Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #3465
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It went good man.. I got this STUD MLB in the draft.. He was projected to go in the 2nd round but I couldn't wait.. His attributes are similiar to the stud MLB I had on Madden 12 who was an absolute beast. I didn't pick up any free agents. I decided to stick with my core and build my team through the draft..

I'll post the highlights from the superbowl in a little bit. I forgot to get the stats from the game though..
Thats good i needa get an oline this year and did you get season stats? And whos number 4 in your highlights?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #3466
Pew
Rookie

OVR: 0

Decided I'd give a serious CCM mode a try; as putting up 80 points vs the cpu in 4 min quarters was getting seriously boring, and that was only happening because there was no way for me to run the ball. So yeah I plugged in the green set because it's not the difficulty of the game that bothers me, it's the BS that comes with All-madden. Having WR's drop wide open passes 10 times in a row isn't fun; and doesn't justify a game being hard, that's just artificial difficulty. But I digress.

I started up a coach ccm with the Ravens; good players at every position; but with the age of some; room to bring in promising rookies etc. I played through the pre-season, and found myself getting frustrated at drops again; but I assumed it was just because it was 3rd and 4th string rookies trying to catch massively overthrown passes from my 3rd string QB, haha.

These are the results of my WK #1 game:
Spoiler

Yeah. To be fair; 4 of those TD's were accidental; and I honestly think that the entire game depended on the Special Teams play. (I'll elaborate in a second)
General thoughts about the game's events:
Spoiler

I think Special Teams (as well as my defense) just set this game up. On Kick-offs, the CPU muffed the catch 3 times (both returners went for the ball instead of just one, something I've only seen while using these sliders), which meant CIN started inside their 20 on each occasion. I also got good returns on each of their punts (that return for a TD coming on the first or second punt of the day), so almost every one of my drives started around midfield, or closer. I mean look at my 3rd down conversions; if those drives had started on my own 20, I wouldn't have made 7 field goals.

I think another factor was the 15 minute quarters; although I'd rather not reduce them too much; it's nice to actually play a game; to have timeouts and whoever gets the ball at half matter.

The general feel of the game is much, much better with these sliders, and I don't find myself getting frustrated at some of the usual BS that happens when I'm playing madden offline.

I'd appreciate some advice on what to change, or whether I should just plug in a harder slider set, but I don't want to be frustrated with stupid overthrows/dropped passes and the like.

Overall it's much better; I just wonder if there's a way to not blow out the CPU every time; especially when you stop trying to score after 21.

EDIT: Played a couple more games; none were as bad as that game, but I feel like even though I'm getting critical passes dropped that stop me scoring on that drive; the games are just scoring far too much, any way to tone it down without making defense rediculous, or making QBs ********?

Last edited by Pew; 12-17-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3467
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Currently 6-4 heading into a game with the Steelers. I have had some great games and turned up the sliders to the Red Set. The only issue I am having is that all my games are high scoring and I have to abandon the run game just to keep up. (Wait til you see the highlights of the Ravens game).
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3468
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12

So i decided to skip the rest of preseason and get right down to the nitty gritty!!! my first season opener against the Bengals.... just to set the tone i restarted the game 3 times because i couldn't get a run going...i find myself messing with block left and aggressive and block right. even on Def i try and put certain players in diff zones and what-not i think im jumping the gun but anyways here are my results
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens
Dec 17, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cincinnati Bengals ()3772744
Baltimore Ravens ()1000717
Team Stats Comparison
CINBAL
Total Offense360298
Rushing Yards21297
Passing Yards148201
First Downs1611
Punt Return Yards2522
Kick Return Yards55205
Total Yards440525
Turnovers1(+2)3(-2)
3rd Down Converstion4-124-14
4th Down Conversion0-01-3
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals6-61-2
Penalties3-221-10
Posession Time33:2726:33
Cincinnati Bengals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A.Dalton1215610
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B.Green-Ellis341484.31
B.Scott9586.41
C.Pressley263.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J.Gresham46015.00
B.Tate33612.01
A.Binns24422.00
B.Scott1-1-1.00
C.Pressley188.00
B.Green-Ellis199.00
Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Joe Flacco58%23821
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ray Rice28973.40
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Ray Rice5244.80
A.Boldin33311.01
J.Jones23618.00
T.Smith22110.50
E.Dickerson2136.50
T.Streeter18181.01
T.Doss144.00
V.Leach155.00
D.Pitta12121.00

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #3469
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Currently 6-4 heading into a game with the Steelers. I have had some great games and turned up the sliders to the Red Set. The only issue I am having is that all my games are high scoring and I have to abandon the run game just to keep up. (Wait til you see the highlights of the Ravens game).
I told you to leave the CPUs offense on the Green set and raise the CPUs defense to the red or blue set. The scoring should tone down. How many minutes are you playing with? Post the box scores when you get a chance..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #3470
Rookie

OVR: 2

Question, I'm playing the red set, second hardest, and I am noticing two things. One, is that I am shutting down the majority of teams running the ball. All teams seem to struggle. My settings are what you have.

The second thing I am experiencing is that in year three, I am having problems intercepting the ball. Year 1 was fine, but was on lowest setting. Year two, got my first pick in week 10, year three, game 6, no picks. Kinda crazy. Any thoughts?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #3471
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew
Decided I'd give a serious CCM mode a try; as putting up 80 points vs the cpu in 4 min quarters was getting seriously boring, and that was only happening because there was no way for me to run the ball. So yeah I plugged in the green set because it's not the difficulty of the game that bothers me, it's the BS that comes with All-madden. Having WR's drop wide open passes 10 times in a row isn't fun; and doesn't justify a game being hard, that's just artificial difficulty. But I digress.

I started up a coach ccm with the Ravens; good players at every position; but with the age of some; room to bring in promising rookies etc. I played through the pre-season, and found myself getting frustrated at drops again; but I assumed it was just because it was 3rd and 4th string rookies trying to catch massively overthrown passes from my 3rd string QB, haha.

These are the results of my WK #1 game:
Spoiler

Yeah. To be fair; 4 of those TD's were accidental; and I honestly think that the entire game depended on the Special Teams play. (I'll elaborate in a second)
General thoughts about the game's events:
Spoiler

I think Special Teams (as well as my defense) just set this game up. On Kick-offs, the CPU muffed the catch 3 times (both returners went for the ball instead of just one, something I've only seen while using these sliders), which meant CIN started inside their 20 on each occasion. I also got good returns on each of their punts (that return for a TD coming on the first or second punt of the day), so almost every one of my drives started around midfield, or closer. I mean look at my 3rd down conversions; if those drives had started on my own 20, I wouldn't have made 7 field goals.

I think another factor was the 15 minute quarters; although I'd rather not reduce them too much; it's nice to actually play a game; to have timeouts and whoever gets the ball at half matter.

The general feel of the game is much, much better with these sliders, and I don't find myself getting frustrated at some of the usual BS that happens when I'm playing madden offline.

I'd appreciate some advice on what to change, or whether I should just plug in a harder slider set, but I don't want to be frustrated with stupid overthrows/dropped passes and the like.

Overall it's much better; I just wonder if there's a way to not blow out the CPU every time; especially when you stop trying to score after 21.

EDIT: Played a couple more games; none were as bad as that game, but I feel like even though I'm getting critical passes dropped that stop me scoring on that drive; the games are just scoring far too much, any way to tone it down without making defense rediculous, or making QBs ********?

You should be dropping many passes(Wide open) with the USER catching at 50 unless they are low rated WRs and you are sending them into traffic. Big play WRs won't drop many passes especially wide open ones.

Yeah you have to give the sliders a game or two to settle in. The first game always plays out crazy like that. I always tell guys to let the sliders settle in and never judge what happens in that first game..

Which slider set are you playing with and what is the accelerated clock you are using? Post your exact set for me when you get a chance so I can see exactly what you are working with.. What is the gamespeed you are using too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #3472
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsrule01
Question, I'm playing the red set, second hardest, and I am noticing two things. One, is that I am shutting down the majority of teams running the ball. All teams seem to struggle. My settings are what you have.

The second thing I am experiencing is that in year three, I am having problems intercepting the ball. Year 1 was fine, but was on lowest setting. Year two, got my first pick in week 10, year three, game 6, no picks. Kinda crazy. Any thoughts?
Raise the CPUs rushing to the blue set and if you continue to struggle with picks change the USER pass defense to 55(pass reaction)-20(INTs)-0(pass rush).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »