Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #2961
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Does the speed ala Normal/fast change the game play at all? I am currently using jarrods red sliders on normal..

The am losing games which is great. The only thing i really don't like are the CPU int's (way too many) and also i think the player threshold at 0. I play as the linebacker and it makes it nearly impossible to recognize a route and jump it and pick it. By the time i see it and react to it i have no shot at it and thats with Lavonte David who is fast. Maybe im just not that good. But that was one thing i did like about playing with it at the normal threshold.... However i dont want it to be really unrealistic... Just enough where if i see a route i can jump it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #2962
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram444
Does the speed ala Normal/fast change the game play at all? I am currently using jarrods red sliders on normal..

The am losing games which is great. The only thing i really don't like are the CPU int's (way too many) and also i think the player threshold at 0. I play as the linebacker and it makes it nearly impossible to recognize a route and jump it and pick it. By the time i see it and react to it i have no shot at it and thats with Lavonte David who is fast. Maybe im just not that good. But that was one thing i did like about playing with it at the normal threshold.... However i dont want it to be really unrealistic... Just enough where if i see a route i can jump it...

It just slows the game down. I like the challenge of having to react quickly to things on the field whether it's on offense when I'm passing and running or on defense.. You can play with whatever speed your are comfortable with..

If you feel you are throwing too many INTs you can lower the CPUs INTs to the green set but you have to get better with your reads. You can't go out there forcing every pass and expect to get away with it.. You have to go through your reads and find the open WR. You can't stare down your first option too long. If the play isn't there throw it away. You don't have to force every pass or else you'll struggle like that..

The threshold doesn't have anything to do with you reacting to the ball in there air. You have to take care of your area if you are in zone or you have to cover you man if you are in man and make a play on the ball when it's there. Normal might be to fast for you. You can always drop it down to slow if you need things to develop slower for you so you can react to the plays..
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #2963
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondog
Planning to start my CCM with the Titans tomorrow. I'll be using the black set with all of your sliders, the only exceptions being that I'm playing 15 minute quarters, normal game speed, and the injury slider will be a bit higher.

-I usually get about 120 offensive plays per game on 15 minutes which I think is fairly accurate. The NFL avareage in real life is 128.

-Normal game speed is just what I'm used to.

-While it's true that there are a lot of injury timeouts when the injury slider is raised, almost all injuries result in the player being fine. Through half of a CCM season that I played last week, I had three guys get injured for any more than a game with the sliders on 65 which seems about right.

Dumb question, but how do you post a box score?

Dum
Yeah normal speed with 14 or 15 minutes should work out perfect for you.. I thinking about raising m clock to 13 minutes myself. I'm about 5 to 10 plays off of the average most of the time. I'm going to drop a few more updates tomorrow so look out for that.. I would have did tonight but it's getting too late and I have to get up early for work. I was going hard in the lab today.. The sliders are almost there.. Just a few more kinks..
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #2964
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
How many games have you played with the blue sliders? The coverage should get better.. You probably have to lower the USER accuracy to the low end if it continues to be kind of easy for you.. It's also preseason with all those scrubs in the game. Definitely keep me posted on your games..
Yeah, that was only the second game. Guess the sliders hasn't "settled" yet, cuz now the cup is in beast mode. The running game is tough, but realistic. The passing game however is a bit much. The Oakland raiders (in their infinite wisdom) only have one QB (74 ovr), so their punter comes in the second qtr and goes 7/8 for 114 before half-time......
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #2965
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan 19
Yeah, that was only the second game. Guess the sliders hasn't "settled" yet, cuz now the cup is in beast mode. The running game is tough, but realistic. The passing game however is a bit much. The Oakland raiders (in their infinite wisdom) only have one QB (74 ovr), so their punter comes in the second qtr and goes 7/8 for 114 before half-time......
Haha! The punter huh? That's crazy... I got some tweaks coming later on for the CPUs rushing. I toned it down a little more.. I almost have everything where I want it. Looks like that tweak I made to the USER pass defense the other day finally helped the CPUs passing. Once I get the CPUs running balanced everything should be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #2966
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah normal speed with 14 or 15 minutes should work out perfect for you.. I thinking about raising m clock to 13 minutes myself. I'm about 5 to 10 plays off of the average most of the time. I'm going to drop a few more updates tomorrow so look out for that.. I would have did tonight but it's getting too late and I have to get up early for work. I was going hard in the lab today.. The sliders are almost there.. Just a few more kinks..
I think that my average number of plays run isn't bad, I think it's mostly due to the fact that I run the ball a lot and the cpu runs somewhat successfully against me.

Sweet, I'll check out your updates for sure. That issue with sliders messing with injuries only applies if you have preexisting injuries set to "off", right? So there should be no issue with changing sliders mid-season as long as the preexisting injuries are on?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #2967
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondog
I think that my average number of plays run isn't bad, I think it's mostly due to the fact that I run the ball a lot and the cpu runs somewhat successfully against me.

Sweet, I'll check out your updates for sure. That issue with sliders messing with injuries only applies if you have preexisting injuries set to "off", right? So there should be no issue with changing sliders mid-season as long as the preexisting injuries are on?
Yeah if you have preexisting injuries set to off the injuries will reset everytime you tweak the sliders. You have to have it on for the injuries to stay...
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #2968
Rookie

OVR: 0

in the Blue Set do I put the CPU pass reaction time at 15 or 85?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »