Home

Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #4241
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
I've come to respect your sliders Jarodd.

BTW i would like to express a long lived myth that receivers in this game aren't aggressive enough. The problem is that while they may not jump for deep lobs a lot, the routes for most passing plays are specifically designed.

For example on a play that has CJ going on a streak, people see this as throw him a lob and pray he gets it, when in reality these routes are meant to get positioning on the safety or Cornerback.

What i have found is that these plays aren't just a normal streak route where your receiver tries to outrun the defense, but they are specially designed to try to get the WR outside positioning on the defender and not for lobs.

For example a normal streak route you would audible to is a straight line up the field. This is meant for burners to simply run upfield as fast as they can to see if they can beat the defender over the top.

On a play like X Follow however your B receiver is sent on a route that resembles a streak, But his goal is to first try to get outside positioning on him and his 2nd goal is to try to burn him.

If you notice the route looks like a dented streak route and not your typical straight line going up the field. This is meant for users to try to get an advantage over the defender so you can lead pass your WR to the outside (Towards the sidelines) if he gains the leverage and maybe if your lucky you can get a step on him and go over the top.

As for streaks, if you look at the play Hail Mary you see everyone is sent on a straight line streak to try to get behind the defense and for you to give them a lob and say your prayers.

If you understand the routes are designed for leverage reasons over the defender, Jarrods sliders on black become more fun and very entertaining because leading your receivers like a QB does in real life is needed instead of just throwing a bullet or lob pass for any route.

With your sliders certain routes that require you to lead your receiver, wont work with simply throwing the ball to him. You must lead the right way and if not then its a pick or incompletion.

As of now i put the play clock on 18 so i can read the defense and breakdown my mismatches and see how my routes develop.

Nice job Jarrod, i have mixed your sliders with Wordtobigbird's philosophies and i am enjoying the hell out of my CCM finally. Makes me feel like a true coach coming up with schemes to score and stop the CPU.

Thanks Arkasaw.. That was a nice breakdown on the deep ball. You have to definitely place passes exactly like that on those routes and you'll pay for it if you don't execute correctly.. Where do you have the USER accuracy at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #4242
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame19991999
where is the pass trajectory and the live ticker thanks
The pass trajectory is the way you aim the left stick along with the right touch when you press the button to pass.. What live ticker are you talking about? The ticker they show of the games on TV when you are online?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #4243
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Thanks Arkasaw.. That was a nice breakdown on the deep ball. You have to definitely place passes exactly like that on those routes and you'll pay for it if you don't execute correctly.. Where do you have the USER accuracy at?
I fumble around 10 and less, i feel that's the threshold before you begin having bad QB's be accurate.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #4244
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
I fumble around 10 and less, i feel that's the threshold before you begin having bad QB's be accurate.
That's when the usage of the left stick really starts to kick in with the USER accuracy at 10 or less..
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #4245
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0

Been having issues with INTs on the blue set. Guys are just dropping picks. Haven't made an INT goal in 3 seasons. I picked up Revis and D. Hall and both have really good catching. Really hard to progress my rookie safeties as well since I can improve their catch ratings and 15 int I see so many drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #4246
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
Been having issues with INTs on the blue set. Guys are just dropping picks. Haven't made an INT goal in 3 seasons. I picked up Revis and D. Hall and both have really good catching. Really hard to progress my rookie safeties as well since I can improve their catch ratings and 15 int I see so many drops.
IMO sweet spot for player interception slider is 27-28. I played an entire season with my 2 brothers in online cc. I had more ints than them, b/c I have 2 cbs that have 79cth...Try dropping jerrods pass rxt a couple and raise ints to 27-28
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #4247
Pro

OVR: 9

Last game i played there was a total of 3 pancake blocks all together for both teams the cpu's team had 2 and my team had 1 playing 15 min quarters wondering how i can get that up and is it ok if i turn User pass defense reaction down to 50 and bring user INTS up to 25 im just tired of dropping easy and i mean easy INTS especially for a team like mine BEARS who live off turnovers.

here are my sliders the way i have them now

(USer/CPU)

qb accuracy- 5/100
Pass blocking 0/100
WR catching 50/95
Broken Tackles 40/50
Run Blocking 0/65
Fumbles 35/35
Pass defense reaction 50/100
Interceptions 25/75
Pass Rushing 0/100
Rush defense reaction 35/100
Block shedding 0/100
Tackle 40/55

Didnt change any of your other stuff.
Wondering if you can help me get More Pancake blocks and more INTS and is everything ok with my sliders other than that everything is perfect.

Also whats the lowest I can go with User Accuracy because I am starting to Get good with the left stick aiming. Still throwing at least 1 or 2 INTs a game though Cutler currently has 23TDs and 23INTS at week 14.

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #4248
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Jarrod. For some reason I started a CCM with the Colts because I thought it'd be fun to rebuild that team back up and get away from that 2-14 record.

(My Seahawks career I feel is "tainted" because I went 16-0 and broke half a dozen records and R.Wilson got over 150,000 XP for the season...)

Well, it's definitely difficult. The defense seems incredibly lacking and the two OLBs have terrible coverage ratings (I think they were DEs before and the Colts switched from 4-3 to 3-4). Well, my first game I got stomped. I just got done playing against the Vikings and it was a good game. I think it's a combination of just having finished my morning coffee and being relaxed and not frustrated. I did throw 2 picks; 1 of them I figured it would get picked right after I hit the button.

I called a lot of blitzes because of the OLBs being pretty useless in coverage. They mostly ran, so sometimes the blitz would stop them at the LOS, other times he'd break 5 tackles and get 15-20 yards.

On offense I ran more than I passed because I was scared of getting picked off. I did a lot of HB Dive and HB Blast. For some reason it seemed easier for me to find lanes and cut around through the chaos. I got a half dozen 10-12 yard runs from going up the middle. After a couple runs I'd throw in a PA pass (nobody answered me before if the CPU bites harder on PA when you have a strong running game going) and they worked beautifully. One of them I squeezed a pass through a CB to a TE and he ran 64 yards to a TD (I have no idea how he outran the 2 DBs following him, but he's a hero now).

It was a really close game, as you can see from below. I'm becoming more convinced though that turnovers happen at just the most "convenient" times. 22 seconds left in the first half, I'm in the red zone and get blitzed and sacked. Luck fumbles Vikings recovery. So they're at their own 20 with 18 seconds left in the first half and manage to march down the field and score a FG. I couldn't stop them at all on that fast drive.

It seems like I'm slowly getting better though. The hardest part for me is being able to look around the field and see if my receiver is open or not. I guess it'll get easier the more I play. I forget that the people using your black sliders have been playing Madden for years :P

Minnesota Vikings at Indianapolis Colts
Jan 24, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (1-0)767727
Indianapolis Colts (0-1)3714630
Team Stats Comparison

MININD
Total Offense335503
Rushing Yards248163
Passing Yards87340
First Downs1522
Punt Return Yards023
Kick Return Yards054
Total Yards335580
Turnovers0 (+3)3 (-3)
3rd Down Converstion0-611-13
4th Down Conversion1-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/10/2
Penalties0-02-20
Posession Time22:4237:18
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMININD
7:18(MIN) A.Peterson 19 Yd run 70
0:12(IND) A.Vinatieri 34 Yd FG73
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMININD
11:21(IND) D.Avery 48 Yd pass from A.Luck710
6:20(MIN) B.Walsh 35 Yd FG1010
0:00(MIN) B.Walsh 42 Yd FG1310
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMININD
9:58(IND) T.Hilton 26 Yd pass from A.Luck1317
4:52(MIN) A.Peterson 13 Yd run2017
3:15(IND) C.Fleener 64 Yd pass from A.Luck2024
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMININD
10:45(MIN) R.Ellison 5 Yd pass from V.Young2724
1:56(IND) A.Vinatieri 20 Yd FG2727
0:00(IND) A.Vinatieri 43 Yd FG2730
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
V.Young - 109.77/129010
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A.Peterson271917.02
T.Gerhart362.00
J.Wright22010.00
V.Young23115.50
Indianapolis Colts
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A.Luck - 124.921/2735032
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
V.Ballard351544.40
M.Moore393.00

On a different note, has anybody ever really found out what's the best things to spend XP on? With my Seahawks I was getting Consistency up to at least 2 for a lot of my players. Also mixed in some standard things depending on positons, coverages, awr, prc for defense; catching, carry for receivers; carry for hb; blocking for o-line. I'm assuming that's pretty much the best way to go. I know this question has been asking a thousand times. I've searched google and forums reading what I can about it, haven't found a whole lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »