Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #5369
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
Hey Jarrod after doing some testing it seems like rush reaction is backwards too. What is your conclusion on that?
The last time I went in the lab with that slider it seemed like it worked fine. I'll give it another test whenever I decide to crank the game back up.. I haven't played in almost 2 months..
Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #5370
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajolingknave
our league is going into its 8 th yr. its a fantastic league very well runned we are in maddendaddy and have a chat on groupme for the preseason the commish raised the injurt to 60 i suggested 55 but he felt 60 was a good try we are plating our first presesson games alreadt on back hurt for 6 weeks what do u think??
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
Hey Jarrod after doing some testing it seems like rush reaction is backwards too. What is your conclusion on that?
Are y'all in the same league together?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:57 AM   #5371
MVP

OVR: 11

I gave Madden a shot again after a couple of months with your black slider set, gotta admit it was a nailbiter with a last second FG win for me which was a lot of fun, but I couldn't help but realize one huge problem, and that is man coverage.

Can you run man coverage plays against the pass with the black sliders? I get the feeling that it works well enough against drags and streaks, obviously, but any kind of route that has a serious cut in it seems to automatically defeat man coverage almost every time. And this is not a matter of coverage skill, I had Revis (MCV 99) of all people cover some rookie WR with low 80s route running, yet every time he made a cut, he had an automatic 5 yards separation which was very frustrating and led to me calling almost nothing but Cover 3 against the pass in the second half (since Cover 2 seems to be burned deep way too easily, while Cover 3 usually gets beat short over the middle where my LBs with high tackling and hit power lurk so I pick that poison).

Now, I haven't played a lot recently as I said, but am I the only one to have that problem? How do you play defense, Jarodd? It just feels a bit frustrating to have Revis and another superstar rookie CB out there (SPD 98, MCV 88 as a rookie, high 80s OVR) yet feel unable to ever call man coverage against the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #5372
Banned

OVR: 0

Jarrod,

In my franchise I have really focused on building XP points and developing my players. Do these player attributes really impact how the player performs in your eyes?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #5373
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I gave Madden a shot again after a couple of months with your black slider set, gotta admit it was a nailbiter with a last second FG win for me which was a lot of fun, but I couldn't help but realize one huge problem, and that is man coverage.

Can you run man coverage plays against the pass with the black sliders? I get the feeling that it works well enough against drags and streaks, obviously, but any kind of route that has a serious cut in it seems to automatically defeat man coverage almost every time. And this is not a matter of coverage skill, I had Revis (MCV 99) of all people cover some rookie WR with low 80s route running, yet every time he made a cut, he had an automatic 5 yards separation which was very frustrating and led to me calling almost nothing but Cover 3 against the pass in the second half (since Cover 2 seems to be burned deep way too easily, while Cover 3 usually gets beat short over the middle where my LBs with high tackling and hit power lurk so I pick that poison).

Now, I haven't played a lot recently as I said, but am I the only one to have that problem? How do you play defense, Jarodd? It just feels a bit frustrating to have Revis and another superstar rookie CB out there (SPD 98, MCV 88 as a rookie, high 80s OVR) yet feel unable to ever call man coverage against the pass.
I basically use man coverage about 75 percent of the time on defense. My guys hold up pretty good but I do see what you are seeing in some games. Those settings were basically the best I could come up with to get the CPU to be a threat with the pass.. If I go below 50 with the USER passing they usually stunk up the place in most of the games.. Getting the CPU to be a threat with there passing was pretty tough this year. You'll still get some bad passing from the CPU with the current settings but they at least became a threat with that set up. Just lower the USER pass reaction down a point or two if you feel like the coverage should be a little better.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #5374
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Jarrod,

In my franchise I have really focused on building XP points and developing my players. Do these player attributes really impact how the player performs in your eyes?
Yes it does..
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #5375
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Are y'all in the same league together?
No we aren't but we use your injury slider or maybe one point below..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #5376
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
In the 5th year of a CCM with some friends, and we just switched mid season to your blue sliders because we felt our previous set were too easy. We've only played 2 games but so far they're competitive, but really high scoring.

As Green Bay, I beat the Vikings (led by Ryan Tannehill and AP at this point) 48-42 in OT. Rodgers threw for 513 yds, 6 TDs and a pick, tannehill was 14-18 for 224, 3 TDs and a pick. Peterson was literally unstoppable tho- 29 carries, 241 yds, 3 TDs. Ugh. I couldn't get a stop the entire game until the 4th quarter when I was down 35-21, which enabled me to comeback and force OT.

My buddy played a similar game as DET vs MIA, he won in OT 41-35. Both of us had big days offensively through the air. I liked that the CPU offense was a bit more balanced than what I've seen previously, and though Peterson destroyed me, I can't say that's not unrealistic based on the GB-MIN games IRL this past year lol.

Overall the blue sliders make for a really challenging, fun game, but I would like some help bringing the scores down (for both user and CPU). Any ideas? Would love to see a 16-13 game at some point and average in the mid 20s.
We have the same problem. The only solution we have came up with is lowering the length of the games. With USER Vs User games the scores can be high at times. But we use these sliders and it helps a lot..

Jarrod I'm not sure about the rush reaction I have been testing it but can't come up with a solution. Right now we play with run blocking 0 and rush reaction 0 for the USER. So far so good I will post RBs average per carry when I can because that's really what matters..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »