Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #5273
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Ok, year 3 Raiders at the halfway mark of the season, 7-1. I have 17 picks, 21 sacks. My secondary is pretty good. My offense is good enough for me, don't need it to be top 10, just balanced. My D is dead last, on pace to give up 7000 yards on the season, lol. I play man, so my LBs get burned on occasion, and my DBs also lose track of their guys, which I don't get, but whatever.

8th game, gave up 556 yards, 41:13 to 18:47 TOP, I had a KO return for a TD, 3 INT returns for a TD and a Fumble return for a TD. I won 48-35, lol. Crazy, crazy game.

Red set by the way. And Jarrod, I am mixing up my line shifts and LB shifts and play press and so on. Don't really play zone, my CBs are all man guys.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #5274
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeeeex94
I know this may sound really stupid but, if the USER Pass Defense Reaction Time slider is lower does that make it harder or easier? This reversed slider thing has tied my brain in a knot!
The lower the slider goes the better there coverage is. So the slider to the left makes them play tighter and if you move it towards the right it makes them play looser..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #5275
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeWorm
Yeah, I ran into serious salary cap problems last season. I overpaid to keep my stars with me. I have young WR, HB, and CB talent. Need to start balancing out the rest of my positions, -especially- my offensive line. I win because of those guys. My entire OL are 94 or higher, hence my running game.

EDIT: One thing I have noticed with drafted players: my defensive players have a much harder time gaining xp than my offensive players. With how much the CPU breaks tackles and how rarely my secondary can actually hold onto the ball for a pick (They catch about 1 out of every 10 that squarely hits their hands), their stats are always subpar. It is almost always my SS or MLB I am usering that actually tackles the CPU ballcarrier, and I only get about 8 picks a season.
Yeah I don't know why some guys are struggling with the INTs. I get a fair amount per year especially when I changed the USER pass defense to 50-25-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeWorm
Just had another game where the CPU threw for 100% until halftime, and up until one minute left in the game the CPU had a 96% completion rate, lol. I still won, but it's rather frustrating.

My players will literally stand still like three yards away from the receiver who is also standing still and leave them wide open to get the ball. Very odd.

EDIT: Do you guys think maybe some tendency thing I set up when I created my coach has something to do with it? Or maybe my scheme/playbook?
I don't know man. I've never had the CPU have that kind of completition percentage against me and I use the black set. The highest I think I've seen was around 81 or 82 I believe. Other then that it's always balanced.. I don't know what else to tell you to do besides maybe change the USER pass defense to 45-30-0. Lowering the USER pass reaction and Raising the USER INTs should help out your coverage and get you more picks at the same time. The CPUs passing might take a huge hit though. You probably would have to crank there passing up to the blue set or something. You definitely would have to raise there pass defense to the black set.. How is your run defense? If you are killing the run you might want to crank that up to the black set too. That might make them pass less if they can control the game with the run..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #5276
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens99
How will cranking up the cpu pass defense help make it tighter? For one sounds like he is a running team 2 he cant stop the cpu offense from scoring?He needs to get better on defense or he will get blown out if he makes it harder for himself to play offense. Wouldnt you think? Defitently need to draft well and start pluggin them guys in last season i played with a rookie mlb,fs ss and Lt it was hard but it was worth it cause now all 4 of them are playing really well.
Raising points for the CPU on all the sliders helps there overall gameplay and like I just told him raising there rushing might help them control the clock better and grind it out more with the running especially if he is stuffing the run but you are right he definitely needs to figure something out with his pass defense because the completion percentage he is giving up every game is horrible..
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #5277
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsrule01
Funny thing is when I strafe, or left right, doesn't seem to work. Do people use that when they are playing on defense if they control the line?

I flick the right or left to disengage on the pass rush, but then they usually re-engage. Any tips on using the controls.

I noticed Jarrod that my PB and RB for my O-linmen in the game are at 0, is that because of the settings? And I am thinking that lowering the CPU pass rush is better than increasing my pass block? I have Stefen W for the Raiders, 88 PB, and he can't hold a thing. Actually there are times when if they bring 5 guys, all of them break through. That happens, so I can deal.

Next question, I was playing today, and watching my D-line on Pass rush, and they just sit there and lock up, no movement at all aside from the RT glitch. Why does that happen?
Yeah don't mess with the USER sliders. Lower the CPU sliders in the areas you are struggling with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsrule01
Ok, year 3 Raiders at the halfway mark of the season, 7-1. I have 17 picks, 21 sacks. My secondary is pretty good. My offense is good enough for me, don't need it to be top 10, just balanced. My D is dead last, on pace to give up 7000 yards on the season, lol. I play man, so my LBs get burned on occasion, and my DBs also lose track of their guys, which I don't get, but whatever.

8th game, gave up 556 yards, 41:13 to 18:47 TOP, I had a KO return for a TD, 3 INT returns for a TD and a Fumble return for a TD. I won 48-35, lol. Crazy, crazy game.

Red set by the way. And Jarrod, I am mixing up my line shifts and LB shifts and play press and so on. Don't really play zone, my CBs are all man guys.
All I can tell you do do is lower the CPUs offense to the green set and raise the CPUs defense to the blue set if you feel like it needs to balance out some. Your 7-1 so I don't know if you really want to make things too much easier but I feel you need to do something because you are always having the same issues..
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #5278
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngbuc16
And in the first season with my bucs and my first season with the black set the tampa bay buccaneers bring the superbowl trophy back to tampa with a 40-17 win over the Houstin texans!
Congratulations on the Superbowl man.. Are you using the exact full black set or is you playing with a few adjustments? I got some final tweaks I'm going to drop off later on that definitely helping the CPU out against me so far this season.. I went 15-1 last season and won the Superbowl so I felt I needed to make some changes because It's not fun for me to have seasons like that.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #5279
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

when will the changes to the black set be made
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #5280
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Congratulations on the Superbowl man.. Are you using the exact full black set or is you playing with a few adjustments? I got some final tweaks I'm going to drop off later on that definitely helping the CPU out against me so far this season.. I went 15-1 last season and won the Superbowl so I felt I needed to make some changes because It's not fun for me to have seasons like that.
I am starting to get ints finally.Lets us know the changes you are making if you would please. I am ready to make some more tweaks myself Soon as i figure out where i will run it by you first. Just seems like the first half of games are tight but second half it either gets to be a shootout or i smash the cpu lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »