Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #4025
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas72
bah season 1 made playoffs lost to Packers in Lambeau 2nd round
season 2 made playoffs in NFC Champ. game friggin RGIII threw a td w/ no time ball bounced off Carr then hit like 3 others and SMoss catches a 64 yard bomb Die Redskins..
ok season 3 need to draft a new ss and de and ware's replacement, been focusing on Oline last 2 drafts w/ C,G'S and RT free sucks...got a beast DT first years draft in 4th round had 8 sacks and went from a 77 to a 88 in 2 years Beastmode since Ratliff cant stay healthy hmm sounds like real life
Damn you had some tough playoff losses man.. What was your record for those two season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas72
Jarodd do u do practice and pre season games? or skip to reg season stuff?
Yeah I go into practice and I play the preseason so I can get my XP up. I didn't practice or play the preseason in season one though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #4026
Rookie

OVR: 3

11-5 season 1
12-4 season 2 funny thing Patriots went 16-0 and 15-1 season 1 won SB both times.. Giants led div at 9-1 then lost last 6 games
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #4027
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0

Jarrod,

I am the commissioner for an online CCM where there's only about 5 of us users (one per division) and the rest are CPU. I came in after the 1st season so I'm not sure exactly what sliders they were running before this season, but they were a custom version of ALL-PRO. A few of us won most game (18-1, 15-2, 15-3, etc.) while a couple others really struggled most seasons (6-10).

Everyone decided to up the sliders to ALL-MADDEN this year and from my research we landed on yours. They opted to go with the red set for the first go round (I thought green might be a better start but they really wanted a challenge). For the red set I am doing the low end for the USER and the high end for the CPU so it is the true red set with no adjustments.

3 of them had very close games (24-19W, 35-31L, 58-48L) while 2 of us had blow outs (41-10W, 63-14L) [W is won, L is lost]. For the close games the CPU had the better running game while the USERs had the better pass game. In the blowout win the USER had a monster run game (250 yards) but never threw for longer than 15 yards.

-------

My game, however, is the 63-14 blowout loss where I ended up with 5 or 6 INTs thrown and 330 yards rushed against me. I fully expected ALL-MADDEN to be much tougher than the custom ALL-PRO and regular ALL-PRO I'm used to playing, but this was definitely more than I expected.

I couldn't get more than 2 yards per carry on rush with Arian Foster while in the previous season I almost broke the all-time yards & all-time rush TDs per season record. I, of course, had to throw a lot more than I am used to and while most throws I made with ease there were a few where my guys either dropped the pass or the ball bounced off the back of their head. I didn't feel like I was throwing into too tight of coverage but the stats say otherwise with the multiple INTs. I also saw a lot of pass rush pressure that I never saw in previous seasons.

I am in no way trying to knock your sliders. They do what they are intended to do.. clearly I just need to up my game. I don't want to try any cheese crap... so do you have any suggestions for upping my game? Obviously I need to throw less picks and practice more but how does one go about that and what are some good tactics to try?

Do you use gameflow for defense and offense play? I usually don't, but most of the other guys in our CCM do. Do you just control one guy on defense, do you just let the CPU do it all, or do you switch between numerous players to tweak the formation and make the play? Do you user control your runners and receivers or just let them do their thing?

Hope I didn't ask too many questions... just trying to find out where I can put in the most effort for the best reward and stay efficient. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #4028
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I think I'm going to give the Green set a try. I've tried a few other sets out there and lately, it seems everyone has manipulated the penalty sliders to such a degree that I see a lot of odd-looking animations on the field.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #4029
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played week 3 of my Brown offline CCM with the green set. Played Buffalo in Cleveland. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw like 14 straight completions to start the game. Wound up completing like 25/30 passes. Near perfect QB rating. I lost like 54-21. Hoping it's not a trend. I want to struggle, 0-3 atm, but don't wanna get annihilated by QBs like Fitzpatrick every game. My defensive ends, outside linebackers, and safeties are pretty weak though making it hard to generate any kind of pressure without bringing multiple blitzers so that could be a huge concern. I couldn't run anywhere either with T-Rich out and my 3 TDs came off pretty long bombs from Weeden so the majority of the time my defense was on the field and pretty gassed. Guess I'll see what happens next game.

Anyone ever had a problem with sliders changing without you doing it? Just checked my sliders before the Bills game cause my receivers were literally dropping every thing, and some of the sliders were incorrect.

EDIT
Fitzpatrick was 24-28 with 393 yards and 3 TDs (0 INT). 85% completion. Lost this game 54-21, lost week 1 to Philly 33-7, and week 2 to Cincy 34-17. Like I said though some sliders were messed up the first 2 weeks (mainly the CPU's running slider as they completely torched me on the ground the first 2 weeks). Jackson burned me for 128 yards on 26 carries (4.9 average) and 3 TDs week 3, but I'd expect that with Fitzpatrick completely exploiting my defense. The Bengals game was pretty fun too. I was up 7-0 after the 1st and 17-10 at halftime. T-Rich went down with a broken jaw and the Bengals ended up scoring 24 straight points in the second half. Dalton was 14-19 (73%) in that game. Vick was 19-24 (79%) against me week 1 so there is a trend so far with QBs being REALLY accurate against me.

Last edited by i am the messenger; 01-08-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #4030
Rookie

OVR: 3

if yourf completing that high of % u prob should try tougher sliders 63-67% is what u shld be doing
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #4031
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudFuel
Jarrod,

I am the commissioner for an online CCM where there's only about 5 of us users (one per division) and the rest are CPU. I came in after the 1st season so I'm not sure exactly what sliders they were running before this season, but they were a custom version of ALL-PRO. A few of us won most game (18-1, 15-2, 15-3, etc.) while a couple others really struggled most seasons (6-10).

Everyone decided to up the sliders to ALL-MADDEN this year and from my research we landed on yours. They opted to go with the red set for the first go round (I thought green might be a better start but they really wanted a challenge). For the red set I am doing the low end for the USER and the high end for the CPU so it is the true red set with no adjustments.

3 of them had very close games (24-19W, 35-31L, 58-48L) while 2 of us had blow outs (41-10W, 63-14L) [W is won, L is lost]. For the close games the CPU had the better running game while the USERs had the better pass game. In the blowout win the USER had a monster run game (250 yards) but never threw for longer than 15 yards.

-------

My game, however, is the 63-14 blowout loss where I ended up with 5 or 6 INTs thrown and 330 yards rushed against me. I fully expected ALL-MADDEN to be much tougher than the custom ALL-PRO and regular ALL-PRO I'm used to playing, but this was definitely more than I expected.

I couldn't get more than 2 yards per carry on rush with Arian Foster while in the previous season I almost broke the all-time yards & all-time rush TDs per season record. I, of course, had to throw a lot more than I am used to and while most throws I made with ease there were a few where my guys either dropped the pass or the ball bounced off the back of their head. I didn't feel like I was throwing into too tight of coverage but the stats say otherwise with the multiple INTs. I also saw a lot of pass rush pressure that I never saw in previous seasons.

I am in no way trying to knock your sliders. They do what they are intended to do.. clearly I just need to up my game. I don't want to try any cheese crap... so do you have any suggestions for upping my game? Obviously I need to throw less picks and practice more but how does one go about that and what are some good tactics to try?

Do you use gameflow for defense and offense play? I usually don't, but most of the other guys in our CCM do. Do you just control one guy on defense, do you just let the CPU do it all, or do you switch between numerous players to tweak the formation and make the play? Do you user control your runners and receivers or just let them do their thing?

Hope I didn't ask too many questions... just trying to find out where I can put in the most effort for the best reward and stay efficient. Thanks!
What's going on man? Thanks for giving my sliders a go around in your league..

Sounds like you might need to drop the CPUs rush defense to the low end of the red set or down to the green set. Some of you who are struggling with the run are probably to use to having wide open lanes to run through. With my sets you have to pay attention to where the lanes are opening up and make sharp cutbacks to the open areas. You can't get the handoff and crash directly into the line without looking to cut it back. You will always struggle like that. Start checking the replays of all of your running plays and I guarantee you will see open lanes you could have cut it too but you crashed into the wrong hole. You also have to mix it up with some outside runs to open up the inside running. Mix in some stretches, counters, and pitches to get the inside to open up.

With the passing you are probably staying locked in on your first option too long. Once again you are probably use to your first option being open all the time on All-Pro. With my sliders your first option will not be open on every play so you always have to look to check it down to your 2nd or 3rd read. You will always struggle if you continue to stay locked in on your first option.. You also shouldn't pay attention to the pass rush. Keep your eyes down the field at all times so you can find the open WR. Also check the replays of all your passes and you will see the open spots you could have thrown too..

I don't use gameflow or askmadden. I call my own plays on offense and defense.. Gameflow and askmadden will get you killed with my sliders.. You still have to mix it up though. You can't get caught up calling the same stuff over and over. You have to create a good scheme for yourself based on the matchups.

Yeah I always control the ball carriers and I switch off sometimes to my WRs or to USER pick but I don't do it alot.. I usually control and LB or safety and I make alot of plays with the player I control. I usually switch off to a defender then the ball carrier breaks one because my CPU controlled players usually dive on the floor like some idiots when they are trailing behind. Other then that my AI control players do there thing.

The sliders will take some getting use to especially coming from All-Pro but you'll eventually adjust as long as you are willing to put in the work to get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #4032
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think I'm going to give the Green set a try. I've tried a few other sets out there and lately, it seems everyone has manipulated the penalty sliders to such a degree that I see a lot of odd-looking animations on the field.
I don't even worry about the penalty sliders. My sliders play out good for me with my current setup matched up with the penalty sliders I'm using so I don't feel the need to investigate how much they affect the gameplay.. Let me know how it goes DJ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »