Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #2569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Is anyone elses defensive line useless?

Playing red set, cowboys, 3-4 baltimore playbook. In 3rd year franchise, DE's and DT 85+.

DT past two years has 1 sack and 22 tackles. They don't shed blocks, they never reach out to attempt to tackle the RB, on occasion my DE's will get some sacks, this is the only way the get tackles. They get about 12 sacks total (between the two) per year. But my DT is absolutely useless. Anyone else?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #2570
Rookie

I'll keep you updated as my season goes on Jarodd...I know it's only been 2 games so far but I've been surprised how the changes have made a big difference. I would say that CPU ran 60-65% of the time and most of the passes were of the dink and dunk variety, especially in the 1st half. Only when trailing late would they start stretching the field a little bit. I've seen multiple play-action deep throws now which I hadn't seen any of before. Again you're right, it's only 2 games in so I need a bigger sample but like what I've seen thus far. For the record, I played the Saints (lots of 3 and 4WR sets) and Bengals (mix of formations) in the two games.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #2571
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
How much clock are you playing with? The total amount of plays you are getting looks pretty low. You should be getting a total of 120 plays combined for both teams including sack, punts and FGs..

The stats are on point other then that..
NFL average for 2012 is 129/game, not counting puns and FGs.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/plays-per-game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #2572
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
NFL average for 2012 is 129/game, not counting puns and FGs.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/plays-per-game
Most of those teams were close to 60 plays a game but I guess you can say around 120-130 plays a game is the goal.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #2573
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushogs
Is anyone elses defensive line useless?

Playing red set, cowboys, 3-4 baltimore playbook. In 3rd year franchise, DE's and DT 85+.

DT past two years has 1 sack and 22 tackles. They don't shed blocks, they never reach out to attempt to tackle the RB, on occasion my DE's will get some sacks, this is the only way the get tackles. They get about 12 sacks total (between the two) per year. But my DT is absolutely useless. Anyone else?
Most 3-4 DTs don't too many sacks. They are there to take up space and let other players get to the ball carrier. Lower the CPUs pass blocking and runblocking to the green set if you feel like your Dline should be more involved..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #2574
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Week 9: Rams 14-38 49ers
Rams: 378 Total, 115 Rush (23), 263 Pass (36)
49ers: 311 Total, 139 Rush (30), 172 Pass (20)

Seems better for me under very slow game speed with 14 minute quarters. On a side note, I'm now 2-7, yet have gained more total yards in 4 of my 9 games. The two teams I beat (Cardinals and Dolphins) are both 3-6. Shows the sliders work pretty perfectly anyway, both with in-game stats and the teams I should be beating.
Yeah that increase in minutes really helped the the total amount of plays. That looks way better..
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #2575
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckunda4
I'll keep you updated as my season goes on Jarodd...I know it's only been 2 games so far but I've been surprised how the changes have made a big difference. I would say that CPU ran 60-65% of the time and most of the passes were of the dink and dunk variety, especially in the 1st half. Only when trailing late would they start stretching the field a little bit. I've seen multiple play-action deep throws now which I hadn't seen any of before. Again you're right, it's only 2 games in so I need a bigger sample but like what I've seen thus far. For the record, I played the Saints (lots of 3 and 4WR sets) and Bengals (mix of formations) in the two games.
Yeah let me know how it goes because I see those kind of results a lot.. When I played GB they were balanced with both the run and the pass but it still wasn't right because they should have been passing way more.. It looked similiar to your results with the Bengals...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #2576
Banned

Jarodd,

I am running with the giants and I want to make it as realistic as possible. The giants generate pressure from there front four so I wanted to raise the HUM pass rush. I asked you this before and you told me to raise to 10. I wanted to raise it to 15. So the HUM pass D would look like this

PR 30
Int 30
PRush 15

Your thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »