Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #361
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I understand that to be the issue which is why I said you cannot use the best test method, but the second best test method is playing the same game over and over until you think you have the best base set, then advance to the next week. If you keep advancing to a new game with a different team, you are introducing new variables that are out of your control. This is why a lot of you are getting "It seemed like this slider did this one game and the next game it doesn't". The goal in testing anything (and I give you this advice because I am a tester) is to keep as many variables as possible the same while testing before moving on to a different set of conditions to test your theory on. What I am saying is, if you are testing slider X against the Ravens and you get Y result, rather than moving on to the Redskins the next week, you need to quit the game with the Ravens and replay that game again and again and again. That way, you will know if moving X slider really is what is making changes and not because the Redskins have a better QB or the weather in the game is different or they have one of their starters injured etc. which would skew results. This is a more scientific method of testing. Just saying.
That may be better but not by much. With DPP and the unpredictable nature of games there would still be other variables to account for.

There are some things which can be attributed to small sample size (e.g. number of overthrows or drops) but some things are causes for concern even if it is one game. These things may be elite QBs with zero pocket awareness (by that I mean Rodgers literally running into a sack on multiple occasions, standing in the pocket for 5 seconds like he does not know what his job is, a RB running for 25+ times and getting 30 yards, CBs who play perfect man coverage the whole game, etc)

Something is amiss with sliders in CC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #362
Banned

OVR: 32
Yeah, I have been testing all weekend... have never been so baffled...
Old 08-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #363
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Yeah, I have been testing all weekend... have never been so baffled...
This is crazy.. I have my work cut out for me in the next few days.. I got a feeling there isn't much I can do unless they fix this with a patch and get the sliders working they way they are on the Demo and play now..
Old 08-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #364
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

Did you get the game man?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #365
Banned

OVR: 32
Jarrodd, it's completely different from the demo. I think everyone is looking to you for the answer at the moment, including me.

Pro tip: do not test in practice mode. Take it straight to CCM, and test there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #366
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefighter
Did you get the game man?
Naw I'm going to pick it up when I get off work tomorrow.. I messed around and requested the wrong day off this week. I kept thinking the game was coming out at midnight tomorrow for some reason when I requested Wednesday off a few weeks back. Haha! But I'll be putting in work when I get the game tomorrow..
Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #367
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Jarrodd, it's completely different from the demo. I think everyone is looking to you for the answer at the moment, including me.

Pro tip: do not test in practice mode. Take it straight to CCM, and test there

Yeah that was my plan.. Sounds like I won't be playing the game long if I can't get the CPU to play right..
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #368
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm leaving in a few minutes to go grab the game. Will be testing the black sliders in CCM all night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »