Home

Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #2537
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbni508
Have you had problems getting the other team to pass the ball?

I just played a game against the Vikings (I am the Colts). Ponder passed it 12 times for 79 yards. The bigger problem was the logic of the playcalling down the stretch. It was in the 4 minute drill and they were losing by 4 and still running the ball. I am using the green sliders by the way.
Yeah the CPUs playcalling is a little crazy with the running. I get some games where they pass more but most of the time I get games that are either balanced(50/50) or the CPU runs the ball a little bit more.. One of the Devs just started a thread asking about the playcalling. You should go over there and voice your opinion about this issue so this can get fixed for the next patch.. Here's the thread..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-13-a.html

Anybody else who has issues with the CPUs playcalling needs to address those issues in this thread so it can get fixed just like we got the issue with CCM not playing the same as play now fixed with the last patch.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2538
Rookie

OVR: 0

All Madden - Black Set - 13 min Qtrs - 14 sec run off.

---
First time posting in these forums, been an avid madden player since -99 ,

Jarod amazing job on the sliders having a great time , I will come with some input on my results on my NE Patriots CCM offline as well as the sliders.

Current status: (3rd Season Tom Brady retired first season Duh!)
5-3
vs Jets- W 30-27
@ Titans W 37-25
@ Cheifs L 28-10
W4 - Bye
vs Bills W 24-2 ( Starting playing around with the penalty sliders!)
@ Dolphins W 24-16
vs Rams L 24-17 ( key injuries on offense, Loyd, Hernandez, Ridley)
@ Jets L 24-14
vs Colts W 17-14

Offense Rank : 32 (!) obs early bye week
Defensive Rank : 1

Offense INTs 15 ( My bad though taking bad decisions.. , )
Sacks: 29 (!!!) trying to do less INTs, but having problems with Passprotection..

Def INTs: 6 (rank 29th)
Sacks :16 (middle of the pack)

----------

Quick Feedback, Clearly the sliders must be a bit dependent on what team you are using.. When I still had Tom Brady i could kill a team with 400+ yards in the air with QB setting down at 3..

Now with Mallet, im up to around 6-7 at the black set but I still struggle..

Defense same story, before I had huge problems stopping the run, drafted a great ILB and SS , signed some FA big DEnds going back to 3-4 and im shutting down the run with the same settings..

OBS:. Recently been doing some heavy labbing on the penalty sliders which actually makes huge changes in the game..

And to my surprise.. Even play calling logic is altered with changing the penalty sliders..

I recently played 49rs as my next game (4 times) 2 times with Jarods Penalty sliders, and then 2x with some changes ( mainly, Holding, Clipping, Def Pass INT and OFF pass Int at 55-45 , and Punter Intereferennce..)

What happend (very general feedback)?
First 2 games 49ers comes out and are run heavy.. and the passing game is very tight on both sides of the ball..

Next 2 games I drop some of the penelty settings down - Holding around 55 , Clipping 45 , Interference calls between 55-45 )

49ers comes out starting with 10 pass plays... seperation is completely different between defensive backs and WRs, The running game are totally shutdown on both sides..

But the best part is that defensive players are taking MUCH better angles of attack.

Will run some more tests..

re
vess
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2539
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitycobra
Half way through Yr1 Regular Season with Browns (black set, user accuracy 3, 12 minutes quarters with 11 second run off)

Record: 6-2
W1 vs Eagles W 56-38
W2 @ Bengals L 50-32
W3 vs Bills W 40-26
W4 @ Ravens W 56-16
W5 @ Giants W 45-21
W6 vs Bengals L 40-34
W7 @ Colts W 38-31
W8 vs Chargers W31-19

Offensive rank: 1
Defensive rank: 6

24TD to 27INT, 398 YPG, 64% completion
Richardson has 567 yards on the ground and 9TD's
Mychal Kendricks brought across in a trade with the Eagles has been the standout on defence and has 15 sacks.

Havin a blast. Sliders working really well- thanks Jarodd. With exception of Ravens game, they have all been competitive games. Been down by at least 10pts in a couple of the wins. Benjarvis Green-Ellis ran all over me in my two losses to Bengals (who topped the NFL at 5-1 when they beat me second time)

Looking to pick my spots a bit better and cut down on the INT's in second half of season. Still tring to perfect my use of the left stick.
You are having a good season I see. Your offense has been on point too.. I see Cincy is giving you problems though. Haha! Hopefully you don't run into them in the playoffs. Stats look good besides the INTs. You definitely need to cut down on those.. Which throws are you having problems with at the moment using the left stick?

How many plays per game are you getting?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #2540
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vess111
All Madden - Black Set - 13 min Qtrs - 14 sec run off.

---
First time posting in these forums, been an avid madden player since -99 ,

Jarod amazing job on the sliders having a great time , I will come with some input on my results on my NE Patriots CCM offline as well as the sliders.

Current status: (3rd Season Tom Brady retired first season Duh!)
5-3
vs Jets- W 30-27
@ Titans W 37-25
@ Cheifs L 28-10
W4 - Bye
vs Bills W 24-2 ( Starting playing around with the penalty sliders!)
@ Dolphins W 24-16
vs Rams L 24-17 ( key injuries on offense, Loyd, Hernandez, Ridley)
@ Jets L 24-14
vs Colts W 17-14

Offense Rank : 32 (!) obs early bye week
Defensive Rank : 1

Offense INTs 15 ( My bad though taking bad decisions.. , )
Sacks: 29 (!!!) trying to do less INTs, but having problems with Passprotection..

Def INTs: 6 (rank 29th)
Sacks :16 (middle of the pack)

----------

Quick Feedback, Clearly the sliders must be a bit dependent on what team you are using.. When I still had Tom Brady i could kill a team with 400+ yards in the air with QB setting down at 3..

Now with Mallet, im up to around 6-7 at the black set but I still struggle..

Defense same story, before I had huge problems stopping the run, drafted a great ILB and SS , signed some FA big DEnds going back to 3-4 and im shutting down the run with the same settings..

OBS:. Recently been doing some heavy labbing on the penalty sliders which actually makes huge changes in the game..

And to my surprise.. Even play calling logic is altered with changing the penalty sliders..

I recently played 49rs as my next game (4 times) 2 times with Jarods Penalty sliders, and then 2x with some changes ( mainly, Holding, Clipping, Def Pass INT and OFF pass Int at 55-45 , and Punter Intereferennce..)

What happend (very general feedback)?
First 2 games 49ers comes out and are run heavy.. and the passing game is very tight on both sides of the ball..

Next 2 games I drop some of the penelty settings down - Holding around 55 , Clipping 45 , Interference calls between 55-45 )

49ers comes out starting with 10 pass plays... seperation is completely different between defensive backs and WRs, The running game are totally shutdown on both sides..

But the best part is that defensive players are taking MUCH better angles of attack.

Will run some more tests..

re
vess

What's going on man? Glad you are enjoying the sliders. It's always good getting feedback from the guys who are using the black set since that is the set I'm using.

You should have stuck with the Accuracy at 3 or 4 with Mallet until you got his accuracy up.. Haha! I know it would have been tough but you should have dealt with it since he was going to be your QB and try to play to his strengths..

I'm glad you are noticing the difference when you have better players on your team. Some people think that ratings don't matter when you crank up the sliders for the CPU but obviously it does.. If you have good players on your team and you know what you are doing you will have success. If you have garbage players you will struggle..

I guess I'm going to have to look into this penalty slider theory to see if it affects the gameplay like some of y'all are saying..

Keep me posted on your games man..
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #2541
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah the CPUs playcalling is a little crazy with the running. I get some games where they pass more but most of the time I get games that are either balanced(50/50) or the CPU runs the ball a little bit more.. One of the Devs just started a thread asking about the playcalling. You should go over there and voice your opinion about this issue so this can get fixed for the next patch.. Here's the thread..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-13-a.html

Anybody else who has issues with the CPUs playcalling needs to address those issues in this thread so it can get fixed just like we got the issue with CCM not playing the same as play now fixed with the last patch.
Thanks! I will definitely post over there. That thread seems to have to be addressing the issues that I am having.

Other than that, great sliders very competitive games.

Last edited by pbni508; 11-09-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #2542
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks! I will definitely post over there. That thread seems to have to be addressing the issues that I am having.

Other than that, great sliders very competitive games.
I did what they said to do in that thread and in the first quarter the QB already has 72 yards passing and their RB only has 5 carries instead of 10.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #2543
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I did what they said to do in that thread and in the first quarter the QB already has 72 yards passing and their RB only has 5 carries instead of 10.

But how many times have they passed it. Getting yards isn't the issue. I've had the CPU light me up plenty of times early in the game but the balance of run vs pass is still off by the end of the game..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #2544
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What's going on man? Glad you are enjoying the sliders. It's always good getting feedback from the guys who are using the black set since that is the set I'm using.

You should have stuck with the Accuracy at 3 or 4 with Mallet until you got his accuracy up.. Haha! I know it would have been tough but you should have dealt with it since he was going to be your QB and try to play to his strengths..

I'm glad you are noticing the difference when you have better players on your team. Some people think that ratings don't matter when you crank up the sliders for the CPU but obviously it does.. If you have good players on your team and you know what you are doing you will have success. If you have garbage players you will struggle..

I guess I'm going to have to look into this penalty slider theory to see if it affects the gameplay like some of y'all are saying..

Keep me posted on your games man..
Ok update..

The "official" game vs 49ers..

Loss 20-13

Stats:
49ers
Rush yards: 165
Pass : 102
Turnovers +5 (! dont ask...)
Time of poss: 29:01

A smith:
Rating 118,4
Yards 119
TD : 1
INT : 0
Sacks : 3
11/15 .- 73%

Rushing:
F. Gore 29 att / 153 yards ( obs 120 yards first half !)

NE
Rush Yards: 61
Pass yards: 286
Turnovers (-5 ) ( 6 fumbles, 3 INTs..) 3 lost fumbles.. this doesnt happend often though i just forgot covering up.. and thoose INTS was really bad throughs under pressure from me..

Mallet:
Rating 72,1
Yards : 325
Td : 1
Int : 3 ...
Sacks: 5 (still having a tough time here..)
att: 25/36 69%

This was an amazing game.. i was up 13-10 in half time , f.gore was killing me on the ground with 120 yards after 2 qtrs..

I got the ball in the 3rd quarter and everytime i got some momentum (was moving the ball well) i fumbled.. trying to fight for a few extra yards ..

But ! playing very good defense in the second half , even though i couldnt keep them from scoring 10 points in the third due to all the turnovers..

The game comes down to a final drive 2 minutes on the clock down 20-13 , drives the ball down to the 10 yard line 10 seconds left, scores a TD - REVERSED hodling.. FIWH#JH# .... 3 seconds left, Bunch right formation vertical deep through to Gronk ... drops it in the end zone ... game over.. was alot of fun though !!

Some Sliders Settings on penalty that i found really good:
Offside: 70
False start: 50
Holding : 57 (the higher the harder it is to run)
Facemask : 50
Defensive Pass interference: 54 ( the higher the easier it is to pass) thinking of dropping this slightly lower to around 50 mark

Offensive Pass interference: 47( the lower the easier it is to pass) will probably go to around 50 here aswell..

Punt catch intereference 45
Clipping :48 ( lowering this will make running easier)
Intentional grounding: 100
Roughing the passwer: 50 ( will probably take this up to around 60)
Roughing the kicker: 25 (this clearly seem to change angles of attack on defenders.. will need more testing though)

On the black set i have upped passprection to 3 on User from 0, thats it.

Hum Matt Ryan available on FA....

re
vess

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »