Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #1289
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

I have been having a lot of fun with Charters sliders this year and with Madden 13 in general!
As a couple other members pointed out, charters sliders provides a great set of sliders to start with.
You have to adjust them to what feels right to you, in otherwords adjust them to your skill level.
For those having problems with passing dont be afraid to adjust the sliders. I suck at passing with Charters default sliders but I adjusted them to my skill level.
Here they are...hopefully it helps some peeps out there who are throwing too many INTs or not having success passing.

QB Accuracy 29/33
Pass Block 40/50
WR Catch 49/49

Broken Tackles 40/60
Run Block 40/90
Fumble 10/10

Pass reaction 67/80
Int 18/18
Pass Rush 50/60

Rush reaction 5/65
Block Shedding 35/50
Tackle 20/40

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #1290
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

So I just started my connected career and chose these sliders. Any thoughts on the 15 min quarters and 15 sec accelerated clock?

In my first game I was getting blown out so I guess I had the ball a bit more than usual. Either way I ended up with 94 offensive plays. I did sim the last quarter because it was getting ugly so that probably would up the total a bit I'm sure, but even at the end of the third I was pretty much at the NFL average for a game (60-70 I believe right?)

Andrew Luck ended up with 73 passing attempts lol.. I'm curious if the sim had me run the ball more than once in the fourth (I think I was in the upper 30's / lower 40's for attempts at the end of the third)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #1291
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
So I just started my connected career and chose these sliders. Any thoughts on the 15 min quarters and 15 sec accelerated clock?

In my first game I was getting blown out so I guess I had the ball a bit more than usual. Either way I ended up with 94 offensive plays. I did sim the last quarter because it was getting ugly so that probably would up the total a bit I'm sure, but even at the end of the third I was pretty much at the NFL average for a game (60-70 I believe right?)

Andrew Luck ended up with 73 passing attempts lol.. I'm curious if the sim had me run the ball more than once in the fourth (I think I was in the upper 30's / lower 40's for attempts at the end of the third)
It depends on how many plays the other team had. 120 to 150 combined is what you want. Yes sim's mess up stats. You could try 13 sec play clock instead of 15. I use 15 because I make line adjustments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #1292
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It depends on how many plays the other team had. 120 to 150 combined is what you want. Yes sim's mess up stats. You could try 13 sec play clock instead of 15. I use 15 because I make line adjustments
They had an even 70 plays so a total of 164. So perhaps it was just due to the SIM / a fluke.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #1293
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

If your interested in how I come up with sliders then read this.

I'm not a veteran as far as posting but, I've been making sliders for while. The way I test is pretty simple. I want sliders that are ratings based. I take a team and make them my test team. I change the ratings of about 16 players. Half of them I use as my no skill players. I lower their key ratings to 0 or close to it. I make the other plays my 99 overall guys. Then I play games and adjust sliders as I go.

An example would be QB. I put in the terrible player and lower the pass acc slider until he can't ever complete a pass. At default a guy like hat still has great accuracy! Once I lower it I put in the 99 QB. If he is still very accurate I move to next position and slider. I do that for every part of the game. I also put my test team as the CPU and test all the same stuff for them. It's crazy how different the sliders have to be different to make the CPU players ratings he same as the user.

Next I get two normal teams and play games. I make adjustment but, try not to go to far away from my original sliders because they are all about ratings.

The most difficult thing is that DL/OL interactions are terrible in EA games. To get that part of the game to totally respect ratings I have to let the CPU always control the D-Line. If a human controls a D-line player they would get tons of sacks so I have to change things to compensate for that.

I hope this helps someone with slider making. Ratings do matter in Madden just not on default.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #1294
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey Charter

can you re post your updated recommended slider??

this thread is so long and from what ive been reading from the first few pages, there have been a lot of adjustments..

people seem to like your slider more than anyone elses on this site..if you could please post it i will be giving it a try today asap

thanks dude!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #1295
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil2thesun
hey Charter

can you re post your updated recommended slider??

this thread is so long and from what ive been reading from the first few pages, there have been a lot of adjustments..

people seem to like your slider more than anyone elses on this site..if you could please post it i will be giving it a try today asap

thanks dude!
Everything on the OP is up to date. The second set is the one I use. The first set is the one most start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #1296
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
If your interested in how I come up with sliders then read this.

I'm not a veteran as far as posting but, I've been making sliders for while. The way I test is pretty simple. I want sliders that are ratings based. I take a team and make them my test team. I change the ratings of about 16 players. Half of them I use as my no skill players. I lower their key ratings to 0 or close to it. I make the other plays my 99 overall guys. Then I play games and adjust sliders as I go.

An example would be QB. I put in the terrible player and lower the pass acc slider until he can't ever complete a pass. At default a guy like hat still has great accuracy! Once I lower it I put in the 99 QB. If he is still very accurate I move to next position and slider. I do that for every part of the game. I also put my test team as the CPU and test all the same stuff for them. It's crazy how different the sliders have to be different to make the CPU players ratings he same as the user.

Next I get two normal teams and play games. I make adjustment but, try not to go to far away from my original sliders because they are all about ratings.

The most difficult thing is that DL/OL interactions are terrible in EA games. To get that part of the game to totally respect ratings I have to let the CPU always control the D-Line. If a human controls a D-line player they would get tons of sacks so I have to change things to compensate for that.

I hope this helps someone with slider making. Ratings do matter in Madden just not on default.

Good process!

Thanks for sharing...

Have you ever done tests on CPU INT Catch versus Drop?

I'm using a 5 or 6 HUM QB ACC (Browns / Weedon) with a CPU PRC of 65 and INT set at 30...

He's pretty wild (his mid acc is 76) even when he plants, and any offline throw gets caught by ANY CPU defender within reach that has a CTH over 50...

I have my PRC at 80 (loose coverage) with INTs at 20, and a guy like CB Haden (high OVR / AWR / CTH) picks about one of three that hit him in the hands...

I'd like to at least get 50 / 50 or so with the CPU Defenders above 50 / 60 ish...

I know all your sets have higher CPU INT settings, but I'm guessing your using a higher AWR / OVR/ ACC QB...

So:

Any info appreciated on "drop versus catch" for CPU INT...

Thanks!

I know you did one a while back where 18 was the human setting for finally getting some drops...so thanks again for that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »