Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3209
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight4real
Thanks for the info!
No problem. Let me know how it goes..
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #3210
Rookie

OVR: 2

Been playing these sliders for a bit the green set, and they seem good. Two problems. Pass rush is non-existent with a 3-4 rush from the line. Just completely broke dick. My rushing offense is atrocious, I don't have a great offensive line, but their d-line sheds blocks so quick I constantly get stopped too quickly. Can't seem to get any sort of defense going. Tons of dropped USER INTs, and just generally stupid AI. Not really sure how to fix it right now. I keep plugging away hoping it gets better, but it seems to be an inherent AI lack of self awarness.

Jarodd, when I get home from work today I'll post some of my numbers thus far. Without a doubt, the game is challenging and fun, but it still feels like a lack of realism.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #3211
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msufanatic
Been playing these sliders for a bit the green set, and they seem good. Two problems. Pass rush is non-existent with a 3-4 rush from the line. Just completely broke dick. My rushing offense is atrocious, I don't have a great offensive line, but their d-line sheds blocks so quick I constantly get stopped too quickly. Can't seem to get any sort of defense going. Tons of dropped USER INTs, and just generally stupid AI. Not really sure how to fix it right now. I keep plugging away hoping it gets better, but it seems to be an inherent AI lack of self awarness.

Jarodd, when I get home from work today I'll post some of my numbers thus far. Without a doubt, the game is challenging and fun, but it still feels like a lack of realism.
Yeah the CPUs pass blocking is a little overpowered on All-Madden even with there pass blocking at 0 but you can still get pressure and plenty of sacks if you mix it up. Since you are using a 3-4 always spread you LBs ojt wide anytime you feel the CPU is going to pass. This helps them get off the edge quick against slower lineman. You also have to mix in some 5 or 6 man blitzes. You can depend on a 4 man rush on every down...

You are definitely making a lot of mistakes running the ball if you are struggling on the green set. You can't get the handoff and crash directly into the line of scrimmage. You have to look to cut it back to an open lane. The holes are there your just not hitting them. You crashing into the wrong lane. Check the replays of all your running plays and I guarantee you'll see open lanes you could have cut it to but you crashed into the wrong lane where everything was clogged. . If you continue to struggle after all the tips just lower the CPUs blockshedding to 35 and there rush reaction to 35. That should help open things up for you until you get better...

If you are having issues with the INTs and coverage just lower the USER pass reaction to 55 and raise the INTs to 20. Those tweaks should help your coverage out and give you more picks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #3212
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
We'll they shouldn't be breaking a crazy amount of tackles like that on the green set with the USER tackling and the CPUs breaktackles matched up at 40.. What player are you controlling? It sounds like you aren't making any plays with the player you are using and you are depending more on your AI players. What kind of plays are you calling to stop the run? They shouldn't be gaining that many yards per game on the green set even if you aren't making plays. It has to be your playcalling... Go ahead and lower there runblocking down to 30 or 25 until you get better.. You need to work on making an impact yourself with the player you are using. You can't depend on the AI to do everything...
I use my MLB (Steven Tulloch, 90 ovr) almost exclusively. I get solid contact on them they just do this spin move off of me after contact. I tried using my FS (Louis Delmas) and bring him up into the box and the same thing would happen.

It isn't that they are breaking them in giant holes, they are being hit near the line of scrimmage and just overpowering my tacklers. This isn't a problem when there is more than one defender bringing them down but I play a pretty conservative 4-3, closer to a Tampa 2 really so I don't really have an opportunity to shove a ton of guys into the box. It also seems like my D-Line ( one of the best in football ) isn't making the impact that they should be, the runners are constantly getting to the second level where Suh and Fairley should be causing a ruckus on a decent amount of plays.

When you made and tweak these settings, what team do you use? I would like to try a game with that team to see how I fare.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #3213
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastitocalon
I use my MLB (Steven Tulloch, 90 ovr) almost exclusively. I get solid contact on them they just do this spin move off of me after contact. I tried using my FS (Louis Delmas) and bring him up into the box and the same thing would happen.

It isn't that they are breaking them in giant holes, they are being hit near the line of scrimmage and just overpowering my tacklers. This isn't a problem when there is more than one defender bringing them down but I play a pretty conservative 4-3, closer to a Tampa 2 really so I don't really have an opportunity to shove a ton of guys into the box. It also seems like my D-Line ( one of the best in football ) isn't making the impact that they should be, the runners are constantly getting to the second level where Suh and Fairley should be causing a ruckus on a decent amount of plays.

When you made and tweak these settings, what team do you use? I would like to try a game with that team to see how I fare.
Well I use my black sliders and I don't get that many yards dropped on me per game. D.Martin went beast mode on me early in the season but he was the only one who dropped 200 on me. The rest of the games have been ok. I am very aggressive on defense. If I feel like the CPU is running I'm crashing in with a 5 or 6 man blitz.. There no way I'm calling zone if I think they are going to run.. On the black set the CPU does break a few too many tackles sometimes but it shouldn't be like that on the green with both the CPUs breaktackles and USER tackling at 40... Most of the guys using my green set aren't having trouble stopping the run. They usually end up bumping the CPUs rushing to the red set.. Like I said if you feel like your Dline should be making more of an impact lower there runblocking so your guys can get off the block better. I really don't believe it's fair to lower there breaktackles below what the USER tackling is but if you feel like they are breaking too many tackles lower there breaktackles to 35..
Old 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #3214
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just bought the game last week and I'm using the green set as I get used to Madden (usually just an NCAA player, haven't had Madden on a console in about a decade).

I like it, may need to bump up to the red set everywhere except the sliders that affect user interceptions (thrown by the CPU) because I'm having a little too much success given my roster strength. Short story is that through 7 games I was -14 in turnovers with 15 given up and only one generated. The CPU had fumbled once but recovered it. Meanwhile I had one interception through seven games when I user controlled on a desperation heave by the CPU but about 25 dropped interceptions.

So I modified the user pass defense sliders to 40/0/35 instead of the listed 60/0/15 for the green set and also lowered CPU throwing accuracy by 10. The result? I had 8 interceptions in the next game.

The user turnovers I can deal with. I had thrown 8 interceptions through 7 games, which is reasonable and I'm getting better at protecting the ball there. It is irritating how often the CPU delivers a big hit and how often I was fumbling (I had recovered about half the fumbles so I guess around 16 fumbles through 7 games), but I am just using RB as I'm about to get tackled with anyone other than my main running back. Those I can live with. The fact that the CPU never fumbles is a little crazy but I'm only halfway through my first season so I'll keep an eye on it.

To get interceptions at a reasonable level for me I guess I will go to 55/0/20 for a while on those sliders and bump the CPU accuracy back up by 5, so 5 less than the green set shows. It's pretty clear that I moved it way too far in that direction. What do you think?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #3215
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah the CPUs pass blocking is a little overpowered on All-Madden even with there pass blocking at 0 but you can still get pressure and plenty of sacks if you mix it up. Since you are using a 3-4 always spread you LBs ojt wide anytime you feel the CPU is going to pass. This helps them get off the edge quick against slower lineman. You also have to mix in some 5 or 6 man blitzes. You can depend on a 4 man rush on every down...

You are definitely making a lot of mistakes running the ball if you are struggling on the green set. You can't get the handoff and crash directly into the line of scrimmage. You have to look to cut it back to an open lane. The holes are there your just not hitting them. You crashing into the wrong lane. Check the replays of all your running plays and I guarantee you'll see open lanes you could have cut it to but you crashed into the wrong lane where everything was clogged. . If you continue to struggle after all the tips just lower the CPUs blockshedding to 35 and there rush reaction to 35. That should help open things up for you until you get better...

If you are having issues with the INTs and coverage just lower the USER pass reaction to 55 and raise the INTs to 20. Those tweaks should help your coverage out and give you more picks..
Thanks for the input Jarodd. I definitely know I am missing some holes, but some times I feel like I'm hitting the right hole, but the defensive lineman sheds so quickly it's no longer a hole. Could be because my line is just not good enough. I'll keep trucking though and keep posting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #3216
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckleberryBC
Just bought the game last week and I'm using the green set as I get used to Madden (usually just an NCAA player, haven't had Madden on a console in about a decade).

I like it, may need to bump up to the red set everywhere except the sliders that affect user interceptions (thrown by the CPU) because I'm having a little too much success given my roster strength. Short story is that through 7 games I was -14 in turnovers with 15 given up and only one generated. The CPU had fumbled once but recovered it. Meanwhile I had one interception through seven games when I user controlled on a desperation heave by the CPU but about 25 dropped interceptions.

So I modified the user pass defense sliders to 40/0/35 instead of the listed 60/0/15 for the green set and also lowered CPU throwing accuracy by 10. The result? I had 8 interceptions in the next game.

The user turnovers I can deal with. I had thrown 8 interceptions through 7 games, which is reasonable and I'm getting better at protecting the ball there. It is irritating how often the CPU delivers a big hit and how often I was fumbling (I had recovered about half the fumbles so I guess around 16 fumbles through 7 games), but I am just using RB as I'm about to get tackled with anyone other than my main running back. Those I can live with. The fact that the CPU never fumbles is a little crazy but I'm only halfway through my first season so I'll keep an eye on it.

To get interceptions at a reasonable level for me I guess I will go to 55/0/20 for a while on those sliders and bump the CPU accuracy back up by 5, so 5 less than the green set shows. It's pretty clear that I moved it way too far in that direction. What do you think?
Haha! Yeah you definitely went to high with the USER INTs and lowered the pass reaction to much(slidere reversed). The highest you should go is 50-25-0 but 55-20-0 should work out fine..

That's crazy you aren't forcing any fumbles. I'm like 3rd in the league through 10 games with forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. Hopefully it picks up for you..

Also don't do a lot of tweaking. Sliders take about a game or two to settle in.. The first game after you tweak something usually plays out with crazy results. After you tweak something you should restart the game about 2 or 3 times so the sliders can settle in then play your game from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »