Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #713
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
120 to 140. If two team are going at a real fast pace you'll get the number you got.
Alright Thanks.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #714
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2

Just finished a game on your new, slow sliders and here is what I got. It started off to seem challenging but I guess I got better as the game went on and it was a fairly easy win against a 3-0, defending NFC Champions Saints.

Tennessee Titans at New Orleans Saints
Sep 9, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tennessee Titans (3-1)01414634
New Orleans Saints (3-1)370717
Team Stats Comparison
TENNOR
Total Offense464371
Rushing Yards19561
Passing Yards269310
First Downs2017
Punt Return Yards4816
Kick Return Yards7474
Total Yards586461
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion3-104-14
4th Down Conversion0-00-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/21/1
Penalties3-304-36
Posession Time27:1232:48
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J.Locker23/3626920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C.Johnson241917.92
J.Ringer273.50
J.Locker1-3-3.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K.Wright66410.61
K.Britt610116.80
J.Cook Jr.55811.60
N.Washington3217.01
C.Johnson22211.00
M.Bennett133.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C.McCarthy10100
Z.Brown10000
M.Griffin8000
T.Campbell4100
M.Martin4000
A.Ayers3100
K.Wimbley2100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
R.Bironas2/24/41032
New Orleans Saints
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D.Brees30/4134120
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D.Sproles19492.50
D.Woodhead3144.60
D.Brees1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J.Graham913014.41
L.Moore66410.60
M.Colston55711.40
D.Sproles4307.50
B.Brooks3259.30
D.Woodhead2136.50
Nick Toon11919.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R.Harper10000
C.Lofton5000
J.Greer5000
S.SHanle4000
D.Hawthorne4000
C.Williams4000
K.Barnes4000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
N.Noval1/22/2521
Old 09-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #715
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I wasn't clarifying because of what you said. I just thought someone might think I wanted to hold user team rushing to 50 to 80 yards. Just wanted it to be clear to everyone that I meant Start RB's. I saw what you said after I started quoting myself. LOL. I hope this will help you to get more of a run stopping challenge from the CPU.
Oh, ok, no problem. Yeah, me too, that would round it all out.

And I do just wanna clarify, after the game I'll see the stats and go "Whoa" but it's not blatantly bad during the game. The rest of the sliders seem very solid, but of course if there's something worth fixing might as well address it. But these sliders really are great to play with, so I thank you greatly for that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #716
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey,

just curious what kind of fumble numbers ppl are seeing with the normal speed base set? I've played 4 games with these sliders and I think only my team has fumbled twice. No fumbles by the cpu though. I figured an average number of fumbles per game would be 1 per game or at least every other game. Not necessarily a lost fumble, but a fumble on the ground. I'm even using the "strip" button with the second defender to finish off the tackle. Anybody else tweaked with the sliders on this one? I don't want it to get too crazy with the fumbles, just a little more often. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #717
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj209
Hey,

just curious what kind of fumble numbers ppl are seeing with the normal speed base set? I've played 4 games with these sliders and I think only my team has fumbled twice. No fumbles by the cpu though. I figured an average number of fumbles per game would be 1 per game or at least every other game. Not necessarily a lost fumble, but a fumble on the ground. I'm even using the "strip" button with the second defender to finish off the tackle. Anybody else tweaked with the sliders on this one? I don't want it to get too crazy with the fumbles, just a little more often. Thanks!
I like the fumble sliders lower myself. I like more fumble. I have it a little higher in the base set. Try 8 for the user and CPU.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #718
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I like the fumble sliders lower myself. I like more fumble. I have it a little higher in the base set. Try 8 for the user and CPU.
If you lower the fumble sliders, do they happen more or less often?
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #719
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
If you lower the fumble sliders, do they happen more or less often?
They happen more
Old 09-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #720
Rookie

OVR: 1

So I've played a full season with the Normal Sliders in Online CCM with the Vikings. I used GameFlow exclusively.

I was 6-10.

These sliders are probably the most frustrating and most fun madden experience I've had. Fun because it's challenging... frustrating because of the "unfairness" you have to force in order to make it challenging.

Some interesting stats for my season.

During my 16 games, CPU players that were not a QB fumbled 0 times.
(perhaps CPU fumble needs to go down further... me being stubborn I still hit stick and try to strip all the time and not once forced a fumble in 16 games)

After Week 6 I decided to keep track of holding penalties on kickoffs... In 72 kickoff returns by my team after Week 6, 43 had a holding penalty called. 59% of the time.

The user drops when not being hit by the defense were especially frustrating. I don't switch to the receiver, but I've noticed that it apparently tries to switch to them automatically, so that if you're holding the left stick in anticipation of the catch it will cause them to drop the catch. I find this to be incredibly frustrating that the game can decide that while not controlling the receiver I can cause him to drop the pass.

I had a nasty string of injuries and Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin and Toby Gerhart missed significant time. I don't understand why you think average rushing yards for a starting RB should be 60-80 when teams average something closer to 100-120 per game in real life. It's not like you can have the sliders effectively make up the other yards with backup running backs. I had no trouble getting 100 yards per game when Adrian Peterson was healthy (I never had something ridiculous like 200+ yards) but getting 100 yards as a team (which 26 teams were able to do last year) was damn near impossible without AP.

Defense was pretty frustrating / challenging too. Over the course of the year I put most of my defensive players points into tackle since I was pretty tired of getting all the broken tackles. To almost no effect I might add. Really frustrating to never get stops because of the constant broken tackles. By the end of the season I had players like Brian Robison with 95 tackle and still was getting broken tackles by players like Matt Schaub.

The pass defense was mostly hard because unless I got a sack, which has always been easy to do with LE, the passes were completed easily... errant passes were always dropped by my defense. This is one of the most frustrating things about Madden and, imo, most games. In order to make the game challenging, you have to make the game unfair. You could make the game challenging and fair if EA just made the AI better... smarter. But instead we have to make the CPU defensive players make over the shoulder catches and make my defensive players drop multiple wide open passes.

Kicking is kinda broken. I have a crappy kicker... but I knew my range... anything in clear weather up to like 53 yards I could make with ease... anything farther is impossible so pointless to try. The computer rarely missed a FG. In 16 games, not a single FG, XP or Punt was blocked. I had a couple punt returns for TD, but it always felt like a fluke. I considered just stopping doing kickoff returns but decided to continue with my stats I was taking above. Starting drives off on the 10 yard line obviously does wonders for winning games.

Sorry if all this sounds bitchy, just felt like giving my thoughts. I don't know if I'll continue to use these sliders... Madden is so disappointing this year... I'm not even sure if I'll continue to play. No fantasy draft, no using rosters, no using playbooks, no position changes, no jersey number changes... so many limitations. Oh yeah, no CPU v CPU (sometimes I like to just manage a team and watch it) no Coach Mode. So many of the reasons I have to enjoy this game are gone. Anyways, enough of my disappointments... I appreciate the effort going into these sliders and it sounds like lots of people enjoy them. These sliders provided a very challenging experience and considering my general level of frustration with the real-life Vikings, a realistic one. I feel that most of my frustrations with the game are with the game engine itself and are not easy / possible to change with sliders.
Thanks, charter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »