Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #4473
Pro
 
rattlesnake31368's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
OK I have just lowered CPU INTs from 55 to 50 although starting my second season I would say my passing INTs have mainly been my fault, forcing it too much etc. The acquisition of a possession WR at the top of round 1 has really helped my pass game, he's huge (6,5 240 something with 98 jump and 80s catch for everything) and is really reliable catching the ball. He has 1 drop in 4 games but that was in triple coverage.... Meanwhile, I am still fumbling ALL the time. I got a beast 99 strength RT who is a great mauler, so I can get a couple more yards a game but it seems that even when I am holding R1 I will fumble it and scare myself off running it, or the score will dictate my play calls. Also, come the 4th quarter, a run is often a wasted play. Draws to mix up the hurry up are a wasted play for example, I've not gained more than 2 yards because CPU responds so well, even tho I'd passed the last 6 or 8 snaps.

9 TDs to 9 INTs no rushing TDs in 4 games. 3 INTs have come from hail marys at the end of games though.

I played the 49ers and drove down the field to get a 4 point lead with 1:25 remaining, only for Kaepernick to throw a 55 yard TD strike over my DBs head to win the game. ( on following hail mary I had Givens tackled at the one lol)

My observation is though, that whenever I take the lead in games, such as in that 49er game I took the lead early in the 2nd quarter 7-3 only for SJax to fumble the ball when holding R1 on a hit by Dashon Goldson, then after they score a TD, for my rookie kick returner to fumble it and they score again and then for Bradford to fumble it on a QB sneak (4th and inches) after one first down the drive after. It seems that if I am being efficient and mixing my run and pass I will fumble the game away. Sjax was averaging 6.0 ypc on 10 carries until the deficit and time constraints became too much for me to stick with the run. Its almost impossible to stick to the run because I find that I will just be fumbling. I don't even try and do moves any more apart from to cut into new spaces or truck CBs. When I go in the hole I cover up with R1 yet SJax has 2 fumbles on the season after week 4, both when i was ahead and had a chance to add to the lead. His carry is 97 and his strength is in the 80s. There is no way he should be fumbling that much.

In addition to this, my issues stopping the run remain. vs the Eagles I got ripped a new one by LeSean McCoy. He broke, according to Madden, 1 single tackle en route to the rushing record, getting 305, 2TDs on 22 carries, yet I counted at least 10 or 15 broken tackles and on one run (one of his 4 20+ yard runs) he broke 4 tackles. I don't even hitstick and just run into the guy to bring him down as square is useless too. The guy just gets hit and continues running with no slowing him down, while Sjax, although a lot less elusive and fast, will stumble at the mere touch of another player. McCoy was literally following blocks right into my contain then turning on a ridiculous pivot and cutting back and going upfield. I'd be annoyed at giving up the 6 or 8 yards on the cut back if he wouldn't then break 2 tackles to make it 15 or more.

I don't want to make it so that the threat of the run isn't there any more, but the CPU is being just ridiculous with its run game. I also can't seem to find a way to stop a draw play, which for the CPU is a guaranteed 8+ yards every time. I can see it coming on 3rd and 5 and send a blitz to stop it but its no use either.
I play zone all day to counter the run game of the Ravens and knock Ray Rice out of the game twice, only for Tyrod Taylor to break tackles in the backfield and run like McCoy did, or make perfect throws into coverage and end the game 11 for 11, 154 yards, 3 TDs and a long of 47 to go with his 4 carries for 45 yards and long of 42 yards, 1 broken tackle (he kneeled twice).
I sell out to stop the run and get burned by bum QBs on 3rd down either throwing or running.

I find it almost impossible to win, always bringing it back in the 4th to within a touchdown and 3 or 4 mins to go, only for my defense to destroy itself on the crucial 3rd down for a 40+ yard TD run after being hit twice in the backfield or QB option play for a TD (Mike Vick smh) or just a simple curl route taking advantage of my cover 3 or a drag that gets auto 4 yards YAC before my LB can make the first hit (and him only going down on the 2nd hit).

It feels like I am still playing the CPU on All Madden with no sliders but my offensive experience, besides fumbles, is realistic and fun. It is frustrating though that I can have 80+ catch guys dropping a 4th and goal TD pass with a LB making up 9 yards in man coverage to condemn me to having to try and stop LeSean McCoy and see him rumble for 96 yards on a ridiculous run.
Drops are common in the NFL but I find it a bit suspicious that mine only happen on 3rd down lol

It just seems the CPU is scripting things again, that I am forced to endure 3 QTRs of no offensive production, or crucial turnovers minimising points then being able to explode late in the 3rd, and throughout the 4th only to have my back finally broken by an amazing offensive play by the CPU, be it a 55+yard TD bomb to Mario Manningham, 96 yard TD run by Lesean McCoy, 45 yard TD run by Vick or a 40+ yard run by Tyrod Taylor.

My games follow the same old script and its bittersweet enjoyment. I relish the challenge but hate how I have no control over the things that cost me the game. I can't make guys with 80 to 90 tackle tackle any better, nor can i make DEs not follow the RB on a read option play or my 97 carry 80+ strength HB not fumble in the redzone.

All I'd like to see is that the crazy CPU break tackles and having to face 35 run plays a game go away and that my guys not fumble so much. I can live with the INTs but am trying out 50 CPU INT to see what that does anyway, and the drops, while infuriating, are more infuriating in real life so I can survive having to endure them until I get a WR corps that are all as beastly as my rookie WR.

To put things into perspective:

my total offensive yards through 4 games (all losses) is 1244; 1065 passing, 179 rushing (138 pass attempts, 68 rush attempts)
my total defensive yards allowed are 1423; 621 passing yards and 802 rushing.

I was going to compare this to the statistical leaders but there are too many teams who have had their byes to make it a worthwhile comparison.
As you can see though, I've had little to no success running the ball, and when I have, a fumble or being tackled an inch from a 1st down has lead to me being on defense again and unable to stop the opponents from scoring, especially on the ground.
My MLB James Laurinaitis who has 89 tackle and 86 hit power, cannot bring his man down unless it is 1st or 2nd down, likewise with my ROLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar who has 90 tackle and 84 HPW. They have combined for 48 tackles and 20 TFLs so far.

Is there any way to make the CPU still cut back in those crazy ways but just be unable to break so many tackles? The ball carrier vision and run blocking is what makes it difficult and a challenge, its the ridiculous amount of broken tackles at clutch moments CONSISTENTLY that is making me feel like I'm being robbed. The clutch trait was only on for the bomb to Manningham, so I can kinda forgive that play although it is surprising that the CPU knew to call a streak to the same side as my blitzing safety... haha
Likewise, I like how I have to be so patient with the run game and every 10 yard scamper I manage fills me with such a peculiar joy its odd, but its fumbles whenever I'm in the lead or just always being 1 yard short of the first down no matter how small the DB or LB is compared to my HB that can frustrate.

I think I am being unreasonable expecting you to have an answer, I think its apparent that Madden just isn't a good enough game to operate in a feasible reality without some major BS going down but you've done such an amazing job with feedback and creating the sliders I thought I'd let myself vent 4 games worth of ridiculousness out and hope you find stuff within it that you know you can address.

Scores from my games:
22-15 L vs Cardinals (3 INTs)
34-31 L vs 49ers (1 INT, 4 fumbles- says I only lost 2... definitely lost 3, as one was a fumble on a 4th down QB sneak - dropped the ball sliding down)
35-13 L @ Eagles (2 INTs)
35-21 L vs Ravens (3 INTs, 1 fumble)

I clearly need to inject some life into my run game, however it is the CPUs 'run game' that really drains the time late in the game, stopping me from keeping it balanced, hence the discrepancy.

If anyone can tell me how to post the box scores in so I can avoid all this longform writing making these posts RIDICULOUSLY long, please help me out! I have absolutely no idea how its done...
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php that is the link to the box scores
If he doesnt already know i suggest you post the slider set you are playing with so he can give you the changes needed
I have learned the draw does not work for me either i just stopped calling it but my rushing offense is still fine 2 years almost broke the rushing record with demarco murray and im having your fukble problems but i usually forget to hold the cover ball button so thats mainly on me but i bought demarco murray the cover vs all trait and his fumbling has dropped so if you have enough exp that might be a good thing to purchase for him.
Playing as the Cowboys i always play McCoy and he always shreds me i just try to contain his big runs and make the plays i have to make the plays but he does break a ridiculous amount of tackles. Mike Vick and RG3 always run on me thats gunna happen when they have open space in front of them one time in my last franchise that i had to restart RG3 broke a 60 yard td run and knocked me out of the playoffs eversince then i try to keep a spy on him as much as i can without hurting my coverage and against the draw pinch your line and try to make the play with your user linebacker thats the only way i can stop it but its not always gunna work but nothing works every time in the NFL either. You should user your linebacker and try to use the x button or square on ps3 i believe i dont have madden for ps3 so not sure but this works for me and when i know i wont reach the rb with my linebacker i sometimes am able to diver and trip them up beofore they break a big play also use the strafe button dont forget that its off because that is a big help in allowing you to stay in position when stopping the run or playing the pass. When you run the ball look for cut back lanes and if you make the right choice you can get a big play or just those runs that get you the first down you need. Trucking is 50/50 with me as soemtimes i run the guy over and the rest of the time i fumble or get killed. And on 3rd down when your guys drop the ball if your forcing passes and allowing him to get killed he will drop the ball. I hope this helps and hopefully jarodd can give you more advice.
__________________
Best Sliders For Ncaa 13 IMOhttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Last edited by rattlesnake31368; 02-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
rattlesnake31368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #4474
Pro
 
rattlesnake31368's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSFarmer
Jarrodd,

I was noticing that if I sim my games, my offense is always number 1 in the league and my defense is #32. I've tried this with several different team using the green sliders. Have you or anyone else noticed this?

BSFarmer
I would suggest increasing the minutes because your probably on offense and defense for too many plays the leagus average is 120 in total i believe so count the plays at the end of the game (pass att, rush att, sacks) so if your at 160 the its obviously going to be like that because that is 40 more then the league average
__________________
Best Sliders For Ncaa 13 IMOhttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
rattlesnake31368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #4475
MVP
 
infemous's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake31368
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php that is the link to the box scores
If he doesnt already know i suggest you post the slider set you are playing with so he can give you the changes needed
I have learned the draw does not work for me either i just stopped calling it but my rushing offense is still fine 2 years almost broke the rushing record with demarco murray and im having your fukble problems but i usually forget to hold the cover ball button so thats mainly on me but i bought demarco murray the cover vs all trait and his fumbling has dropped so if you have enough exp that might be a good thing to purchase for him.
Playing as the Cowboys i always play McCoy and he always shreds me i just try to contain his big runs and make the plays i have to make the plays but he does break a ridiculous amount of tackles. Mike Vick and RG3 always run on me thats gunna happen when they have open space in front of them one time in my last franchise that i had to restart RG3 broke a 60 yard td run and knocked me out of the playoffs eversince then i try to keep a spy on him as much as i can without hurting my coverage and against the draw pinch your line and try to make the play with your user linebacker thats the only way i can stop it but its not always gunna work but nothing works every time in the NFL either. You should user your linebacker and try to use the x button or square on ps3 i believe i dont have madden for ps3 so not sure but this works for me and when i know i wont reach the rb with my linebacker i sometimes am able to diver and trip them up beofore they break a big play also use the strafe button dont forget that its off because that is a big help in allowing you to stay in position when stopping the run or playing the pass. When you run the ball look for cut back lanes and if you make the right choice you can get a big play or just those runs that get you the first down you need. Trucking is 50/50 with me as soemtimes i run the guy over and the rest of the time i fumble or get killed. And on 3rd down when your guys drop the ball if your forcing passes and allowing him to get killed he will drop the ball. I hope this helps and hopefully jarodd can give you more advice.

Thanks for the box scores! That looks like quite a bit of work but its easier than writing all the stuff I have been writing! Is there any way to sync it with maddendaddy or pull the stats straight of the PS3?

I'll buy the trait for my next franchise RB as I don't think I'm gonna re-sign SJax this offseason. After a terrible year 1 he regressed to low 80s for acceleration and speed and what makes him great in real life (reliability, power, deceptive speed) is now completely gone.

The tip vs the draw is great, thanks. I always find vs users I can stop draws by crashing the line to the middle or calling a wide 9 zone play but it doesn't work on this so I will try that out.

Yeah I always user LB and thats why I think the rushing total hasn't hit 2k already lol I am making a lot of plays in the backfield, but they break the tackles and still get gains of 6 to 8 yards after contact consistently.

Yeah I think maybe my issue with running the ball, which I don't mind, is that SJax has definitely lost more than a step and can't hit those holes quick enough.

The drops on 3rd down are stupid ones like dump offs to the flat or quick outs to TEs as I usually face too much pressure to get it downfield. Thats why 3rd down passing is so annoying because if I don't convert it is usually on a sack, a drop or a run stopped just inches or a yard from the 1st down marker lol

I posted my sliders wayyy before, but if Jarrodd needs em I will re-post.

Thanks for all the info I'll definitely incorporate it and see how it goes.
infemous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #4476
Pro
 
rattlesnake31368's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys
Feb 6, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Carolina Panthers ()14331535
Dallas Cowboys ()71471442
Team Stats Comparison
CARDAL
Total Offense430387
Rushing Yards151186
Passing Yards279201
First Downs1913
Punt Return Yards624
Kick Return Yards15257
Total Yards451668
Turnovers10
3rd Down Converstion2-88-15
4th Down Conversion0-13-3
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/14/0
Penalties1-133-39
Posession Time30:0325:57
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C.Newton20/2532731
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Deangelo Williams111029.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Damien Williams67412.31
G.Olsen46917.20
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C.Gamble70.000
H.Nakamura60.000
L.Keuchly60.000
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T.Romo18/2720830
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D.Murray271756.42
T.Gerhart561.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D.Bryant67712.81
J.Witten48120.20
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
A.Spencer85.000
K.Phillips70.000
G.Sensabaugh60.000
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Q.Edwards625742.81
__________________
Best Sliders For Ncaa 13 IMOhttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
rattlesnake31368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #4477
Pro
 
rattlesnake31368's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Thanks for the box scores! That looks like quite a bit of work but its easier than writing all the stuff I have been writing! Is there any way to sync it with maddendaddy or pull the stats straight of the PS3?

I'll buy the trait for my next franchise RB as I don't think I'm gonna re-sign SJax this offseason. After a terrible year 1 he regressed to low 80s for acceleration and speed and what makes him great in real life (reliability, power, deceptive speed) is now completely gone.

The tip vs the draw is great, thanks. I always find vs users I can stop draws by crashing the line to the middle or calling a wide 9 zone play but it doesn't work on this so I will try that out.

Yeah I always user LB and thats why I think the rushing total hasn't hit 2k already lol I am making a lot of plays in the backfield, but they break the tackles and still get gains of 6 to 8 yards after contact consistently.

Yeah I think maybe my issue with running the ball, which I don't mind, is that SJax has definitely lost more than a step and can't hit those holes quick enough.

The drops on 3rd down are stupid ones like dump offs to the flat or quick outs to TEs as I usually face too much pressure to get it downfield. Thats why 3rd down passing is so annoying because if I don't convert it is usually on a sack, a drop or a run stopped just inches or a yard from the 1st down marker lol

I posted my sliders wayyy before, but if Jarrodd needs em I will re-post.

Thanks for all the info I'll definitely incorporate it and see how it goes.
Im not sure maybe doent hurt to try right. You could still buy it for him now because even if you dont resign him all those extra points dont leave him the next team that gets him will have him but its up to you. Yeah i have no problem stopping the draw but when i play with sliders it was completely diffferent they got at least 10 yards every time till i started doing that. And i guess you might have to make some adjustments to your sliders or maybe he can give you more advice then i can. Damn that sucks i have witten so he catches it when i dump it off to him lol and no problem.
__________________
Best Sliders For Ncaa 13 IMOhttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
rattlesnake31368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #4478
Pro
 
rattlesnake31368's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake31368
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys
Feb 6, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Carolina Panthers ()14331535
Dallas Cowboys ()71471442
Team Stats Comparison
CARDAL
Total Offense430387
Rushing Yards151186
Passing Yards279201
First Downs1913
Punt Return Yards624
Kick Return Yards15257
Total Yards451668
Turnovers10
3rd Down Converstion2-88-15
4th Down Conversion0-13-3
2-Point Conversion1-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/14/0
Penalties1-133-39
Posession Time30:0325:57
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C.Newton20/2532731
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Deangelo Williams111029.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Damien Williams67412.31
G.Olsen46917.20
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C.Gamble70.000
H.Nakamura60.000
L.Keuchly60.000
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T.Romo18/2720830
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D.Murray271756.42
T.Gerhart561.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D.Bryant67712.81
J.Witten48120.20
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
A.Spencer85.000
K.Phillips70.000
G.Sensabaugh60.000
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Q.Edwards625742.81
Demarcus Ware broke the sack record this game with 2 sacks and 3 tackles forgot to put him in the box scores
__________________
Best Sliders For Ncaa 13 IMOhttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
rattlesnake31368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #4479
MVP
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Played the Steelers, got blown out garbage time TDS make the score look better. After my last TD i recovered my 2nd onside kick in a row with 24 seconds and 0 tos left, but threw a pick. Offense slumped early on as picks and sacks killed my drives for 3 quarters. Nicks and Jernigan both fumbled after catches which killed me when I still was in the game in the 2nd and the 3rd. We couldn't stop the run this game and timely passes kept their drives alive. Mendenhall got hurt early and their backup got a TD pass since Ben got hurt and left for a few plays. Record is now 2-3, play the 3-2 Saints on the road next week.

Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)71014334
New York Giants (2-2)3332029
Team Stats Comparison
PITNYG
Total Offense343453
Rushing Yards25094
Passing Yards93359
First Downs1618
Punt Return Yards068
Kick Return Yards2690
Total Yards369611
Turnovers05
3rd Down Converstion3-11(27%)5-15(33%)
4th Down Conversion0-01-3
2-Point Conversion0-00-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4/11/1
Penalties2-141-10
Posession Time30:1929:41
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGPITNYG
5:57(PIT) Mendenhall 15 yard run(Gano kick)70
2:29(NYG) Blair Walsh 32 yard FG73
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGPITNYG
14:18(NYG) Blair Walsh 54 yard FG76
9:48(PIT) Heath Miller 6 yard pass from J. Palmer(Gano kick)146
0:05(PIT) G. Gano 47 yard FG176
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGPITNYG
7:14(NYG) Blair Walsh 51 yard FG179
2:10(PIT) B. Batch 2 yard run(Gano kick)249
1:56(PIT) Batch 1 yard run(Gano kick)319
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGPITNYG
12:09(PIT) G. Gano 29 yard FG349
3:50(NYG) A. Robinson 4 yard pass from Eli Manning(walsh kick)3416
0:52(NYG) Nick Cobbs 56 yard pass from Eli Manning(walsh kick)3423
0:28(NYG) Nick Cobbs 24 yard pass from Eli Manning(2 PC no good)3429
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Ben Roethlisberger7/1610900
Jose Palmer(R QB)1/1610
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Aaron Lewis(R RB)231165.00
Baron Batch9576.32
Rashard Mendenhall78311.81
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Heath Miller33010.01
Ted Ginn23417..00
Emmanuel Sanders24221.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Lawrence Timmons8(2 for loss, 2 FR)100
LaMarr Woodley7(3 for loss)100
Anthony Verbal(R CB)6010
Jose Lefeged5(1 for loss)120
James Harrison4(2 for loss)100
Lofa Tatupu4(1 for loss)100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Graham Gano2/24/41048
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Sav Rocca728440.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Ted ginn126260
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Eli Manning33/5341433
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
David Wilson15946.20
Toby Gerhart2000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Nick Cobbs(R WR coming back from injury, 4th WR till Randle got hurt)712618.02
Adrien Robinson7405.71
jermichael Colvin(late round pick year before last)57715.40
Victor Cruz44411.00
Hakeem Nicks4(1 fumble)8220.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Kenny Phillips7(1 for loss)000
Justin Tuck5(5 for loss)200
Takoby Brown5(4 for loss)000
JPP5(1 for loss)100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Blair Walsh3/32/21155
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Steve Weatherford158580
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Jerrel Jernigan39030.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Jerrel jernigan66811.30
ewing6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #4480
Hall Of Fame
 
Jarodd21's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 10,562
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
OK I have just lowered CPU INTs from 55 to 50 although starting my second season I would say my passing INTs have mainly been my fault, forcing it too much etc. The acquisition of a possession WR at the top of round 1 has really helped my pass game, he's huge (6,5 240 something with 98 jump and 80s catch for everything) and is really reliable catching the ball. He has 1 drop in 4 games but that was in triple coverage.... Meanwhile, I am still fumbling ALL the time. I got a beast 99 strength RT who is a great mauler, so I can get a couple more yards a game but it seems that even when I am holding R1 I will fumble it and scare myself off running it, or the score will dictate my play calls. Also, come the 4th quarter, a run is often a wasted play. Draws to mix up the hurry up are a wasted play for example, I've not gained more than 2 yards because CPU responds so well, even tho I'd passed the last 6 or 8 snaps.

9 TDs to 9 INTs no rushing TDs in 4 games. 3 INTs have come from hail marys at the end of games though.

I played the 49ers and drove down the field to get a 4 point lead with 1:25 remaining, only for Kaepernick to throw a 55 yard TD strike over my DBs head to win the game. ( on following hail mary I had Givens tackled at the one lol)

My observation is though, that whenever I take the lead in games, such as in that 49er game I took the lead early in the 2nd quarter 7-3 only for SJax to fumble the ball when holding R1 on a hit by Dashon Goldson, then after they score a TD, for my rookie kick returner to fumble it and they score again and then for Bradford to fumble it on a QB sneak (4th and inches) after one first down the drive after. It seems that if I am being efficient and mixing my run and pass I will fumble the game away. Sjax was averaging 6.0 ypc on 10 carries until the deficit and time constraints became too much for me to stick with the run. Its almost impossible to stick to the run because I find that I will just be fumbling. I don't even try and do moves any more apart from to cut into new spaces or truck CBs. When I go in the hole I cover up with R1 yet SJax has 2 fumbles on the season after week 4, both when i was ahead and had a chance to add to the lead. His carry is 97 and his strength is in the 80s. There is no way he should be fumbling that much.

In addition to this, my issues stopping the run remain. vs the Eagles I got ripped a new one by LeSean McCoy. He broke, according to Madden, 1 single tackle en route to the rushing record, getting 305, 2TDs on 22 carries, yet I counted at least 10 or 15 broken tackles and on one run (one of his 4 20+ yard runs) he broke 4 tackles. I don't even hitstick and just run into the guy to bring him down as square is useless too. The guy just gets hit and continues running with no slowing him down, while Sjax, although a lot less elusive and fast, will stumble at the mere touch of another player. McCoy was literally following blocks right into my contain then turning on a ridiculous pivot and cutting back and going upfield. I'd be annoyed at giving up the 6 or 8 yards on the cut back if he wouldn't then break 2 tackles to make it 15 or more.

I don't want to make it so that the threat of the run isn't there any more, but the CPU is being just ridiculous with its run game. I also can't seem to find a way to stop a draw play, which for the CPU is a guaranteed 8+ yards every time. I can see it coming on 3rd and 5 and send a blitz to stop it but its no use either.
I play zone all day to counter the run game of the Ravens and knock Ray Rice out of the game twice, only for Tyrod Taylor to break tackles in the backfield and run like McCoy did, or make perfect throws into coverage and end the game 11 for 11, 154 yards, 3 TDs and a long of 47 to go with his 4 carries for 45 yards and long of 42 yards, 1 broken tackle (he kneeled twice).
I sell out to stop the run and get burned by bum QBs on 3rd down either throwing or running.

I find it almost impossible to win, always bringing it back in the 4th to within a touchdown and 3 or 4 mins to go, only for my defense to destroy itself on the crucial 3rd down for a 40+ yard TD run after being hit twice in the backfield or QB option play for a TD (Mike Vick smh) or just a simple curl route taking advantage of my cover 3 or a drag that gets auto 4 yards YAC before my LB can make the first hit (and him only going down on the 2nd hit).

It feels like I am still playing the CPU on All Madden with no sliders but my offensive experience, besides fumbles, is realistic and fun. It is frustrating though that I can have 80+ catch guys dropping a 4th and goal TD pass with a LB making up 9 yards in man coverage to condemn me to having to try and stop LeSean McCoy and see him rumble for 96 yards on a ridiculous run.
Drops are common in the NFL but I find it a bit suspicious that mine only happen on 3rd down lol

It just seems the CPU is scripting things again, that I am forced to endure 3 QTRs of no offensive production, or crucial turnovers minimising points then being able to explode late in the 3rd, and throughout the 4th only to have my back finally broken by an amazing offensive play by the CPU, be it a 55+yard TD bomb to Mario Manningham, 96 yard TD run by Lesean McCoy, 45 yard TD run by Vick or a 40+ yard run by Tyrod Taylor.

My games follow the same old script and its bittersweet enjoyment. I relish the challenge but hate how I have no control over the things that cost me the game. I can't make guys with 80 to 90 tackle tackle any better, nor can i make DEs not follow the RB on a read option play or my 97 carry 80+ strength HB not fumble in the redzone.

All I'd like to see is that the crazy CPU break tackles and having to face 35 run plays a game go away and that my guys not fumble so much. I can live with the INTs but am trying out 50 CPU INT to see what that does anyway, and the drops, while infuriating, are more infuriating in real life so I can survive having to endure them until I get a WR corps that are all as beastly as my rookie WR.

To put things into perspective:

my total offensive yards through 4 games (all losses) is 1244; 1065 passing, 179 rushing (138 pass attempts, 68 rush attempts)
my total defensive yards allowed are 1423; 621 passing yards and 802 rushing.

I was going to compare this to the statistical leaders but there are too many teams who have had their byes to make it a worthwhile comparison.
As you can see though, I've had little to no success running the ball, and when I have, a fumble or being tackled an inch from a 1st down has lead to me being on defense again and unable to stop the opponents from scoring, especially on the ground.
My MLB James Laurinaitis who has 89 tackle and 86 hit power, cannot bring his man down unless it is 1st or 2nd down, likewise with my ROLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar who has 90 tackle and 84 HPW. They have combined for 48 tackles and 20 TFLs so far.

Is there any way to make the CPU still cut back in those crazy ways but just be unable to break so many tackles? The ball carrier vision and run blocking is what makes it difficult and a challenge, its the ridiculous amount of broken tackles at clutch moments CONSISTENTLY that is making me feel like I'm being robbed. The clutch trait was only on for the bomb to Manningham, so I can kinda forgive that play although it is surprising that the CPU knew to call a streak to the same side as my blitzing safety... haha
Likewise, I like how I have to be so patient with the run game and every 10 yard scamper I manage fills me with such a peculiar joy its odd, but its fumbles whenever I'm in the lead or just always being 1 yard short of the first down no matter how small the DB or LB is compared to my HB that can frustrate.

I think I am being unreasonable expecting you to have an answer, I think its apparent that Madden just isn't a good enough game to operate in a feasible reality without some major BS going down but you've done such an amazing job with feedback and creating the sliders I thought I'd let myself vent 4 games worth of ridiculousness out and hope you find stuff within it that you know you can address.

Scores from my games:
22-15 L vs Cardinals (3 INTs)
34-31 L vs 49ers (1 INT, 4 fumbles- says I only lost 2... definitely lost 3, as one was a fumble on a 4th down QB sneak - dropped the ball sliding down)
35-13 L @ Eagles (2 INTs)
35-21 L vs Ravens (3 INTs, 1 fumble)

I clearly need to inject some life into my run game, however it is the CPUs 'run game' that really drains the time late in the game, stopping me from keeping it balanced, hence the discrepancy.

If anyone can tell me how to post the box scores in so I can avoid all this longform writing making these posts RIDICULOUSLY long, please help me out! I have absolutely no idea how its done...
You must be holding the sprint button and R1 at the sametime. When you cover up the ball you have to let everything go and only use the cover up button. You can't get scared and get away from the run because it will ruin your balance and the CPU will catch on to you passing all game.. If you feel like the fumbles is too much lower the USER breaktackles to 35 and raise the USER fumbles to 40..

Go ahead and lower the CPUs runblocking down 5 more points. That should help out your run defense. You have to shift your Dline or LBs to the area you think the run might go. Playing zone will get you ripped apart all game. Start mixing in some regular 2 man coverages and control the safety. Shift your Dline or LBs to the strong side where the TE is lined up.. You have to really pay attention to the formations the CPU comes out in and counter it with smart playcalling and scheme. You can't be caught up using the same old plays over and over. The tackle button is your best friend. You will continue to struggle if you are trying to run into the ball carrier. That hasn't worked since Madden 11.. The square(Tackle) button works. Get yourself use to using it man.

We'll just keep tweaking away until we find a balance that suits your playstyle but you need to follow these tips I'm giving you.. Let me know how it goes..
Jarodd21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Top -