Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #4097
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Using the red set.. Love the gameplay feel but feel like we're scoring too much. Just finished playing Seahawks (user) @ Cardinals.

The game probably wouldnt have been as high scoring if it wasnt for turnovers though. Lynch fumbled twice (both returned for TD). Wilson threw 3 ints (1 returned for TD). Other then that, great game. Ended up losing 41-36. Score at half was 13-6 Cards. 2nd half was huge plays by playing aggressively both sides of ball.

I had to make sure to gang tackle Beanie Wells otherwise he would rip off a huge run yet I couldnt break a tackle with Lynch. Should I change the break tackles? Or let it play out for a little bit. This is my 3rd game with these sliders.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #4098
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

Interception trouble on Jarodd's black sliders.

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anybody had any advice on throwing fewer interceptions.

Jarodd is a huge help for me and always gives me advice on how to make better throws etc. But I'm pretty sure he's sick of telling me the same stuff.

So I wanted to know if any of you guys had any advice?

I know the - take your time, if it's not there throw it away or take the sack. Or check your first guy, then your second and go through your reads. Oh and have a check down guy.

The problem with that advice is, Jarodd's sliders are tough! So you can't stand around all day in the pocket waiting for guys to get open. Sometimes I barely have a chance to check my second guy after my first guy is covered.

Plus guys who say that on threads and forums are probably playing on really easy sliders or at least tough for them, but since I've been playing Jarodd's sliders, any other sliders, they're not challenging for me anymore. The only ones that are challenging and provide me with the challenge are J's black sliders.

I'd say 8 times out of 10 the play results in a sack, incompletion or an interception. For me, I panic and throw into coverage and obv it gets picked off.

I need to stop pressing any button when I panic to stop throwing INTs but hell, if you've got a big *** defensive lineman heading your way, you'd be pushing all the buttons too! Big freaks of nature!

Oh and I play with the Patriots, so, I should be a lot better than I am.

Any ideas? Thanks...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #4099
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hi jarodd,

I have been trying the black set with a bit higher human qb acc.

I like the tough offense and playing with the rams does not help.

But my biggest problem is on run defense. All cpu rbīs are like AP only better breaking tackles left and right and blockers sucking their defender into them.

But in my last game I started using run/pass commit. It made a very big difference at least on the run d.

Do you have the same experience? and do you have to use run/pass commit?

Last edited by lujer; 01-13-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #4100
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Im getting zero pass rush on the green set.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #4101
Rookie

prezidentj33's Arena

OVR: 2

When tallying total plays for the game don't you count punts as well??

So it would be passes, runs, sacks, punts. Is this correct Jarodd?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #4102
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey Jarodd, these are some great sliders, I am having just a few problems that I thought you might be able to help with.

I was using the red sliders for a while, but they were just a little to tough for me. So I switched to the green(right now I am trying the green but with user pass reaction at 50, user interceptions at 25, CPU run blocking at 30, and CPU interceptions at 40), and these are good except for a few problems.

User pass defense is just awful, even after I did the changes I mentioned that you suggested a few pages back. In the first two games alone, I have up over 400 yards each game. One of those was to Peyton Manning(alright this happens), but the other was to Mark Sanchez. SANCHEZ?!!?! This makes no sense. The major problem seems to be how my secondary and sometimes linebackers just can't cover anything. In zone schemes, they just stand there and don't react to the pass, and in man they never follow their guy.

For example, on out routes, or corner routes, the WR is usually a good 3 yards out before the cover guy reacts. So when the ball is thrown, the cover guy is 4-5 yards from the WR.(For what it's worth, I'm playing with the Steelers, so we are talking Ike Taylor, Troy, Clark, etc. Not exactly bad players here). This doesn't seem very realistic to me.

Another problem I'm having is stopping the run. I gave up over 100 rush yards each of the first two games(on top of all those pass yards!). Usually, though, the majority of these rush yards come from one or two sweep plays to the outside where my defenders just can't break a block, catch or tackle the RB. Every single time the CPU calls a sweep, it goes for at least 15-20, usually 40+ yards.

I was thinking maybe changing the threshold might help with one or both of these problems(it's on 0 right now), but I'm not sure.

Besides these flaws, the sliders seem to be working great though. Thought I would make an account and try and get your thoughts on the problems I'm having. Hope you can help!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #4103
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Which set are you using?
Sorry for the late reply. The one a notch below the hardest set. In regular games it's all good. In Practice the RB breaks like 4 tackles a run??
Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #4104
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey85
Using the red set.. Love the gameplay feel but feel like we're scoring too much. Just finished playing Seahawks (user) @ Cardinals.

The game probably wouldnt have been as high scoring if it wasnt for turnovers though. Lynch fumbled twice (both returned for TD). Wilson threw 3 ints (1 returned for TD). Other then that, great game. Ended up losing 41-36. Score at half was 13-6 Cards. 2nd half was huge plays by playing aggressively both sides of ball.

I had to make sure to gang tackle Beanie Wells otherwise he would rip off a huge run yet I couldnt break a tackle with Lynch. Should I change the break tackles? Or let it play out for a little bit. This is my 3rd game with these sliders.

I would let it play out a bit more. Are you using the analog stick and the cover up button when running the ball? That helps you break tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »