Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #5497
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Just an FYI for M25 slider news (thread here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ial-teams.html). The exciting news from the latest sharing blog is it looks like Madden finally has user and cpu special teams sliders! A part of the Player Skill sliders are shown briefly.

Looks like they got rid of all the defensive line sliders like pass rush and block shedding. They also got rid of run reaction time. It never worked that great so not a huge loss but I hate losing sliders. We do get a true pass coverage slider which is huge since the reaction time slider didn't do much of anything last year.

I hope they add RB ability instead of break tackles. That was redundant with the tackle slider. I will love finally being able to tune the kicking sliders better! You couldn't drop the slider last year without the cpu missing too much and yet you could hit all your FGs way too easily. About time they brought those back. (Now I'm just hoping the pic means what I think it means).
I wonder why they would get rid of the pass rush/block shed slider? What if that area needs tuning? I won't be able to do anything about it.. I usually have the USER pass rush/blockshedding on 0 but I like to crank up the CPU sliders in those areas. Yeah I like the addition of the pass coverage slider. Hopefully it works properly.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #5498
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
so we switched this season from a different set of slider that weren't posing any challenges to your Black/toughest set of sliders and we had interesting results.

so far 2 of us have played, the other user had a great Oline, WRs, HB and Defense but a young and spotty QB. I have a really good Oline, great WRs, Great HB, and pretty good Defense.

he suffered from poor passes and his mistakes were INTs, understandable. what he didn't like is that the pass reaction and INTs had some psychic abilities to them where a LB was running up field and instantly knew when to jump for the pick without looking.

I suffered from missed tackles, they scored 4 TDs and all of them were over 50+ yards. outside of those 4 plays they didn't really do anything on offense. I'm not so upset about that because I can adjust my defense for all but really 1 of the plays where I hit their RB 3 times behind the line of scrim but he still broke away for a TD.

my main issue was 3 of my 4 picks were proper reads but hokey results, my QB is 95 on short/mid/long/awr and 98 throw power. dude doesn't make many bad throws unless I throw into double coverage but I'm the king of coverage sacks and throwin the ball away in our league. I had 1 INT in the 1st half that was ok, a dig route and the CB under cut the route, I'll admit that I shouldn't have thrown it but I took a chance.

in the 2nd half(4th qtr) I had a quick slant to Dez Bryant and EJ Henderson was running towards the sideline on a cover 3 "flat area" zone coverage. he wasn't looking at my QB and as Dez was passing him I threw what shoulda been a perfect pass into the vacated area but instead EJ Henderson stops on a dime and sprint lunges at full speed in the complete opposite direction to make a drive killing INT. force a punt, get the ball back and am driving again to take the lead for the win.

mid level dig by Devin Hester who has 3-5 yards between him and the FS, throw it as he is stepping through his break. FS breaks on the ball and runs directly through Hester without slowing down, no PI and no collision detection for the INT... intercepted 3 times now.

last ditch effort to win the game, no TOs and need to go 40 yards in 30 seconds. their CB is pressing at the line of scrim, Dez breaks the press and the CB goes into the "missed press" animation. I fire the pass into the open field under the SS and the CB instantly recovers from the animation and covers 6 yards faster than Dez and the pass for the INT...

outside of the silliness that we had with the CPU pass reaction and INTs, these sliders might just be the closest thing we've had to CPU competition. running was difficult but we both finished with 100+ yards rushing, me between 3 RBs and him with Jamal Charles. I passed for 350Yards and 3 TDs with 1 legit INT(4 INTs total). he threw for 200 yards, 3 TDs and 4 legit INTs(1 psychic super LB INT).

I think we will probably drop the CPU pass reaction and INTs to at least half of what they were.

almost really really good slider set though, it made us both work to lose the game.
Yeah I had to go to the extreme with those sliders just to get the CPU to slow me down some. It's the only option if your that good at throwing the ball. I wouldn't cut those sliders in half like that. You should maybe drop the CPUs pass defense to the blue set.. If you go to low you'll be flicking it around the field with ease again without any worries. You'll also have to use total control passing with the left stick using the blackset with how low I have the USER accuracy.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #5499
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
so we switched this season from a different set of slider that weren't posing any challenges to your Black/toughest set of sliders and we had interesting results.

so far 2 of us have played, the other user had a great Oline, WRs, HB and Defense but a young and spotty QB. I have a really good Oline, great WRs, Great HB, and pretty good Defense.

he suffered from poor passes and his mistakes were INTs, understandable. what he didn't like is that the pass reaction and INTs had some psychic abilities to them where a LB was running up field and instantly knew when to jump for the pick without looking.

I suffered from missed tackles, they scored 4 TDs and all of them were over 50+ yards. outside of those 4 plays they didn't really do anything on offense. I'm not so upset about that because I can adjust my defense for all but really 1 of the plays where I hit their RB 3 times behind the line of scrim but he still broke away for a TD.

my main issue was 3 of my 4 picks were proper reads but hokey results, my QB is 95 on short/mid/long/awr and 98 throw power. dude doesn't make many bad throws unless I throw into double coverage but I'm the king of coverage sacks and throwin the ball away in our league. I had 1 INT in the 1st half that was ok, a dig route and the CB under cut the route, I'll admit that I shouldn't have thrown it but I took a chance.

in the 2nd half(4th qtr) I had a quick slant to Dez Bryant and EJ Henderson was running towards the sideline on a cover 3 "flat area" zone coverage. he wasn't looking at my QB and as Dez was passing him I threw what shoulda been a perfect pass into the vacated area but instead EJ Henderson stops on a dime and sprint lunges at full speed in the complete opposite direction to make a drive killing INT. force a punt, get the ball back and am driving again to take the lead for the win.

mid level dig by Devin Hester who has 3-5 yards between him and the FS, throw it as he is stepping through his break. FS breaks on the ball and runs directly through Hester without slowing down, no PI and no collision detection for the INT... intercepted 3 times now.

last ditch effort to win the game, no TOs and need to go 40 yards in 30 seconds. their CB is pressing at the line of scrim, Dez breaks the press and the CB goes into the "missed press" animation. I fire the pass into the open field under the SS and the CB instantly recovers from the animation and covers 6 yards faster than Dez and the pass for the INT...

outside of the silliness that we had with the CPU pass reaction and INTs, these sliders might just be the closest thing we've had to CPU competition. running was difficult but we both finished with 100+ yards rushing, me between 3 RBs and him with Jamal Charles. I passed for 350Yards and 3 TDs with 1 legit INT(4 INTs total). he threw for 200 yards, 3 TDs and 4 legit INTs(1 psychic super LB INT).

I think we will probably drop the CPU pass reaction and INTs to at least half of what they were.

almost really really good slider set though, it made us both work to lose the game.
Had many games like that. still have some but not as bad anymore i use the full black set but brought the cpu ints down between 65 and 70 I still throw some picks but not as many ridiculous ones where the lb's and safeties make unreal catches. I still find the running game to easy for both sides though. so if i get into a game where the cpu is getting stupid unreal ints i just convert to the running game and pass when i have to usually 3 and long. I hope the new madden is fixed
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #5500
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I had to go to the extreme with those sliders just to get the CPU to slow me down some. It's the only option if your that good at throwing the ball. I wouldn't cut those sliders in half like that. You should maybe drop the CPUs pass defense to the blue set.. If you go to low you'll be flicking it around the field with ease again without any worries. You'll also have to use total control passing with the left stick using the blackset with how low I have the USER accuracy.
yeah it is going to be a work in progress to find the happy medium, it isn't so much the psychic abilities as it is the INTs and instant recovery. had their been better collision detection 1 of the INTs woulnd't have been, at the worst it woulda been an incomplete pass. I've always been a big user of total control passing, which is why I drafted a pocket passer and focused on his pure passing skills. I tend to average around 40 passes a game usually completing 28-32 of them, that being said I don't bomb it out and usually end with 300-350 yards passing. a lot of short and mid-range passes, digs, outs, drags, posts and zigs. I don't like the flag and hitch routes because they are bit exploitative to the game although they might be necessary with these sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens99
Had many games like that. still have some but not as bad anymore i use the full black set but brought the cpu ints down between 65 and 70 I still throw some picks but not as many ridiculous ones where the lb's and safeties make unreal catches. I still find the running game to easy for both sides though. so if i get into a game where the cpu is getting stupid unreal ints i just convert to the running game and pass when i have to usually 3 and long. I hope the new madden is fixed
this will probably be our first adjustment, lowering the INTs if at least to remove the super-LB feel. I had 1 user pick and 5 deflections where my CBs had the route covered but dropped the pass. all 4 of my passes defensed resulted in INTs. need that to even up.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #5501
Rookie

sbailey020's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah try 14 minutes. How many plays per game are you getting combined with both teams?
Most of the season was 130-140. The scores just seemed to be a little high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #5502
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

Jarodd, i am liking the Red sliders on offense and green on defense. im 0-2, but both games have been close 27-20 and 30-28. I lost drew brees due to retirement so im adjusting to my new QB i drafted in rd 1 of this past yr draft. I also upgraded my defense a bit by trading for Bowman from the 49ers since i run the 3-4. I also tried to get rid of Harper since his coverage skills sucks. He keeps getting beat for the long pass. I guess im going to have to trade for a SS ore draft one this yr. I traded two 2nd rounders and my 70 ovr rookie i drafted in the 4th round for Bowman, so i think i got him pretty cheap. Bowman is a 94 ovr btw.

Last edited by tylorlenart; 06-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #5503
Rookie

tylorlenart's Arena

Just played my week 3 game i beat the bucs 24-20. Konnor Shepard had a field day 280 yds 2 Td's both to Graham. I also added Jennings to my WR core. So Shepard (rookie) has a lot of weapons. It will be interesting how the rest of the season plays out. I bought the double xp QB package so i can try to get his THP and ACC up quicker. Question do you play with Coach firing off or on? Im just worried that i may be fired if i don't reach the playoffs this yr, but at the same time i want to keep it realistic.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #5504
Pro

DoubleRussia's Arena

OVR: 1

Jarod quick question, I'm using your red sliders in my Raiders CCM Dynasty, and I was wondering if there was any way if you could gimme a few tips to make the sliders highlight my LB's

Because with NaVarro Bowman and James Laurinaitis covering up a 3-4 LB Scheme, they should be getting a ton of tackles

MLB - Oakland Athletics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »