Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #553
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Just started up a test CCM with the Redskins.

time to test the new sliders!

Ugh...made it through a half, and just had to stop. IMO the new set is a big step backwards.

First catching at 45, if you don't user catch, there's massive drops. The 2 teams combined (Saints and Redskins) had 17 drops. The Redskins (user) had 11 in the first half, 7 by Fred Davis alone.

Second, the CPU QBA at 10. I saw Drew Brees just doing some god awful stuff. Throwing into triple coverage twice, not checking down, etc.

Third, the HUM run blocking. I had the same thought in NCAA. Dumbing down the blocking doesn't make the game more realistic. It just makes it harder for the user to win because you're boosting the CPU run defense, but dumbing down the CPU players on the user side. I ran tosses, and the pulling lineman didn't block a single defender on 4 toss plays. On stretch plays, the playside lineman and TE don't hold their blocks at all.

Fourth, the pass blocking for the user is nowhere near good enough to handle a 60 pass rush by the CPU. For the same reason as run blocking, dumbing down the CPU players on the user side left stunts unblocked, blitzes not picked up, and very little attempt at holding their blocks.

For me, the other set just felt better. It played more real. Lower the user run blocking to 45, INT's for both teams at 30, and the game just flowed. This feels like a Plymouth Horizon racing a 1970 Chevelle.

Last edited by pdiehm; 09-06-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #554
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
Played a game with the new sliders Online CCM versus SF 49ers

Small sample size (one lol) but..

CPU running seems to be much much better:
Frank Gore 29 carries for 105 yards and 1TD (3.6 average) - Long of 19

User running seems much better (harder):
Ryan Williams (ARZ) 30 carries for 86 yards (2.8 average)

Alex Smith (CPU) had 31 attempts so its not like they only ran the ball, which used to be a big problem. He was 17/33 with 0 TD and 2 INT. Unlike the previous slider sets, the USER INT seems much more realistic in that there are no crazy amounts of dropped picks

Just one game, but so far the new set is much better and plays better too (I always felt that animations looked cleaner on the Slow speed setting)

Great job!
Thanks man. At least there are two choices for people but, I really like new ones the best. I want to be able to go all out against the CPU. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #555
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm

Awesome. They may play a little different in Offline versus online. I did most testing Online. I hope the human run game is a little harder. I don't want to see you go 15-1 again. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #556
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Awesome. They may play a little different in Offline versus online. I did most testing Online. I hope the human run game is a little harder. I don't want to see you go 15-1 again. LOL
The thing was the 15-1 easily could have been 10-6 or 9-7.

I'm not feeling the new set. Gonna play around with the original set. That really felt good, and the numbers I was getting from the CPU were pretty close to spot on.

I have some ideas, I'll post after I get something playing.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #557
Rookie

OVR: 3

After my game against the 49ers, the next one was against the Falcons

I noticed that they ran the ball a lot, and it wasn't until they were down in the end of the 3rd quarter when they started throwing the ball

The biggest issue in this game to me, was Matt Ryan's completion percentage. He went 13-35 for 189 yards - 0 TD, 1 INT (37%)

Seeing as how Ryan is one of the better QBs and how they are essentially a passing offense now, I was a bit disappointed to see these stats

In contrast, I went 23-34 for 263 yards - 4 TD, 2 INT. After two games, I find that the User passing game is quite a bit easier compared to the previous sliders

In terms of CPU rushing, Michael Turner went off on me with 28 carries for 145 yards and 3 TDs. Ryan ended up with more passing attempts, but in the first 3 quarters or so, they basically ran 90% of the time which wasn't that great to see

In terms of defense, my team recorded 5 total sacks while they got 0. Their pass rush may tie into the easier User passing
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #558
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:

Ugh...made it through a half, and just had to stop. IMO the new set is a big step backwards.

First catching at 45, if you don't user catch, there's massive drops. The 2 teams combined (Saints and Redskins) had 17 drops. The Redskins (user) had 11 in the first half, 7 by Fred Davis alone.

Second, the CPU QBA at 10. I saw Drew Brees just doing some god awful stuff. Throwing into triple coverage twice, not checking down, etc.

Third, the HUM run blocking. I had the same thought in NCAA. Dumbing down the blocking doesn't make the game more realistic. It just makes it harder for the user to win because you're boosting the CPU run defense, but dumbing down the CPU players on the user side. I ran tosses, and the pulling lineman didn't block a single defender on 4 toss plays. On stretch plays, the playside lineman and TE don't hold their blocks at all.

Fourth, the pass blocking for the user is nowhere near good enough to handle a 60 pass rush by the CPU. For the same reason as run blocking, dumbing down the CPU players on the user side left stunts unblocked, blitzes not picked up, and very little attempt at holding their blocks.

For me, the other set just felt better. It played more real. Lower the user run blocking to 45, INT's for both teams at 30, and the game just flowed. This feels like a Plymouth Horizon racing a 1970 Chevelle.
That's cool. Different strokes. Also I really don't know how much different offline an online are. For me I don't have hardly any drops ever. The most drops are the DB's for me. I will try them in offline ccm and see how they are. I'm glade you like the first set. You might want to up either the CPU block shed or the cpu run defense reaction time to make it harder to run. In the other sliders I mean. If your happy with 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl with the Seahawks then that's fine with me.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #559
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
After my game against the 49ers, the next one was against the Falcons

I noticed that they ran the ball a lot, and it wasn't until they were down in the end of the 3rd quarter when they started throwing the ball

The biggest issue in this game to me, was Matt Ryan's completion percentage. He went 13-35 for 189 yards - 0 TD, 1 INT (37%)

Seeing as how Ryan is one of the better QBs and how they are essentially a passing offense now, I was a bit disappointed to see these stats

In contrast, I went 23-34 for 263 yards - 4 TD, 2 INT. After two games, I find that the User passing game is quite a bit easier compared to the previous sliders

In terms of CPU rushing, Michael Turner went off on me with 28 carries for 145 yards and 3 TDs. Ryan ended up with more passing attempts, but in the first 3 quarters or so, they basically ran 90% of the time which wasn't that great to see

In terms of defense, my team recorded 5 total sacks while they got 0. Their pass rush may tie into the easier User passing
Thanks for that feedback. This set is very much still a work in progress. I just like to go ahead and post them and see the results. I am still working on some of those issue's.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #560
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
The thing was the 15-1 easily could have been 10-6 or 9-7.

I'm not feeling the new set. Gonna play around with the original set. That really felt good, and the numbers I was getting from the CPU were pretty close to spot on.

I have some ideas, I'll post after I get something playing.
I understand that. I was trying to make the user running more difficult and go from there. I had a lot of comments about user running being too easy. I agree that its too hard at this point. I am also probably going to have to raise CPU Pass accuracy. As far as drops I am really not having problems with them myself. They only time my guys drop the ball is when I throw it too soon and their not looking or they get hit. They don't always drop it when they get hit either. I probably have 2-4 drops a game cpu and user combined. I did have a rain game that was worse but, that's not unrealistic. Sep 11th needs to hurry up and get here so I can see what that is going to do. HA HA I might have to start over

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »