Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 AM   #4385
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame19991999
game speed is slow run off down to 15. i am not saying the black sets is bad because i won both game but i will post stats for my new games. one problem is that i a very good on offense andbad on defense
The accelerated clock is too high. If you are going to be playing with the accelerated clock at 15 with slow gamespeed you definitely need to lower the gameclock down to 11 or 12 minutes to get the right amount of plays. You are probably getting way too many plays combined for both teams. Post a box score when you get a chance. Where do you have the USER accuracy? Post the sliders for me when you get a chance so I can make sure you have everything plugged in correctly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #4386
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Question Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
On all 4 sets I lowered the USER pass reaction to 55 and raised the USER INTs to 20.

On the Green set I raised the CPUs pass blocking to 15, raised the CPUs catching to 55, and raised the CPUs runblocking to 40.

On the Red set I raised the CPUs pass blocking to 40, raised the CPUs catching to 70, raised the CPUs INTs to 60, and raised the CPUs runblocking to 50.

On the Blue set I raised the CPUs pass blocking to 65, raised the CPUs catching to 85, raised the CPUs INTs to 75, and raised the CPUs runblocking 60.

On the Black set I raised the CPUs pass blocking to 90, raised the CPUs catching to 100, raised the CPUs INTs to 90, and raised the CPUs runblocking to 70.

I been getting countless complaints about the USER INTs so I decided to get deep in the lab over the weekend to come up with some sort of balance. So I made that change to the USER Pass Reaction and USER INTs but I also raised the CPUs pass blocking and CPUs Catching on all 4 sets to compensate because when I made these same change to the USER pass reaction and USER INTs the last time the CPUs passing became weak but so far the games have been good with the tweaks to there pass blocking and catching. The CPUs passing is still a threat and the USER INTs has definitely picked up. I had 3 INTs in my last game against the browns who's QB was a rookie(first pick) but I also got shredded pretty good in the process which is what I was looking for.

I decided to raise the CPUs INTs somemore because my passing was still a little too good and I'm trying to tone down my yards. Leave the INTs where you have it if you are struggling with your passing. Make the changes if you are shredding the CPU..

I decided to raise the CPUs runblocking for my own personal use. My run defense has been stout this season led by my SUPER stud MLB Kendle Maeweather(Draft #2) so I needed to upgrade the challenge in that department.
These were the updates posted yesterday if anybody missed them..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 01-31-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #4387
Pro

OVR: 9

User accuracy is at 4 and ok i wll change User defense to 55 and User INTs to 20

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #4388
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
User accuracy is at 4 and ok i wll change User defense to 55 and User INTs to 20
Post your slider set for me when you get a chance so I can see exactly what you are working with..
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #4389
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know if its because I'm using the Rams or if its because I suck, but I'm using the Red sliders (which I used on a Redskins CCM and finished 7-9) and am 0-8.

My offense just fumbles all the time, such as in my first game vs the 49ers I had 7 turnovers... 3 fumbles and 4 INTs. The first fumble was on my first series after a completed pass and Donte Whitner hit Austin Pettis into Bowman and the fumble got recovered by Willis.
Second fumble, O Lineman missed his block and Bowman drilled SJax back. Ball bounced about 10 yards back and Justin Smith recovered.
The third fumble was on a kick return by Pead, where he was drilled at my 21... All three fumbles were within 30 yards of my goalline and Frank Gore ran for 4 TDs after breaking every bit of first contact and spinning into new holes for big gains or TDs.

2 INTs were me forcing the ball, but an annoying one (on my 25) was when I tried to make a throw, got hit in the pocket as he threw and a Dlineman (McDonald) made the INT and got about 10 yards despite 3 people around them.

My team has a grand total of 2 INTs on the season, one a User INT by Janoris Jenkins and another a User INT by Jo-Lonn Dunbar.

My DBs react incredibly slowly even on 1 WR routes and my pass coverage is compromised by my terrible run D.

I'm struggling a lot but enjoying the challenge (until these bogus turnovers made me get blown out by my most hated team).

Its also frustrating because teams such as the Packers were running all over me with Cedric Benson and only throwing it 15 times... Playing run D all game is very boring, especially when fumbles and sacks on 3rd down halt your drives before you can get much momentum.

I have most of my success in garbage time in the 4th running the no huddle. Does it break the sliders if I run the no huddle all game (CPU league)?

I'd happily share my stats with you if I knew how to copy them out like others in this thread have done. I'm really enjoying the sliders, its refreshing to be beaten by the CPU so thoroughly. Gulf in players' abilities is crazy, such as how awful Brandon Gibson is compared to Danny Amendola or Chris Givens, yet, very realistically he might pop off one game for 6 catches 145 yards and a TD or 2 (like once a year but still lol) Thanks a lot for sharing and helping out, great work.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #4390
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I don't know if its because I'm using the Rams or if its because I suck, but I'm using the Red sliders (which I used on a Redskins CCM and finished 7-9) and am 0-8.

My offense just fumbles all the time, such as in my first game vs the 49ers I had 7 turnovers... 3 fumbles and 4 INTs. The first fumble was on my first series after a completed pass and Donte Whitner hit Austin Pettis into Bowman and the fumble got recovered by Willis.
Second fumble, O Lineman missed his block and Bowman drilled SJax back. Ball bounced about 10 yards back and Justin Smith recovered.
The third fumble was on a kick return by Pead, where he was drilled at my 21... All three fumbles were within 30 yards of my goalline and Frank Gore ran for 4 TDs after breaking every bit of first contact and spinning into new holes for big gains or TDs.

2 INTs were me forcing the ball, but an annoying one (on my 25) was when I tried to make a throw, got hit in the pocket as he threw and a Dlineman (McDonald) made the INT and got about 10 yards despite 3 people around them.

My team has a grand total of 2 INTs on the season, one a User INT by Janoris Jenkins and another a User INT by Jo-Lonn Dunbar.

My DBs react incredibly slowly even on 1 WR routes and my pass coverage is compromised by my terrible run D.

I'm struggling a lot but enjoying the challenge (until these bogus turnovers made me get blown out by my most hated team).

Its also frustrating because teams such as the Packers were running all over me with Cedric Benson and only throwing it 15 times... Playing run D all game is very boring, especially when fumbles and sacks on 3rd down halt your drives before you can get much momentum.

I have most of my success in garbage time in the 4th running the no huddle. Does it break the sliders if I run the no huddle all game (CPU league)?

I'd happily share my stats with you if I knew how to copy them out like others in this thread have done. I'm really enjoying the sliders, its refreshing to be beaten by the CPU so thoroughly. Gulf in players' abilities is crazy, such as how awful Brandon Gibson is compared to Danny Amendola or Chris Givens, yet, very realistically he might pop off one game for 6 catches 145 yards and a TD or 2 (like once a year but still lol) Thanks a lot for sharing and helping out, great work.
What's going on man? Yeah you have to use the cover up button whenever defenders are close to hitting you. If you never use the cover up button you'll struggle with fumbles like that.. You'll see the difference once you start using it.

Have you plugged in the new tweaks where I lowered the USER pass reaction to 55(Better coverage now) and raised the USER INTs to 20(More INTs and better reaction to the ball in the air). I also tweaked some of the CPUs passing to compensage and balance things out. Definitely plug those tweaks in if you haven't yet. It will help your pass defense out alot..

The CPU will pass the ball more if you stuff there run good enough. Thats one thing I've noticed.. If you are getting ripped apart by the run they'll keep pounding you..

Keep me posted on your games and plug in those tweaks to the USER pass defense..
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #4391
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What's going on man? Yeah you have to use the cover up button whenever defenders are close to hitting you. If you never use the cover up button you'll struggle with fumbles like that.. You'll see the difference once you start using it.

Have you plugged in the new tweaks where I lowered the USER pass reaction to 55(Better coverage now) and raised the USER INTs to 20(More INTs and better reaction to the ball in the air). I also tweaked some of the CPUs passing to compensage and balance things out. Definitely plug those tweaks in if you haven't yet. It will help your pass defense out alot..

The CPU will pass the ball more if you stuff there run good enough. Thats one thing I've noticed.. If you are getting ripped apart by the run they'll keep pounding you..

Keep me posted on your games and plug in those tweaks to the USER pass defense..
Yeah, I do normally, especially when pounding it up the gut. Steven Jackson has 97 carry rating but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference lol Its mad because on the year I have 9 fumbles lost and 23 INTs with only 3 INTs now and no fumbles recovered. Turnover difference is horrendous. My WRs are blanketed so often times I force it into coverage to avoid the sack, leading to drops or INTs.

What I've found has been most problematic for me on offense is that when I keep a RB in to help in pass pro they whiff on the block completely. Steven Jackson just doesn't play up to his ratings in pass protection or in terms of breaking tackles, but against less dominant defensive fronts (and before he fumbles) he will push forward for an extra yard or two.

I've been sacked a lot too, because of this absence of pass protection, especially from the interior, where my C Scott Wells and RG Harvey Dahl get their blocks shedded within a second, giving me only another second to make my read and make the throw. My check downs are always covered by a LB due to a lack of talent at WR and TE hence some aggressive throws into coverage.

I will make those changes to help with my pass D, and hopefully I can start to stop the run a little better in the process.

I won my first game of the season vs the Jets, when Mark Sanchez was forced to pass on me and he was missing some throws Kevin Kolb in the next game was shredding me with.

What do you suggest I do to assist with the pass protection issues?
I know my RT and LG suck, so I try and keep RBs in to block all the time, unless I see blitz and release them out to have a hot throw if primary read is covered, but they're useless (both Steven Jackson and my fullback Lance Kendricks) and its my stud O Linemen in Wells and Dahl that are really letting me down.
Unlike other guys I've seen in this thread, I don't even have 2 seconds to throw normally, with pressure coming into my face so I can't even slide up the pocket to make a throw, and when I do I often get sacked anyway because my line is poor and Madden doesn't really allow for you to move in the pocket subtly and make accurate throws.

I got sacked 7 times by the Cardinals, with Dahl letting up 3 of the sacks, Wells 2, Saffold the other 2 and I was under pressure every time I dropped back, be it with playaction, shotgun, 5 step, 7 step and most scarily from a 3 step drop. I like being under duress and having to move in the pocket, and I like not having 6 seconds to chill in the pocket consistently considering the weakness of my O-Line, but it'd be nice to have more than 4 drop backs a game where Bradford doesn't get driven into the dirt, be it a completion, incompletion or a sack.

I'll make the changes to the pass coverage sliders as you suggested and I'll post what they all look like for me tomorrow. Hopefully then you'd be able to suggest a way of toning down the pass rush just a bit so I don't get forced into making mistakes.

One thing I've noticed about your sliders and that is really cool, yet frustrating (lol) is that if I throw into coverage and a DB deflects the pass, there are more instances of teammates intercepting the tipped balls. I've also noticed that having speed at WR is so crucial with these sliders, just so that they can gain some separation on in breaking or out breaking routes. Danny Amendola who is a nice route running, Wes Welker type possession WR doesn't get much separation despite better route running, acceleration and agility ratings than a lot of guys. Yet Chris Givens, my speed rookie, is very capable of catching an in route with a yard of separation.

Again, many thanks for the sliders and the help, I wish EA hired you so that you could really influence the overall balancing of the game for sim players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #4392
Pro

OVR: 9

I changed everything to the way you have yours only thing different is I have cpu INTs at 85 instead of 90 my question is

How many INTS does your team get in a year. and how do you get your INTs do you let the cpu get them by themselves or do you. Always change into whoever the defender is that is near by and try to get the INT on your own.
I see that when i try to change into whoever the closest defender is i always make a misstep because i may be moving left already on the person that i was controlling beforehand and then when i change i may be needing to move to the right so it automatically puts me out of position. Idk guess i just wanna know whats the best way to get a INT.
'

I just want you to know your cheating me and my precious Chicago Bears out of INTS with this USER 25 stuff lol I'll never be able to break the record for most INTs in a season. Tim Jennings did have 8 though last season this season Chris Conte leads my team with 4 INTs and its week 10 or 11 i forget

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »