Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #433
Rookie

murphyy12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
I'm really starting to wonder if the R stick works at all. I'm feeling like it has a mind of it's own.

That's what makes the sliders so dumb. They don't affect what they mean and if it's reversed............well that's just stupid. For the past couple of years people have asked EA for better imput on what exactly the sliders affect.
Try holding RS in one direction to make the move. I feel that this works. I get pretty good results. It also may defend on each individual defensive player and how good the OL is.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #434
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

So I entered the sliders exactly as you posted, then played two games: Giants vs. Bears (CPU) and Jets vs. Bills (CPU). I had doubts as to whether those sliders would work since they were counterintuitive to my playing style. But they worked pretty well. Some observations (I didn't want to take the time to type all my stats into that template, but I started and I accidentally pressed browser back and lost my data so I said screw it):

I played 8 min. quarters since now I'm just more interested in difficulty than in perfect statistical accuracy. Also I played in PLAY NOW mode. I know I should use online CCM but I'm one of those that likes to have my sliders and settings settled before beginning a career.

The CPU does play really well offensively. As NYG vs. CHI I was KILLED by Matt Forte, especially on draws up the middle; he was churning out about 10 yds/carry, eluding like Walter Payton. The guy had 200+ yards on 20-something carries. The passing was pretty pedestrian but pretty realistic. I was passing surprisingly well but my run attack was nonexistant (just like my real-life counterparts). I had about 5 turnovers in both games. The two as the Giants were fumbles. I lost 26-7 with my only score being a 75-yard TD pass to Hakeem Nicks when he ran a streak and beat the CB on man coverage.

Second game playing as the Jets, lost 14-9 to Buffalo. This time the run was better and of course Fred Jackson didn't have nearly the success that Forte had but still ran well. Again, for 10 pass accuracy and the high CPU pass coverage ability, I actually passed better than I thought I would. Passing and leading the receiver is something I definitely need work on. I was also playing against not-so-stellar defensive teams.

I think if you're going to do a beginner slider set, you might want to make slight changes:
Slightly increase User Pass Block and Run Ability and Pass Accuracy. Then again I suck at passing so I need the extra second.

I like the sliders, but I think I need to tweak them more. Thanks for doing this!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #435
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

Playing Dal v NYG and at half there's already been 8 roughing the passer penalties. I bumped it up to only 59 (Charter moved it to 60).

On four of the penalties, 2 against Romo and 2 against Manning, the Defender never even touched the QB. They both went down from the blocker running into them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #436
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Playing Dal v NYG and at half there's already been 8 roughing the passer penalties. I bumped it up to only 59 (Charter moved it to 60).

On four of the penalties, 2 against Romo and 2 against Manning, the Defender never even touched the QB. They both went down from the blocker running into them.
LOL. I just lowered it to 55. Thanks for doing my testing for me. Ha ha. I was just trying to see how it would go with it on 60.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #437
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyy12
Try holding RS in one direction to make the move. I feel that this works. I get pretty good results. It also may defend on each individual defensive player and how good the OL is.
Maybe if they'd actually put a decent description in the manual that would help. I'll try holding it one way.

I know it's going to depend on talent levels, but going an entire game and getting free only once in a blue moon is nuts. I don't care how good or bad someone is, you should still be able to eventually get off someone.

I watch replays and just laugh. I thought they outlawed stickum!

Last edited by jesmith29; 09-03-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:

This was something I brought up to. With it set to 60 I got 4 calls. Next game after I turned it down to 55, I only got a total of 2 or 3 which seems more realistic

Sent from my Dark JellyBellyG1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 2

For those of you playing with Charter04's amazing sliders in CCM using Cleveland, what stats are you getting? I'm now to the point where I am attempting to eliminate "me" and my stick skills from the equation and judge the extent to which the sliders are replicating real life (as far as that can be done). So, hopefully, by surveying others with the Browns, I can get there.

Basically: What are your season QB averages (%, sacks per game, yards per attempt, how many attempts), running back performance (carries/yards per carry) and how is your defense performing (i.e., giving up 250 through the air/ 75 ground). Feel free to PM with them.

And again, Charter, these are fantastic!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #440
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
For those of you playing with Charter04's amazing sliders in CCM using Cleveland, what stats are you getting? I'm now to the point where I am attempting to eliminate "me" and my stick skills from the equation and judge the extent to which the sliders are replicating real life (as far as that can be done). So, hopefully, by surveying others with the Browns, I can get there.

Basically: What are your season QB averages (%, sacks per game, yards per attempt, how many attempts), running back performance (carries/yards per carry) and how is your defense performing (i.e., giving up 250 through the air/ 75 ground). Feel free to PM with them.

And again, Charter, these are fantastic!
Thanks for the feed back man. Still working on them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »