Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #5041
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeWorm
I just meant that was my basic scheme. I rotate between 3-4, Nickel normal, and Dollar most of the time. I think I must not be sending heavy blitzes enough. I usually only blitz one or two players at a time.

What do you mean in your last sentence, matching my players up with theirs? I'm quite good at stopping the run by usering my MLB, it's just passing I need to work on. I win frequently, but it turns into a massive shootout every game with both teams over 40 points every time and it is getting frustrating. I'd rather improve my defensive skills.
maybe you are scoring to fast and your defense is tired. I know if i score to fast or turnover the ball it is harder for me to stop the pass because the defense gets tired and have subs in. I also agree with Jarrod mix up your defenses play bump and run, off, zone and man to man. I usually mix my defenses up with some 4-3 nickle and 3-4 play dime sometimes just depends if they run 4 or 5 wr. I mainly have problems stopping the run but its getting better. try to manage the clock better with mix run and pass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #5042
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Icon2 Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbed
Hey I'm back from the 24 days of field problems. I'll play a game or two here soon.
Okay cool. Let me know how it goes..
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #5043
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I just meant that was my basic scheme. I rotate between 3-4, Nickel normal, and Dollar most of the time. I think I must not be sending heavy blitzes enough. I usually only blitz one or two players at a time.

What do you mean in your last sentence, matching my players up with theirs? I'm quite good at stopping the run by usering my MLB, it's just passing I need to work on. I win frequently, but it turns into a massive shootout every game with both teams over 40 points every time and it is getting frustrating. I'd rather improve my defensive skills.
Oh okay. When you are blitzing those 1-2 players are you blitzing then with a regular 4 man rush? That's what I meant when I said you should mix in some man blitzes by bringing 5-6 guys. The rest of your players should be in man coverage with the offensive players who are running routes.

I was saying you should match up with whatever the CPU is coming out in on offense. If they come out in 1-2 WR sets you should be in your base defense. If they come out in 3WR sets you should be in nickel and if they come out in 4WR sets you should be in dime to match up with them.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #5044
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
Hey Jarrod I have came to find out that USER accuracy definitely needs to be at least 15 or maybe even 10 for you to see realistic play from accurate QBs and inaccurate QBs. With it at 20 or above for the USER it just feels like all the QBs are very accurate. Have you noticed the same thing? Right now I have it on 12 but really thinking about putting it on 10..
I been noticed that. That is why I play with the USER accuracy at 2. I'm real good with the left stick so I have to have the accuracy that low but you definitely separate the good QBs from the bad QBs the lower you go with the USER accuracy. You should definitely drop it to 10 if your accuracy is still too good. That would definitely tone down the high scoring in your league also but you'll also have a few guys complaining about how inaccurate there QBs are. You can't satisfy everyone.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #5045
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Oh okay. When you are blitzing those 1-2 players are you blitzing then with a regular 4 man rush? That's what I meant when I said you should mix in some man blitzes by bringing 5-6 guys. The rest of your players should be in man coverage with the offensive players who are running routes.

I was saying you should match up with whatever the CPU is coming out in on offense. If they come out in 1-2 WR sets you should be in your base defense. If they come out in 3WR sets you should be in nickel and if they come out in 4WR sets you should be in dime to match up with them.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I usually do that. Maybe what that other guy said above about me scoring too quickly and my defense being tired is it. Even when I call what seems to be a realistic play, my secondary just looks like it is lollygaggin' around like it is a practice.

I'll try a wider variety of plays and see if that works. I'll let you know how it goes. Other than this issue, I'm liking the red set - everything else is really smooth.

Does everyone still user FS's like last year? I never did that, I always stick to MLB or SS. Maybe that is my other problem. I usually only get one pick a game with my MLB by snagging crossing routes.

Last edited by RakeWorm; 03-18-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Clarifying sentence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #5046
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I been noticed that. That is why I play with the USER accuracy at 2. I'm real good with the left stick so I have to have the accuracy that low but you definitely separate the good QBs from the bad QBs the lower you go with the USER accuracy. You should definitely drop it to 10 if your accuracy is still too good. That would definitely tone down the high scoring in your league also but you'll also have a few guys complaining about how inaccurate there QBs are. You can't satisfy everyone.
I will leave it at 12 for a few weeks and see how it goes. If I put it at 10 and they complain and say my QB is inaccurate the next question I will ask is who is your QB..If they say Vince Young then that's your problem but if they say a Drew Bree's or Peyton Panning then I might have to put it back at 12-15. I'm also going to keep a eye on the completion percentages but those can be deceiving because it can be a accurate pass but you might just be playing good DBs that get there hand on it..I'm liking most of the stats we are seeing though. Some games get outta hand but that's going to happen from time to time. We also play with it at 11:00 min with the play clock at 14 that obvious keeps stats better because the games aren't so long. We are still getting a good amount of plays.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #5047
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Oh, okay. Yeah, I usually do that. Maybe what that other guy said above about me scoring too quickly and my defense being tired is it. Even when I call what seems to be a realistic play, my secondary just looks like it is lollygaggin' around like it is a practice.

I'll try a wider variety of plays and see if that works. I'll let you know how it goes. Other than this issue, I'm liking the red set - everything else is really smooth.

Does everyone still user FS's like last year? I never did that, I always stick to MLB or SS. Maybe that is my other problem. I usually only get one pick a game with my MLB by snagging crossing routes.
I always use my SS because its easier to stop the run for me. When I use a LB I get mixed up and can't see as good and sometimes get mixed up in bunch formations..
Old 03-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #5048
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
I always use my SS because its easier to stop the run for me. When I use a LB I get mixed up and can't see as good and sometimes get mixed up in bunch formations..
Yeah, the only time I really have issues usering an LB is when the throw a lot of out routes or streaks at me, I can get a bit discombobulated. I'll start usering safeties more, I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »