Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #721
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwinius
So I've played a full season with the Normal Sliders in Online CCM with the Vikings. I used GameFlow exclusively.

I was 6-10.

These sliders are probably the most frustrating and most fun madden experience I've had. Fun because it's challenging... frustrating because of the "unfairness" you have to force in order to make it challenging.

Some interesting stats for my season.

During my 16 games, CPU players that were not a QB fumbled 0 times.
(perhaps CPU fumble needs to go down further... me being stubborn I still hit stick and try to strip all the time and not once forced a fumble in 16 games)

After Week 6 I decided to keep track of holding penalties on kickoffs... In 72 kickoff returns by my team after Week 6, 43 had a holding penalty called. 59% of the time.

The user drops when not being hit by the defense were especially frustrating. I don't switch to the receiver, but I've noticed that it apparently tries to switch to them automatically, so that if you're holding the left stick in anticipation of the catch it will cause them to drop the catch. I find this to be incredibly frustrating that the game can decide that while not controlling the receiver I can cause him to drop the pass.

I had a nasty string of injuries and Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin and Toby Gerhart missed significant time. I don't understand why you think average rushing yards for a starting RB should be 60-80 when teams average something closer to 100-120 per game in real life. It's not like you can have the sliders effectively make up the other yards with backup running backs. I had no trouble getting 100 yards per game when Adrian Peterson was healthy (I never had something ridiculous like 200+ yards) but getting 100 yards as a team (which 26 teams were able to do last year) was damn near impossible without AP.

Defense was pretty frustrating / challenging too. Over the course of the year I put most of my defensive players points into tackle since I was pretty tired of getting all the broken tackles. To almost no effect I might add. Really frustrating to never get stops because of the constant broken tackles. By the end of the season I had players like Brian Robison with 95 tackle and still was getting broken tackles by players like Matt Schaub.

The pass defense was mostly hard because unless I got a sack, which has always been easy to do with LE, the passes were completed easily... errant passes were always dropped by my defense. This is one of the most frustrating things about Madden and, imo, most games. In order to make the game challenging, you have to make the game unfair. You could make the game challenging and fair if EA just made the AI better... smarter. But instead we have to make the CPU defensive players make over the shoulder catches and make my defensive players drop multiple wide open passes.

Kicking is kinda broken. I have a crappy kicker... but I knew my range... anything in clear weather up to like 53 yards I could make with ease... anything farther is impossible so pointless to try. The computer rarely missed a FG. In 16 games, not a single FG, XP or Punt was blocked. I had a couple punt returns for TD, but it always felt like a fluke. I considered just stopping doing kickoff returns but decided to continue with my stats I was taking above. Starting drives off on the 10 yard line obviously does wonders for winning games.

Sorry if all this sounds bitchy, just felt like giving my thoughts. I don't know if I'll continue to use these sliders... Madden is so disappointing this year... I'm not even sure if I'll continue to play. No fantasy draft, no using rosters, no using playbooks, no position changes, no jersey number changes... so many limitations. Oh yeah, no CPU v CPU (sometimes I like to just manage a team and watch it) no Coach Mode. So many of the reasons I have to enjoy this game are gone. Anyways, enough of my disappointments... I appreciate the effort going into these sliders and it sounds like lots of people enjoy them. These sliders provided a very challenging experience and considering my general level of frustration with the real-life Vikings, a realistic one. I feel that most of my frustrations with the game are with the game engine itself and are not easy / possible to change with sliders.
Thanks, charter
I will comment more later. Really love the feed back though. I just quickly wanted to address the starting RB average per game thing. I didn't say total team rushing yards. I meant you starting back. Elite backs can have more though. I just don't want an average back gaining 1200 yards a season. If a RB gains 1,500 for the season that would only be 93.75 per game. So if you have a average or bad back he might get 800 yards. That would be an average of 50 per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #722
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I will comment more later. Really love the feed back though. I just quickly wanted to address the starting RB average per game thing. I didn't say total team rushing yards. I meant you starting back. Elite backs can have more though. I just don't want an average back gaining 1200 yards a season. If a RB gains 1,500 for the season that would only be 93.75 per game. So if you have a average or bad back he might get 800 yards. That would be an average of 50 per game.
A lot of people just don't get this. I agree with you one thousand percent. People think they should be averaging 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #723
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
A lot of people just don't get this. I agree with you one thousand percent. People think they should be averaging 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson
I guess I feel it should be based on yards per carry because that makes more sense. It's not unreasonable to get 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson if he carries it 30+ times. That's up to the user to decide. I used gameflow so I wasn't really choosing between run and pass, but to try to get a user rushing amount between a certain number when people testing could be between 10-40 rushing attempts is kinda dumb. Unless you base it on yards per carry you're not really judging difficulty of running at all.

Also, I believe people saying rushing is too easy most just be calling money rushing plays... because using gameflow calls up all the crappy WR runs and other crap running plays that made playing this very hard.

I think the basis for me reacting negatively to the statement about the RBs mostly has to do with the fact that without AP I had 0 rushing game... like 3 yards a carry if I was lucky... which is fine... but the thought of making it harder is cringe worthy for me.

Last edited by Kerwinius; 09-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #724
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Charter I like how you think regarding looking for a challenge. I know you have your base set posted but what current tweaks have you implemented into your personal set you use?

I'm going to start a real ccm soon after testing sliders for 3 seasons worth once I settle on a set

OS Blog

Old 09-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #725
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just thought I'd note, using the newest sliders, I'm still averaging over 8.0 YPC and 200 yards rushing with Ray Rice and the Ravens, which leads to 35+ PPG. Yes, it's Ray Rice, yes, it's a fairly good offensive line, but four straight games of 8+ YPC is clearly too much, though, so I'm thinking of dropping the Run Block rating even further. It seems to be the blocking on the edge that just can't be stopped as opposed to breaking a lot of tackles.

Your thoughts? I obviously haven't done as much research as you have, what effects do you start seeing at low 30's Run Block?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #726
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwinius
I guess I feel it should be based on yards per carry because that makes more sense. It's not unreasonable to get 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson if he carries it 30+ times. That's up to the user to decide. I used gameflow so I wasn't really choosing between run and pass, but to try to get a user rushing amount between a certain number when people testing could be between 10-40 rushing attempts is kinda dumb. Unless you base it on yards per carry you're not really judging difficulty of running at all.

Also, I believe people saying rushing is too easy most just be calling money rushing plays... because using gameflow calls up all the crappy WR runs and other crap running plays that made playing this very hard.

I think the basis for me reacting negatively to the statement about the RBs mostly has to do with the fact that without AP I had 0 rushing game... like 3 yards a carry if I was lucky... which is fine... but the thought of making it harder is cringe worthy for me.
You hit the nail on the head as far as play calling. I had to switch to gameflow or else I would never have a negative rush, ever. I understand where you are coming from for sure

OS Blog

Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #727
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
Just thought I'd note, using the newest sliders, I'm still averaging over 8.0 YPC and 200 yards rushing with Ray Rice and the Ravens, which leads to 35+ PPG. Yes, it's Ray Rice, yes, it's a fairly good offensive line, but four straight games of 8+ YPC is clearly too much, though, so I'm thinking of dropping the Run Block rating even further. It seems to be the blocking on the edge that just can't be stopped as opposed to breaking a lot of tackles.

Your thoughts? I obviously haven't done as much research as you have, what effects do you start seeing at low 30's Run Block?
I haven't found a slider/setting combo yet that stops user tosses from always popping off. Let me know what you guys find with this

OS Blog

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #728
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I haven't found a slider/setting combo yet that stops user tosses from always popping off. Let me know what you guys find with this
That's the reason I have CPU Rush Defense Reaction 100, and also it helps having Speed Threshold 100 which I found oddly while hurting the outside runs of the USER, helps the CPU running game. I believe it helps the CPUs short runs up the middle to gain a few more yards. At the same time a lower thresh would probably help them get more 'big plays' so ive been toying with lowering it a little to around 70-80 as long as it doesnt make the outside runs for the USER gimmies. But these two settings help me get those outside runs under control and less of a 'sure thing' that way I don't have to limit myself on the plays I call. Its a very delicate balance this slider business as we all know

I try to play as sim as I can but I also want to keep all my options open in terms of running plays and routes to throw to. I use high CPU sliders to plug holes in the AI while i'm on offense such as the CPU Rush Reaction and CPU Interceptions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »