Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #4465
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSFarmer
I will give those a shot. I never sprint before I get threw the hole. Maybe I'm just not seeing the holes. Will let you know. Thanks
Yeah start checking the replays. I guarantee you'll see open lanes you could have cut it too but you hit the wrong hole.. Mix it up with some outside running too.. You can't get away from the run either. Sometimes you could be gettting stuffed then the next thing you know you break one.. Plug in those adjustments if you continue to struggle..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #4466
Banned

ross6655's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I don't know what side Freeney is playing on but I guess Mathis is on the side that is getting most of the sacks. That's been an issue with Madden for years with the RE or Rolb getting most of the sacks.. The best thing I can tell you to do is flip Freeney and Mathis around here and there so Freeney can get his sacks. You also need to spread your LBs out wide in every passing situation to get them off the edge. Mix in some 5 or 6 man blitzes to generate so quick pressure. You can't sit back and call 3 or 4 man rushes all game. You have to mix it up..
Glad it's not just me.. I've never been able to do **** with Freeney on the left side for any of the Maddens. Thought I just wasn't doing the spin move right or something haha.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #4467
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross6655
Glad it's not just me.. I've never been able to do **** with Freeney on the left side for any of the Maddens. Thought I just wasn't doing the spin move right or something haha.
Yeah rotate him and Mathis on that side and make sure you spread them out wide in every passing situation so they can get off the edge..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #4468
Pro

OVR: 9

Alright i wanna know how you feel about the almost IMPOSSIBLE PASS. The impossible pass with your sliders is the pass when the defense is in Cover 2 , the DB is in press coverage against the WR at the hike of the ball the CB stops the WR for maybe a second and then the WR who is running either a streak route or a fade torwards the sideline is wide open for the next 15yds due to the fact that the safety is 10- 15yds in front of him. So this pass should be easy if you just throw the ball torwards the sidelines for the reciever to catch it. or throw it a little bit behind him as long as the DB is not in that zone anymore. But with User Accuracy at 5 everytime i try to make that throw unless their is like 20yds of seperation and no matter how far i push the left analog stick to the right when I try to make this throw the ball always goes straight in front of the reciever to the right side of him and gives the safety enough time to get there and make the easy INT ( i usually throw it as a bullet pass because i figure if i lob it to much the safety will have enough time to get there and disrupt the pass.)

So im just wondering is there anyway to complete this pass that before using ur sliders use to be a easy cheese play but now is almost impossible. not saying i want it to be a super easy completion but i feel like i should at least be able to make it 1 out of 10 times. Especially when the seperation between the WR and Safety is like 10 to 15 yards.

As always your sliders are the best no doubt

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #4469
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
Alright i wanna know how you feel about the almost IMPOSSIBLE PASS. The impossible pass with your sliders is the pass when the defense is in Cover 2 , the DB is in press coverage against the WR at the hike of the ball the CB stops the WR for maybe a second and then the WR who is running either a streak route or a fade torwards the sideline is wide open for the next 15yds due to the fact that the safety is 10- 15yds in front of him. So this pass should be easy if you just throw the ball torwards the sidelines for the reciever to catch it. or throw it a little bit behind him as long as the DB is not in that zone anymore. But with User Accuracy at 5 everytime i try to make that throw unless their is like 20yds of seperation and no matter how far i push the left analog stick to the right when I try to make this throw the ball always goes straight in front of the reciever to the right side of him and gives the safety enough time to get there and make the easy INT ( i usually throw it as a bullet pass because i figure if i lob it to much the safety will have enough time to get there and disrupt the pass.)

So im just wondering is there anyway to complete this pass that before using ur sliders use to be a easy cheese play but now is almost impossible. not saying i want it to be a super easy completion but i feel like i should at least be able to make it 1 out of 10 times. Especially when the seperation between the WR and Safety is like 10 to 15 yards.

As always your sliders are the best no doubt
I'm not having that issue.. I'm still able to drop that pass in between the CB and Safety a a decent rate with the USER accuracy at 2.. You are definitely messing up with the left stick when trying to place that pass. You have to be sharp with the left stick in order to fit that in.. I wanted that pass to be hard place because like you said that pass was too easy to make with the USER accuracy high and the CPUs INTs low.. You have to earn everything on the black set and you have to be superb with the left stick. I got my playoff highlights coming soon and you'll see me dropping that pass in with the USER accuracy at 2.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #4470
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Go ahead and lower the CPUs pass rushing down to 50 or 45. That should help give you more time to operate in the pocket. You should probably lower the CPUs INTs to 50 or 45 too. You are throwing way too many and it needs to tone down. Once you get better in the pocket with your timing and everything you can adjust the sliders back up but you definitely need to make these adjustments. I'm really not comfortable telling you to raise the USER catching up because I know it will get better when you start bringing in the talent but if you wanna raise the catching up a point or two go ahead.
OK I have just lowered CPU INTs from 55 to 50 although starting my second season I would say my passing INTs have mainly been my fault, forcing it too much etc. The acquisition of a possession WR at the top of round 1 has really helped my pass game, he's huge (6,5 240 something with 98 jump and 80s catch for everything) and is really reliable catching the ball. He has 1 drop in 4 games but that was in triple coverage.... Meanwhile, I am still fumbling ALL the time. I got a beast 99 strength RT who is a great mauler, so I can get a couple more yards a game but it seems that even when I am holding R1 I will fumble it and scare myself off running it, or the score will dictate my play calls. Also, come the 4th quarter, a run is often a wasted play. Draws to mix up the hurry up are a wasted play for example, I've not gained more than 2 yards because CPU responds so well, even tho I'd passed the last 6 or 8 snaps.

9 TDs to 9 INTs no rushing TDs in 4 games. 3 INTs have come from hail marys at the end of games though.

I played the 49ers and drove down the field to get a 4 point lead with 1:25 remaining, only for Kaepernick to throw a 55 yard TD strike over my DBs head to win the game. ( on following hail mary I had Givens tackled at the one lol)

My observation is though, that whenever I take the lead in games, such as in that 49er game I took the lead early in the 2nd quarter 7-3 only for SJax to fumble the ball when holding R1 on a hit by Dashon Goldson, then after they score a TD, for my rookie kick returner to fumble it and they score again and then for Bradford to fumble it on a QB sneak (4th and inches) after one first down the drive after. It seems that if I am being efficient and mixing my run and pass I will fumble the game away. Sjax was averaging 6.0 ypc on 10 carries until the deficit and time constraints became too much for me to stick with the run. Its almost impossible to stick to the run because I find that I will just be fumbling. I don't even try and do moves any more apart from to cut into new spaces or truck CBs. When I go in the hole I cover up with R1 yet SJax has 2 fumbles on the season after week 4, both when i was ahead and had a chance to add to the lead. His carry is 97 and his strength is in the 80s. There is no way he should be fumbling that much.

In addition to this, my issues stopping the run remain. vs the Eagles I got ripped a new one by LeSean McCoy. He broke, according to Madden, 1 single tackle en route to the rushing record, getting 305, 2TDs on 22 carries, yet I counted at least 10 or 15 broken tackles and on one run (one of his 4 20+ yard runs) he broke 4 tackles. I don't even hitstick and just run into the guy to bring him down as square is useless too. The guy just gets hit and continues running with no slowing him down, while Sjax, although a lot less elusive and fast, will stumble at the mere touch of another player. McCoy was literally following blocks right into my contain then turning on a ridiculous pivot and cutting back and going upfield. I'd be annoyed at giving up the 6 or 8 yards on the cut back if he wouldn't then break 2 tackles to make it 15 or more.

I don't want to make it so that the threat of the run isn't there any more, but the CPU is being just ridiculous with its run game. I also can't seem to find a way to stop a draw play, which for the CPU is a guaranteed 8+ yards every time. I can see it coming on 3rd and 5 and send a blitz to stop it but its no use either.
I play zone all day to counter the run game of the Ravens and knock Ray Rice out of the game twice, only for Tyrod Taylor to break tackles in the backfield and run like McCoy did, or make perfect throws into coverage and end the game 11 for 11, 154 yards, 3 TDs and a long of 47 to go with his 4 carries for 45 yards and long of 42 yards, 1 broken tackle (he kneeled twice).
I sell out to stop the run and get burned by bum QBs on 3rd down either throwing or running.

I find it almost impossible to win, always bringing it back in the 4th to within a touchdown and 3 or 4 mins to go, only for my defense to destroy itself on the crucial 3rd down for a 40+ yard TD run after being hit twice in the backfield or QB option play for a TD (Mike Vick smh) or just a simple curl route taking advantage of my cover 3 or a drag that gets auto 4 yards YAC before my LB can make the first hit (and him only going down on the 2nd hit).

It feels like I am still playing the CPU on All Madden with no sliders but my offensive experience, besides fumbles, is realistic and fun. It is frustrating though that I can have 80+ catch guys dropping a 4th and goal TD pass with a LB making up 9 yards in man coverage to condemn me to having to try and stop LeSean McCoy and see him rumble for 96 yards on a ridiculous run.
Drops are common in the NFL but I find it a bit suspicious that mine only happen on 3rd down lol

It just seems the CPU is scripting things again, that I am forced to endure 3 QTRs of no offensive production, or crucial turnovers minimising points then being able to explode late in the 3rd, and throughout the 4th only to have my back finally broken by an amazing offensive play by the CPU, be it a 55+yard TD bomb to Mario Manningham, 96 yard TD run by Lesean McCoy, 45 yard TD run by Vick or a 40+ yard run by Tyrod Taylor.

My games follow the same old script and its bittersweet enjoyment. I relish the challenge but hate how I have no control over the things that cost me the game. I can't make guys with 80 to 90 tackle tackle any better, nor can i make DEs not follow the RB on a read option play or my 97 carry 80+ strength HB not fumble in the redzone.

All I'd like to see is that the crazy CPU break tackles and having to face 35 run plays a game go away and that my guys not fumble so much. I can live with the INTs but am trying out 50 CPU INT to see what that does anyway, and the drops, while infuriating, are more infuriating in real life so I can survive having to endure them until I get a WR corps that are all as beastly as my rookie WR.

To put things into perspective:

my total offensive yards through 4 games (all losses) is 1244; 1065 passing, 179 rushing (138 pass attempts, 68 rush attempts)
my total defensive yards allowed are 1423; 621 passing yards and 802 rushing.

I was going to compare this to the statistical leaders but there are too many teams who have had their byes to make it a worthwhile comparison.
As you can see though, I've had little to no success running the ball, and when I have, a fumble or being tackled an inch from a 1st down has lead to me being on defense again and unable to stop the opponents from scoring, especially on the ground.
My MLB James Laurinaitis who has 89 tackle and 86 hit power, cannot bring his man down unless it is 1st or 2nd down, likewise with my ROLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar who has 90 tackle and 84 HPW. They have combined for 48 tackles and 20 TFLs so far.

Is there any way to make the CPU still cut back in those crazy ways but just be unable to break so many tackles? The ball carrier vision and run blocking is what makes it difficult and a challenge, its the ridiculous amount of broken tackles at clutch moments CONSISTENTLY that is making me feel like I'm being robbed. The clutch trait was only on for the bomb to Manningham, so I can kinda forgive that play although it is surprising that the CPU knew to call a streak to the same side as my blitzing safety... haha
Likewise, I like how I have to be so patient with the run game and every 10 yard scamper I manage fills me with such a peculiar joy its odd, but its fumbles whenever I'm in the lead or just always being 1 yard short of the first down no matter how small the DB or LB is compared to my HB that can frustrate.

I think I am being unreasonable expecting you to have an answer, I think its apparent that Madden just isn't a good enough game to operate in a feasible reality without some major BS going down but you've done such an amazing job with feedback and creating the sliders I thought I'd let myself vent 4 games worth of ridiculousness out and hope you find stuff within it that you know you can address.

Scores from my games:
22-15 L vs Cardinals (3 INTs)
34-31 L vs 49ers (1 INT, 4 fumbles- says I only lost 2... definitely lost 3, as one was a fumble on a 4th down QB sneak - dropped the ball sliding down)
35-13 L @ Eagles (2 INTs)
35-21 L vs Ravens (3 INTs, 1 fumble)

I clearly need to inject some life into my run game, however it is the CPUs 'run game' that really drains the time late in the game, stopping me from keeping it balanced, hence the discrepancy.

If anyone can tell me how to post the box scores in so I can avoid all this longform writing making these posts RIDICULOUSLY long, please help me out! I have absolutely no idea how its done...
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #4471
Pro

OVR: 9

I was having the fumble promblem but found out you have to hold R1 right before the defender is about to tackle u. gives u a better chance of not fumbling the ball.

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #4472
Just started!

OVR: 0

Jarrodd,

I was noticing that if I sim my games, my offense is always number 1 in the league and my defense is #32. I've tried this with several different team using the green sliders. Have you or anyone else noticed this?

BSFarmer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »