on a run play and Lynch ran right by me.
Man that 2nd game was rough I see.. You need to use the tackle button (square on PS3).. If you are just trying to run into the player using the analog stick you will struggle. So start using the tackle button and it'll get easier for you. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #2466
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrerhuh
The gameplay was pretty realistic, and haha yeah my run game struggled because I'm not used to the detroit playbook, the runs were different.
Haha! That cool.. Who do you play next?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #2467
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitycobra
Right outta the gate with user accuracy at 3 i'm noticing a huge difference. Take drag routes for example. With user accuracy on 5, putting stick up and right (when receiver is crossing left to right) will lead the receiver off his original route slightly, leading him upfield. A bullit pass with no stick would typically hit him in stride or if a bad pass, slightly behind him, with receiver losing momentum but pass still catchable. With accuracy at 3, the stick up and right results in a catch, receiver staying on his route. No stick and the pass completely sails - every time i've tried that anyway. This is going to take some getting used to as the small adjustment in user accuracy makes passing completely different - will need to experiment with all the routes.

Starting new CCM, my QB has accuracy in low 80's at moment (obviously i'll develop this) If i had an elite QB, perhaps making the move to 3 would be slightly easier. I'll be cutting down my playbook until i develop my qb and practice throwing all the routes. I 'll try threshold at 0.
Yeah it's tough man. You have to make sure you angle the stick exactly where you want the ball placed.. The throw that I struggle with the most is the post corner to the left side of the field. I put the ball on the money on the right side of the field but when I try to throw it to the left side the ball sails on me about 50 percent of the time.. Haha! I think I'm doing something wrong when I'm twisting the stick that way.. I'll get it figured out though.. I don't have any trouble with any of the other routes.. You probably need to jump back in practice and work with the USER accuracy at 3 for a little bit before you take it to the game..

Let me know how it goes with the threshold at 0.. The threshold at 0 also forces you to scheme different when the other team has a speedy deep threat. .
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #2468
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy3399
Jarodd got any suggestions to stop the run? Red feels good just about every except cpu ran all over me. I was using the numbers in parenthesis too so not sure if i have to go even lower, but would just prefer to learn how to get better then go down to other slider.
What player do you control on defense? You definitely need to make an impact on the game with the player you are controlling against the run. Try to get a little more aggressive against the run with some man blitzes. Shift your Dline or LBs to the side you think the run is going. It becomes a guessing game and you have to get a feel for where you think the run my go and crash on it. I would like for you to leave it there and figure out a scheme to slow them down but if you continue to struggle you can either lower there runblocking to the green set or both there runblocking and breaktackles. I think you should leave there breaktackles on red set especially since you are trying to work your way up to the red set full time but it's up to you man.. Keep me posted on what you decide to do.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #2469
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey Jarrod, for just started a new CCM using your black set for the user, and some black level sliders and some in-betweeners (typically the middle number between blue and black set) for the cpu. Finally feel the legit challenge I've been missing again. It's so much better now that the cpu can run the ball as well haha.

How's your CCM going btw? Record?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #2470
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah it's tough man. You have to make sure you angle the stick exactly where you want the ball placed.. The throw that I struggle with the most is the post corner to the left side of the field. I put the ball on the money on the right side of the field but when I try to throw it to the left side the ball sails on me about 50 percent of the time.. Haha! I think I'm doing something wrong when I'm twisting the stick that way.. I'll get it figured out though.. I don't have any trouble with any of the other routes.. You probably need to jump back in practice and work with the USER accuracy at 3 for a little bit before you take it to the game..

Let me know how it goes with the threshold at 0.. The threshold at 0 also forces you to scheme different when the other team has a speedy deep threat. .
First full regular season game with threshold at 0 and 3 as accuracy. My Browns vs Eagles. Practiced a little offence in pre-season games to get used to stick and hoping that has bedded in sliders. Not 100% on that as Eagles offence played terrible against me first half - shut down their first three drives, one with a pick 6. Score finished 52 -38 after they made some plays late on. Mychal Kendricks (trade) at LOLB plays like a freak with his speed coming off the edge with 0 threshold. Noticeable difference.

Yeah, not completely figured out the stick on the post corner yet. I'm slowly developing my understanding of what works best for me with acc at 3. Balls seem to sail on ins/outs if you push directly in direction of route but up and in direction of route improves accuacy and leads throw a little? Slants i normally throw up and in opposite direction of route to prevent ball sailing (depnding on defender position obv) or low which results in much shallower route.

Drags i mentioned previously - qb more accurate for me if if i go up and in direction of route (low or no stick is a no no) The post corner.... it sails on me about 50% of time as well, both sides!!! Its one throw that i have no strategy with the stick on yet. Thought i had figuered it out in practice mode throwing inside shoulder - tried in pre-season game and got easily picked! I seem to find timing and touch more important on this route. If i make throw just after receiver breaks with right amount of touch i usually make it. I kinda accept the ball sailing on this throw some of the time because i accept its a hard throw to make and its such a high reward play. When you make the throw, its a big pay. Would like to know what you doing on the right side with that throw though!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #2471
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Hey Jarrod, for just started a new CCM using your black set for the user, and some black level sliders and some in-betweeners (typically the middle number between blue and black set) for the cpu. Finally feel the legit challenge I've been missing again. It's so much better now that the cpu can run the ball as well haha.

How's your CCM going btw? Record?
What's going on man? I was wondering when you was going to get back on the set.. I seen you messing around with other sets.. Guess you couldn't find that perfect challenge...

Yeah I'm definitely glad the fixed the issues with the CPUs running... I couldn't even play the game anymore.. Now I been slowly toning down there run. Haha!

I just been running a test CCM at the moment. I haven't officially cranked my real CCM up yet because I wanna make sure the sliders are all the way on point. I'm still ironing out a few kinks but I'm very close. I've gotten my *** handed to me a few times in my test games though. Haha! I wasn't feeling the CPUs passing so that was the area I been messing with the most for the past few days.. It seems pretty good so far..

What tweaks did you make? Post the set for me when you get a chance. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #2472
Rookie

OVR: 0

1-1 Fantasy Broncos vs. 1-1 Fantasy Texans
27 17

Great game, nothing out of the ordinary and I finally got a running game going. Peterson ran for 123 on 26 carries with 2 TDs including a 20 yarder up the middle that was well blocked and had to make one guy miss at the 5...pretty pumped about that one. Still can't seem to tackle well; i'm on XBox so would the tackle button be X? Game manual says A for defensive assist but so far I haven't noticed that the A button does anything at all. Anyways still using the red sliders and they are $$$!

Ryan (DEN) 20-37-273 2TD 1INT
Tebow (HOU) 13-24-117 0TD 1INT

Peterson (DEN) 26-123 2TD
D. Thomas (DEN) 7-31
D. Williams (HOU) 26-138 1TD
Green-Ellis (HOU) 4-14

Marshall (DEN) 5-84
Keller (HOU) 5-47
J. Nelson (DEN) 4-42 1TD
Bennett (DEN) 3-38
A.J. Green (HOU) 3-21
Pitta (DEN) 3-66
Criner (HOU) 2-19
Peterson (DEN) 2/-3
S. Nelson (HOU) 1-2
LaFell (HOU) 1-12
D. Wylie (DEN) 1-35 1TD (absolute blown coverage)
D. Thomas (DEN) 1-4
D. Williams (HOU) 1-17
Tate (DEN) 1-7

Last edited by ckunda4; 11-06-2012 at 07:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »