Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #4105
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Hi jarodd,

I have been trying the black set with a bit higher human qb acc.

I like the tough offense and playing with the rams does not help.

But my biggest problem is on run defense. All cpu rbīs are like AP only better breaking tackles left and right and blockers sucking their defender into them.

But in my last game I started using run/pass commit. It made a very big difference at least on the run d.

Do you have the same experience? and do you have to use run/pass commit?
I actually don't use the run/pass commit. I just make sure I shift my Dline and LBs to the spot I think the run might go and I also make a lot of plays with the player I control. But I'm glad that's working for you. I might start messing around with that sometimes just to see how it works.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 01-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #4106
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
Im getting zero pass rush on the green set.
Spread your Dline or LBs out wide so they can get off the edge and mix in some 5 or 6 man blitzes. You have to be creative amd mix things up. You can't just call a play and expect it to work without using any strategy. The CPUs pass blocking is a little overpowered on All-Madden but you can get pressure and sacks if you follow those tips.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #4107
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezidentj33
When tallying total plays for the game don't you count punts as well??

So it would be passes, runs, sacks, punts. Is this correct Jarodd?
Yes you are right. I haven't been counting the punts lately. Haha! Passing attempts, rushing attempts, sacks, and punts.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #4108
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory_M
Hey Jarodd, these are some great sliders, I am having just a few problems that I thought you might be able to help with.

I was using the red sliders for a while, but they were just a little to tough for me. So I switched to the green(right now I am trying the green but with user pass reaction at 50, user interceptions at 25, CPU run blocking at 30, and CPU interceptions at 40), and these are good except for a few problems.

User pass defense is just awful, even after I did the changes I mentioned that you suggested a few pages back. In the first two games alone, I have up over 400 yards each game. One of those was to Peyton Manning(alright this happens), but the other was to Mark Sanchez. SANCHEZ?!!?! This makes no sense. The major problem seems to be how my secondary and sometimes linebackers just can't cover anything. In zone schemes, they just stand there and don't react to the pass, and in man they never follow their guy.

For example, on out routes, or corner routes, the WR is usually a good 3 yards out before the cover guy reacts. So when the ball is thrown, the cover guy is 4-5 yards from the WR.(For what it's worth, I'm playing with the Steelers, so we are talking Ike Taylor, Troy, Clark, etc. Not exactly bad players here). This doesn't seem very realistic to me.

Another problem I'm having is stopping the run. I gave up over 100 rush yards each of the first two games(on top of all those pass yards!). Usually, though, the majority of these rush yards come from one or two sweep plays to the outside where my defenders just can't break a block, catch or tackle the RB. Every single time the CPU calls a sweep, it goes for at least 15-20, usually 40+ yards.

I was thinking maybe changing the threshold might help with one or both of these problems(it's on 0 right now), but I'm not sure.

Besides these flaws, the sliders seem to be working great though. Thought I would make an account and try and get your thoughts on the problems I'm having. Hope you can help!
I'm suprised you are getting shredded like that with those changes to the USER pass defense. Well I see nothing wrong with P.Manning doing and maybe that was just one fluke game with Sanchez. Sounds like you mainly call zone coverage. Do you ever mix in some man blitzes to get some heat on the QBs? You can't stay stuck calling the same coverages over and over. Do you press your DBs sometimes when you call zone or 2 man coverages? Do you spread your Dline or LBs out wide to get them off the edge and get pressure. You shouldn't be struggling like that with the green set man. It has to be your scheme and playcalling. You can lower the CPUs accuracy down 5 or 10 points if you continue to struggle against the pass.

What player are you controlling on defense? It sounds like you aren't making an impact at all with the player you are controlling. Are you shifting or pinching your Dline or LBs in the area you think the run might go? You have to be creative and use strategy. You can't just pick a play and expect everything to work out everytime. You have to use a lot of strategy with my sliders man.You can lower the CPUs runblocking down 5 more points if you continue to struggle.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #4109
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamncharge
Sorry for the late reply. The one a notch below the hardest set. In regular games it's all good. In Practice the RB breaks like 4 tackles a run??
That's weird. I don't know why it's playing out different. .
Old 01-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #4110
Pro

OVR: 9

Finally about to get my first game on with the new CCM roster update and Jarrod's sliders cant wait to get started and see how well it goes will left you know

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #4111
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah it looks like you handled them pretty good. So far you are on a role this season. We might have to take a look at the sliders after the season. Post them fo me when you get a chance. I forgot where you had them..
here are what i have right now
user-cpu
accuracy 6-100
pass blocking 0-55
catching 50-95
broken tackles 40-50
run blocking 0-50
fumbles 35-35
pass reaction 58-5
interceptions 17-60
pass rush 0-80
rush reaction 35-100
block shed 0-95
tackling 40-55
one change that i will make for sure is cpu pass reaction to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #4112
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhWowAUnicow
here are what i have right now
user-cpu
accuracy 6-100
pass blocking 0-55
catching 50-95
broken tackles 40-50
run blocking 0-50
fumbles 35-35
pass reaction 58-5
interceptions 17-60
pass rush 0-80
rush reaction 35-100
block shed 0-95
tackling 40-55
one change that i will make for sure is cpu pass reaction to 0.
Yeah you definitely need to make that change. You should probably raise the CPUs INTs to 65 too since that's the new high end for the blue set..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »