Home

Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #4393
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

I agree i get hardly any Int's Carr led cowboys w/ 4 SLee had 3 and Claibourne 3 and Church 3 ....Ihad 1 game where Claibourne got 3 picks then never again whole season ...balls just bounce off my guys like its dodgeball or something...BUT cpu dont drop any threw 14 picks first season w/ Romo
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #4394
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

ok got my sliders at

USER CPU
QB Acc: 14 60
Pass Blocking: 0 25
WR Catching: 50 65
Broken Tackles: 40 45
Run Blocking: 0 45
Fumbles: 35 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 55 30
Interceptions: 20 55
Pass Rushing: 0 60
Rush Defense Reaction Time: 35 60
Block Shedding 0 60
Tackling: 40 45

I'll post the results of my next few games on here so you can tell me whats going wrong if the same problems persist. Thanks a bunch Jarrod, appreciate the sliders and help.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #4395
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Yeah, I do normally, especially when pounding it up the gut. Steven Jackson has 97 carry rating but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference lol Its mad because on the year I have 9 fumbles lost and 23 INTs with only 3 INTs now and no fumbles recovered. Turnover difference is horrendous. My WRs are blanketed so often times I force it into coverage to avoid the sack, leading to drops or INTs.

What I've found has been most problematic for me on offense is that when I keep a RB in to help in pass pro they whiff on the block completely. Steven Jackson just doesn't play up to his ratings in pass protection or in terms of breaking tackles, but against less dominant defensive fronts (and before he fumbles) he will push forward for an extra yard or two.

I've been sacked a lot too, because of this absence of pass protection, especially from the interior, where my C Scott Wells and RG Harvey Dahl get their blocks shedded within a second, giving me only another second to make my read and make the throw. My check downs are always covered by a LB due to a lack of talent at WR and TE hence some aggressive throws into coverage.

I will make those changes to help with my pass D, and hopefully I can start to stop the run a little better in the process.

I won my first game of the season vs the Jets, when Mark Sanchez was forced to pass on me and he was missing some throws Kevin Kolb in the next game was shredding me with.

What do you suggest I do to assist with the pass protection issues?
I know my RT and LG suck, so I try and keep RBs in to block all the time, unless I see blitz and release them out to have a hot throw if primary read is covered, but they're useless (both Steven Jackson and my fullback Lance Kendricks) and its my stud O Linemen in Wells and Dahl that are really letting me down.
Unlike other guys I've seen in this thread, I don't even have 2 seconds to throw normally, with pressure coming into my face so I can't even slide up the pocket to make a throw, and when I do I often get sacked anyway because my line is poor and Madden doesn't really allow for you to move in the pocket subtly and make accurate throws.

I got sacked 7 times by the Cardinals, with Dahl letting up 3 of the sacks, Wells 2, Saffold the other 2 and I was under pressure every time I dropped back, be it with playaction, shotgun, 5 step, 7 step and most scarily from a 3 step drop. I like being under duress and having to move in the pocket, and I like not having 6 seconds to chill in the pocket consistently considering the weakness of my O-Line, but it'd be nice to have more than 4 drop backs a game where Bradford doesn't get driven into the dirt, be it a completion, incompletion or a sack.

I'll make the changes to the pass coverage sliders as you suggested and I'll post what they all look like for me tomorrow. Hopefully then you'd be able to suggest a way of toning down the pass rush just a bit so I don't get forced into making mistakes.

One thing I've noticed about your sliders and that is really cool, yet frustrating (lol) is that if I throw into coverage and a DB deflects the pass, there are more instances of teammates intercepting the tipped balls. I've also noticed that having speed at WR is so crucial with these sliders, just so that they can gain some separation on in breaking or out breaking routes. Danny Amendola who is a nice route running, Wes Welker type possession WR doesn't get much separation despite better route running, acceleration and agility ratings than a lot of guys. Yet Chris Givens, my speed rookie, is very capable of catching an in route with a yard of separation.

Again, many thanks for the sliders and the help, I wish EA hired you so that you could really influence the overall balancing of the game for sim players.
You gotta stop focusing on what's going on up front with the pass rush and focus on your reads.. That is the reason why you are getting sacked like that. I guarantee if you check the replay of your plays you'll see open areas on the field where you could have went with the ball. You'll always struggle with sacks if you watch the Dline and Oline interaction. I don't get sacked like that and you see what the black set looks like.. You can lower the CPUs pass rush down 5 or 10 points if you need more time to operate in the pocket..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #4396
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
I changed everything to the way you have yours only thing different is I have cpu INTs at 85 instead of 90 my question is

How many INTS does your team get in a year. and how do you get your INTs do you let the cpu get them by themselves or do you. Always change into whoever the defender is that is near by and try to get the INT on your own.
I see that when i try to change into whoever the closest defender is i always make a misstep because i may be moving left already on the person that i was controlling beforehand and then when i change i may be needing to move to the right so it automatically puts me out of position. Idk guess i just wanna know whats the best way to get a INT.
'

I just want you to know your cheating me and my precious Chicago Bears out of INTS with this USER 25 stuff lol I'll never be able to break the record for most INTs in a season. Tim Jennings did have 8 though last season this season Chris Conte leads my team with 4 INTs and its week 10 or 11 i forget
Last season I had like 15 or 16 INTs I believe. This year my INTs was horrible which made me decide to change the USER pass defense and crank the CPUs offense up some more. In my 3 games since making the change to 55-20-0 I've grabbed 5 INTs including this sick pick against D.Brees last night..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJljuEvo2g

Your picks will start coming..
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #4397
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas72
I agree i get hardly any Int's Carr led cowboys w/ 4 SLee had 3 and Claibourne 3 and Church 3 ....Ihad 1 game where Claibourne got 3 picks then never again whole season ...balls just bounce off my guys like its dodgeball or something...BUT cpu dont drop any threw 14 picks first season w/ Romo
Have you plugged in the new tweaks to the USER pass defense? It's now 55-20-0..
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #4398
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
ok got my sliders at

USER CPU
QB Acc: 14 60
Pass Blocking: 0 25
WR Catching: 50 65
Broken Tackles: 40 45
Run Blocking: 0 45
Fumbles: 35 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 55 30
Interceptions: 20 55
Pass Rushing: 0 60
Rush Defense Reaction Time: 35 60
Block Shedding 0 60
Tackling: 40 45

I'll post the results of my next few games on here so you can tell me whats going wrong if the same problems persist. Thanks a bunch Jarrod, appreciate the sliders and help.
Okay cool. Definitely keep me posted..
Old 02-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #4399
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey man, I updated the sliders and came away with a nice win over the 49ers.I won 21-20. Frank Gore went off on me in the 1st half but Kaepernick couldn't get the 3rd down conversions whenever I stuffed Gore later on in the game. I threw one bonheaded INT and struggled to run, but broke off a big gainer with my change of pace back Daryl Richardson for a TD.

14 unanswered points in the 4th got me the win.

Next game I played buffalo and did a nice job containing spiller, he broke 2 big runs for over 20 yards on his way to 87 yards on 15 carries, but my ball control offense kept their O off the field and whenever they came on, they couldn't do much, especially because Fitzpatrick was just throwing it up on 3rd and whatever to Lee Evans downfield, which was easily defended. 2 boneheaded picks by Bradford in the red zone kept the score closer than it should have been, but I came away with a 17-14 win.

Next up is Adrian Peterson and the Vikings. I'm hoping to get another nice win. The game plays a lot better now, although the AI playcalling is really exposed by the more balanced play. The inability to sustain drives has been quite shocking. My D, despite the 32nd ranked run D are ranked number 1 because of the number 1 pass D in the league (usually based off of short fields and giving up 200 on the ground) Now that my O, despite staying ranked 32nd overall, are moving the ball better and I'm generally getting more familiar with the playbook, I feel more wins are on their way. It'll be nice to see if I can win against the really tough teams that I'll hopefully play next season.

You think everything sounds alright there or is there anything I can tweak to help CPU pass game without making it ridiculous?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #4400
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Hey man, I updated the sliders and came away with a nice win over the 49ers.I won 21-20. Frank Gore went off on me in the 1st half but Kaepernick couldn't get the 3rd down conversions whenever I stuffed Gore later on in the game. I threw one bonheaded INT and struggled to run, but broke off a big gainer with my change of pace back Daryl Richardson for a TD.

14 unanswered points in the 4th got me the win.

Next game I played buffalo and did a nice job containing spiller, he broke 2 big runs for over 20 yards on his way to 87 yards on 15 carries, but my ball control offense kept their O off the field and whenever they came on, they couldn't do much, especially because Fitzpatrick was just throwing it up on 3rd and whatever to Lee Evans downfield, which was easily defended. 2 boneheaded picks by Bradford in the red zone kept the score closer than it should have been, but I came away with a 17-14 win.

Next up is Adrian Peterson and the Vikings. I'm hoping to get another nice win. The game plays a lot better now, although the AI playcalling is really exposed by the more balanced play. The inability to sustain drives has been quite shocking. My D, despite the 32nd ranked run D are ranked number 1 because of the number 1 pass D in the league (usually based off of short fields and giving up 200 on the ground) Now that my O, despite staying ranked 32nd overall, are moving the ball better and I'm generally getting more familiar with the playbook, I feel more wins are on their way. It'll be nice to see if I can win against the really tough teams that I'll hopefully play next season.

You think everything sounds alright there or is there anything I can tweak to help CPU pass game without making it ridiculous?
I told you the new tweaks to the USER pass defense was going to help out your pass defense. Go ahead and raise the CPUs pass blocking to 40 and raise there catching to 70. That's where the CPUs passing is on the red set now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »