Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #1409
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

I've yet to play with these using the new patch, but I had to touch base on my first few games in a Raiders CCM. I won my first 3 games by 3 points or less, one coming in overtime, and two coming via last-second Janikowski FGs.

These sliders always seem to produce nail biters for me, but it's great because every game is different. One game McFadden disappears. The next he gets 150 on 15 carries.

And then . . . the impossible happened. I played the Broncos after installing Tom Flores's playbook. Carson Palmer turned in the performance of a lifetime. He threw for an NFL record 8 TD passes. 8. He put up some 500 yards. It was insane, especially since every other game I've played (like 20 or so in CCM with these sliders) has been tough to move the ball for me.

Talk about variety.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1410
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
I have no idea what's happening, but I tried the sliders in Play Now and user accuracy is way off? (double checked the numbers too) It's so off that I'll press one icon throwing to the right side of the field and a receiver on the left side of the field will make the catch

I'm not using total control passing, throwing on the run, or being pressured

Using Phillip Rivers btw who should be very accurate

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2
Man! That's crazy! Lol. I hate the way that slider works. Anything over 6 and my QB is too accurate. I'm throwing for 66% with Romo through 9 games in my CCM. I hope it was just a one game thing for you. How was everything else?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #1411
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
With the numbers I listed above, I got this game:

Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals
Sep 9, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Seattle Seahawks (HUM)720101047
Arizona Cardinals (CPU)330713
Team Stats Comparison
SEAARI
Total Offense289338
Rushing Yards13832
Passing Yards151306
First Downs1215
Punt Return Yards4431
Kick Return Yards9326
Total Yards426395
Turnovers18
3rd Down Converstion2/138/17
4th Down Conversion0/10/0
2-Point Conversion0/00/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4/2/12/0/2
Penalties2/203/26
Posession Time33:0326:57
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGSEAARI
12:44(SEA) J. Jones, returned fumble 3 Yds (Hauschka kick)70
4:15(ARI) J. Feely, 26 Yd FG 73
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGSEAARI
12:55(SEA) S. Hauschka, 24 Yd FG 103
7:23(SEA) M. Robinson, 2 Yd run (Hauschka kick)173
5:48(SEA) S. Hauschka, 40 Yd FG203
4:10(SEA) E. Thomas, returned interception 69 Yds (Hauschka kick)273
1:08(ARI) J. Feely, 30 Yd FG276
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGSEAARI
14:51(SEA) K. Chancellor, returned interception 27 Yds (Hauschka kick)346
5:50(SEA) S. Hauschka, 45 Yd FG376
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGSEAARI
14:20(SEA) S. Hauschka, 51 Yd FG406
3:33(SEA) M. Lynch, 1 Yd run (Hauschka kick)476
0:29(ARI) S. Bradley, returned fumble 86 Yds (Feely kick)4713
Seattle Seahawks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R. Wilson14/2215200
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lynch331374.11
R. Turbin111.00
M. Robinson122.01
R. Wilson1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
B. Edwards57715.40
G. Tate34916.30
M. Lynch273.50
R. Turbin166.00
S. Rice188.00
M. Robinson144.00
Z. Miller111.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Team140
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
K. Chancellor7011
Arizona Cardinals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Skelton28/5234804
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Wells11252.20
J. James177.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Floyd713218.80
B. Wells5336.60
A. Roberts58116.20
L. Fitzgerald34414.60
T. Heap3237.60
G. Robinson2178.50
J. James2136.50
R. Housler155.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
N. Potter02
L. Sendlein01
B. Massie02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
P. Peterson9000

Game felt good, CPU had 8 turnovers, which is the most I've ever seen, but skelton threw 52 times. I had 3 defensive scores...take them away and it's 26-13 or closer.

Concerning is the CPU run game again...may bump that up to 43-45, but wanna play 4 more games with the same settings to make sure it's an issue.

Also had 6 sacks, which is to be expected when you throw as often as they were.
Have you tried the set as they are listed on the OP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #1412
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Have you tried the set as they are listed on the OP?
Not yet, had an idea, and wanted to play it out.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #1413
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Almost ready to start enjoying the game. The Pre-Existing injury bug is the only thing preventing me from having fun, gonna need to wait for someone to release a solid roster as I don't feel like fixing all the lineups myself using the latest playnow roster.

Some quick observations from playing a few halfs with your newest sliders.

my offense felt good. I had a good mix of short plays and a few big plays using sanchez and the jets minus holmes. I think 30 threshold works well. Some say the game is easier with a lower threshold hence ive always been a fan of using 100 but you can always adjust the difficulty with other settings/sliders and with this set I didn't feel things were too easy. It all depends on play style too and I don't call a play on Offense more than once every three drives plus dont use hot routes plus dont use audibles plus dont use total control passsing and I will say the balance of big plays and short plays feels good for me.

The CPU offense looks quite accurate as well. Perhaps the only area id look at is the CPU running they can get quite crazy at running, not enough 2-3 yard gains. I wouldn't weaken them too much though. I got lit up by Woodhead and the pats the first two times playing but then against the bills Jackson and Spiller had what I felt were very good realistic averages and runs. I realized after playing the Pats and giving up big runs to Woodhead that I whiff a lot of my tackles trying to manually run into the bal carrier and have started using the A button to get my player in position. Before the patch I felt this was too cheesy but now that the CPU can put up yards I think its fine and whiffing tackles like I did was just too unrealistic. Im curious if you do this method of using the A button to tackle the RB or if you just use the left stick?

If I complete a game ill post some stats but your work is paying off finally madden plays like madden!

One more thing regarding Run/Pass ratio. I see this still as a major problem and the way the devs implemented the CPU team play call decision making needs to be a priority next year. I hate how its universal for every team they all play indentical I just want some variety. The boxscore posted above against the Cardinals shows Skelton passed 50+ times which shows that you can have games the the CPU will pass alot but so you can see the reason isnt because the Cardinals tendencies its because the CPU was losing the entire game. There run game also was getting stuffed. I am quite positive the main thing influencing the CPUs run/pass ratio is if they are in the lead/behind/or tied. But I also wonder... if the CPU is getting stuffed in the run game.. avg 2 YPC will that cause them to pass more, even if they are ahead in the score?

I feel Madden is also so close to be a great game (9/10) if they could just fix a few of these issues that seem so minor to work on compared to the big things like a brand new franchise mode, or player editing. Just adjusting the logic to have the CPU not go run heavy until up two touchdowns instead of when up a FG or 1 TD would add so much and even things out, while making them less predictable. Everytime I see them come out in a 2 RB 2 TE set on 1st and 10 its a 90% run. 1st downs should be looked at specifically as well. sorry for the rant, gj on the sliders!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #1414
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Almost ready to start enjoying the game. The Pre-Existing injury bug is the only thing preventing me from having fun, gonna need to wait for someone to release a solid roster as I don't feel like fixing all the lineups myself using the latest playnow roster.

my offense felt good. I had a good mix of short plays and a few big plays using sanchez and the jets minus holmes. I think 30 threshold works well. Some say the game is easier with a lower threshold hence ive always been a fan of using 100 but you can always adjust the difficulty with other settings/sliders and with this set I didn't feel things were too easy. It all depends on play style too and I don't call a play on Offense more than once every three drives plus dont use hot routes plus dont use audibles plus dont use total control passsing and I will say the balance of big plays and short plays feels good for me.

The CPU offense looks quite accurate as well. Perhaps the only area id look at is the CPU running they can get quite crazy at running, not enough 2-3 yard gains. I wouldn't weaken them too much though. I got lit up by Woodhead and the pats the first two times playing but then against the bills Jackson and Spiller had what I felt were very good realistic averages and runs. I realized after playing the Pats and giving up big runs to Woodhead that I whiff a lot of my tackles trying to manually run into the bal carrier and have started using the A button to get my player in position. Before the patch I felt this was too cheesy but now that the CPU can put up yards I think its fine and whiffing tackles like I did was just too unrealistic. Im curious if you do this method of using the A button to tackle the RB or if you just use the left stick?

If I complete a game ill post some stats but your work is paying off finally madden plays like madden!

One more thing regarding Run/Pass ratio. I see this still as a major problem and the way the devs implemented the CPU team play call decision making needs to be a priority next year. I hate how its universal for every team they all play indentical I just want some variety. The boxscore posted above against the Cardinals shows Skelton passed 50+ times which shows that you can have games the the CPU will pass alot but so you can see the reason isnt because the Cardinals tendencies its because the CPU was losing the entire game. There run game also was getting stuffed. I am quite positive the main thing influencing the CPUs run/pass ratio is if they are in the lead/behind/or tied. But I also wonder... if the CPU is getting stuffed in the run game.. avg 2 YPC will that cause them to pass more, even if they are ahead in the score?

I feel Madden is also so close to be a great game (9/10) if they could just fix a few of these issues that seem so minor to work on compared to the big things like a brand new franchise mode, or player editing. Just adjusting the logic to have the CPU not go run heavy until up two touchdowns instead of when up a FG or 1 TD would add so much and even things out, while making them less predictable. Everytime I see them come out in a 2 RB 2 TE set on 1st and 10 its a 90% run. 1st downs should be looked at specifically as well. sorry for the rant, gj on the sliders!
Yea I'm getting some great games too. So glad the CPU is able to run on a consistent basis. I don't ever use the A button. I think is fine to use I just don't ever think about it. It is really awesome that when I was one on one with McCoy in the open field I was scared and he made me look bad at times against the Eagles. LOL. What I had to start doing on Defense is call plays were the Safety was one on one with a RB or TE and bring him up in the box. That is what real teams start doing to stop the run. It helped.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #1415
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

Brian,

I can tell you what the first 6 plays were for Arizona.

1. run - no gain
2. run - 3 yards
3. Pass - 47 yards (called back. Holding)
3. pass - sack/fumble/TD

4. Pass - 3 yard
5. Pass - incomplete
6. Draw - 2 yards
7. Punt

I went three and out.

8. Run - no gain
9. PA - incomplete
10. Pass - incomplete.
11. Punt

3 and out

12. Pass - 38 yards
13. Run - 2 yards
14. Pass incomplete
15. draw
16. FG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #1416
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yea I'm getting some great games too. So glad the CPU is able to run on a consistent basis. I don't ever use the A button. I think is fine to use I just don't ever think about it. It is really awesome that when I was one on one with McCoy in the open field I was scared and he made me look bad at times against the Eagles. LOL. What I had to start doing on Defense is call plays were the Safety was one on one with a RB or TE and bring him up in the box. That is what real teams start doing to stop the run. It helped.
Guess I just need to step my game up! I was considering dropping to Slow gamespeed as I cannot for the life of me use the left stick to run into the ball carrier I just fly past him. I control the Safety mostly as well Ill try playing closer to the line on run plays and see if that helps thanks!

How about Strafing do you strafe when you go in to tackle (pressing LT)? or do you have Auto strafe on?

Last edited by BrianU; 10-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »