Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #825
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Miami Dolphins at Seattle Seahawks
Oct 29, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (1-0)00336
Seattle Seahawks (0-1)00033
Team Stats Comparison
MIASEA
Total Offense330276
Rushing Yards72135
Passing Yards258141
First Downs1615
Punt Return Yards8232
Kick Return Yards2446
Total Yards436354
Turnovers2(-2)0(+2)
3rd Down Converstion5-15(33%)8-20(40%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/10/0
Penalties1-102-20
Posession Time21:5238:08
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
K. Angle23/4126002
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Wright20723.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
X. Bass57615.20
D. Wright5244.80
J. McDonald57314.60
S. Stephenson44812.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
D. Carpenter2/30/0649
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Fields840951.12
Seattle Seahawks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Flynn17/3215800
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lynch361012.80
M. Flynn2126.00
R. Wilson12222.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Rice4235.70
B. Edwards33411.30
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
A. Henery1/20/0350
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
J. Ryan1044844.81

Just finished my first game...here's the box score. First thing I have to say...goddamn, that was a close game. People have said it before, but your sliders get better and better, Wiz.

So, couple of notes from my game. First thing I want to draw attention to is punting - I had 8 punts in the game to the CPU's 10. I don't think I've ever punted so much in Madden before, and that...is...awesome. It felt so realistic ending up in so many 3 and out situations. This is what I've been looking for, a CPU that can play defense against me for an entire game. You can see from the score it was a close one - they tied it up in the 4th, and I managed to hit a 49-yarder with :01 second left on the clock. Which brings me to my next point...

Field goals. I really like your field goal house rules. My kickers are averaging NFL stats now, kicking around 80-85% in a season. The only thing that is kind of BS is using your house rules on those really short ones - there just isn't enough distance for the kick to hook. The field goal I missed was a 22-yarder from the 5 yard line. I think on the short ones, I'm just going to take it as a gimme.

The run game was tough - for both sides. My team is a pass first team, and except for a long one I broke for about 30 yards, my RB was held in check. I was totally okay with this because Seattle has a tough run defense. On the other side, my run defense isn't exactly tops, so I was surprised at Lynch's low average. He broke a big one early, but that was about it. I'll see what happens in the next few games, but this one seemed kind of easy to stop the run.

My only other issues were with play calling and subs. I don't think Seattle threw more than 5 times in the first half. The run game was getting yards for them, so that kind of makes sense, but it leads to my biggest frustration as of yet - why the hell is Lynch getting 36 touches without the backup getting any? Their run game might have been more effective if Lynch wasn't so fatigued. Likewise, my backup didn't get a single carry either. It's relatively minor, but there has to be a way to get this fixed. Have you futzed with fatigue at all? I usually play with it at 65 and it works pretty well. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Overall, I think I'm in love with these sliders. I'll post again after a few more games to let you know how they work further into the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #826
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Miami Dolphins at Seattle Seahawks
Oct 29, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (1-0)00336
Seattle Seahawks (0-1)00033
Team Stats Comparison

MIASEA
Total Offense330276
Rushing Yards72135
Passing Yards258141
First Downs1615
Punt Return Yards8232
Kick Return Yards2446
Total Yards436354
Turnovers2(-2)0(+2)
3rd Down Converstion5-15(33%)8-20(40%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/10/0
Penalties1-102-20
Posession Time21:5238:08
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
K. Angle23/4126002
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Wright20723.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
X. Bass57615.20
D. Wright5244.80
J. McDonald57314.60
S. Stephenson44812.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
D. Carpenter2/30/0649
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Fields840951.12
Seattle Seahawks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Flynn17/3215800
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Lynch361012.80
M. Flynn2126.00
R. Wilson12222.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Rice4235.70
B. Edwards33411.30
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
A. Henery1/20/0350
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
J. Ryan1044844.81

Just finished my first game...here's the box score. First thing I have to say...goddamn, that was a close game. People have said it before, but your sliders get better and better, Wiz.

So, couple of notes from my game. First thing I want to draw attention to is punting - I had 8 punts in the game to the CPU's 10. I don't think I've ever punted so much in Madden before, and that...is...awesome. It felt so realistic ending up in so many 3 and out situations. This is what I've been looking for, a CPU that can play defense against me for an entire game. You can see from the score it was a close one - they tied it up in the 4th, and I managed to hit a 49-yarder with :01 second left on the clock. Which brings me to my next point...

Field goals. I really like your field goal house rules. My kickers are averaging NFL stats now, kicking around 80-85% in a season. The only thing that is kind of BS is using your house rules on those really short ones - there just isn't enough distance for the kick to hook. The field goal I missed was a 22-yarder from the 5 yard line. I think on the short ones, I'm just going to take it as a gimme.

The run game was tough - for both sides. My team is a pass first team, and except for a long one I broke for about 30 yards, my RB was held in check. I was totally okay with this because Seattle has a tough run defense. On the other side, my run defense isn't exactly tops, so I was surprised at Lynch's low average. He broke a big one early, but that was about it. I'll see what happens in the next few games, but this one seemed kind of easy to stop the run.

My only other issues were with play calling and subs. I don't think Seattle threw more than 5 times in the first half. The run game was getting yards for them, so that kind of makes sense, but it leads to my biggest frustration as of yet - why the hell is Lynch getting 36 touches without the backup getting any? Their run game might have been more effective if Lynch wasn't so fatigued. Likewise, my backup didn't get a single carry either. It's relatively minor, but there has to be a way to get this fixed. Have you futzed with fatigue at all? I usually play with it at 65 and it works pretty well. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Overall, I think I'm in love with these sliders. I'll post again after a few more games to let you know how they work further into the season.

Thanks for the heads up pimp.... FYI, I have some wiggle room built in to the SPEED THRESH to "loosen" up the gameplay a bit if we find it to be too conservative.... I believe, have to test it to be sure, but I think we can go as low as 62 with Speed Thresh...

Regarding short kicks, yup, I agree... use the left stick to aim it, then kick the rock.... That's what I do on FG's inside the 10 yard line....

You see that is the beauty of our thread, since we now know how the HUM / CPU running game works, that it is a "triad relationship", I built in a little wiggle room...So if need be, we can bump the Speed Thresh down in increments of 2 or 3 units and see how the running game and scoring improves on both side of the pigskin....

Appreciate the feedback, keep the thread in the loop...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-29-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #827
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Got a few more quarters of play in, everything is closed tomorrow so hopefully can do a full game! some feedback:

I am using the OP sliders and USER Rushing is feeling better now that I am adjusting to the added difficulty. I quite like it and it feels more realisitc. The key for me has been to pass first to setup the run, be careful in selecting my running plays, and most of all not following the exact run on as the diagram shows but watching how the line develops and choosing a different hole if needed. Don't be afraid to change direction and stray from the play art. Using Shonn greene i am happy being able to avg 3.5 yards it feels reasonable and I feel I can do that if I play smart.

The issue i am now having is USER passing being too easy. Using Sanchez so obviously it shouldnt feel easy but it does. I truly believe that the USER QB Accuracy slider is the one slider that should be changed to the users preference. In fact I believe that it should be a different number depending on the QB you are using. If you are using a Tom Brady then 7 would feel good. But with a Mark Sanchez I am going to try 5 and go as low as 4 if needed.

Defense I have seen a mixed bag. I feel the CPU offense isn't as productive as I want them to be. When I am on my game and calling the right defense I can shut them down pretty badly. I need to play more however. I am talking shutting down the run and the pass not just the run. I really don't want to have to AskMadden on D so I am going to keep seeing how they do.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #828
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Got a few more quarters of play in, everything is closed tomorrow so hopefully can do a full game! some feedback:

I am using the OP sliders and USER Rushing is feeling better now that I am adjusting to the added difficulty. I quite like it and it feels more realisitc. The key for me has been to pass first to setup the run, be careful in selecting my running plays, and most of all not following the exact run on as the diagram shows but watching how the line develops and choosing a different hole if needed. Don't be afraid to change direction and stray from the play art. Using Shonn greene i am happy being able to avg 3.5 yards it feels reasonable and I feel I can do that if I play smart.

The issue i am now having is USER passing being too easy. Using Sanchez so obviously it shouldnt feel easy but it does. I truly believe that the USER QB Accuracy slider is the one slider that should be changed to the users preference. In fact I believe that it should be a different number depending on the QB you are using. If you are using a Tom Brady then 7 would feel good. But with a Mark Sanchez I am going to try 5 and go as low as 4 if needed.

Defense I have seen a mixed bag. I feel the CPU offense isn't as productive as I want them to be. When I am on my game and calling the right defense I can shut them down pretty badly. I need to play more however. I am talking shutting down the run and the pass not just the run. I really don't want to have to AskMadden on D so I am going to keep seeing how they do.
To me when you ask madden it makes the game WAY better...
seems to me when you pick your own play its way more affective
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #829
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputney23
I agree for Offense. I love using AskMadden on offense I have more variety that way and better run/pass ratios.

On defense however I can't stand it. I am only using Askmadden when the CPU needs 2 yards or less. The AskMadden system picks awful plays in awful situations and it just is realistic. If its 3rd and 4, and the CPU Offense sends out 2 RB 2 TE formation why is AskMadden giving me the option of choosing between 3 Zone coverage plays??? I hate hate hate it. I also love the feeling of picking my own plays knowing that it was ME that came up with the stop to end the CPUs drive or stop them to a FG when they had me on my heels. I love trying to be creative and come up with new looks. Choosing my personell to send on the field. Resting guys that are fatigued. All the strategic stuff. Using AskMadden feels the same as using Super Sim on D to me.

To borrow from the great slider guru mkharsh for a second.. I was a huge fan of his MLB 2k12 sliders it really brought that game to life he got them perfected. What he did in that game is jack the CPU hitting power to bascially 100 and the reason is he wanted to feel the CPU was 1 mistake away from hititng a bomb. That tense feeling that you only get if the CPU is a beast. Makes you change your own playing style. I want that similar feeling in Madden but its harder to do without breaking things.

If there is a way to be able to keep myself picking my own defensive plays either through limiting myself with house rules, or jacking the CPU sliders a little bit and sacrificing animations I think i'd do it. The CPU hasn't been awful every game, and it's the Bills I am testing againt. Got the Steelers next week so we will see. If I regularly shut teams down then obvioulsy I need to do something different, but to me AskMadden on defense is not the answer. Making the CPU offense more competitive by throwing stupid plays at them in the wrong situations is the wrong way to do it, I wanna feel like crap when I pick the wrong play and they beat me and like a king when I make the correct choice and shut 'em down
Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #830
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Jan 1, 1234F
NYG ()107926
PHI ()3147731
Top Performers
PASS: -
RUSH: -
REC: -
Team Stats Comparison
NYGPHI
First Downs1720
3rd Down Efficiency7-118-12
4th Down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards459561
Passing Yards114270
Rushing Yards239170
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-257-33
Turnovers01
Time of Possession25:3134:29
Scoring Summary
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Vick18/2429720
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
McCoy301374.50
Lewis5355.02
Vick1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Celek46716.70
McCoy33210.61
Maclin36421.31
Jackson37023.30
Avant33511.60
Lewis199.00
Johnson12020.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Havilli10
McCoy01
Herremans01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Ryans9100
Landri1100
Cole2100
Hunt2100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Henery1/14/4756
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
McBriar15959.00
Philadelphia Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Manning14/2214410
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bradshaw201859.22
Brown6549.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Barden4389.51
Hicks33612.000
Bradshaw22914.50
Cruz22110.50
Jernigan11818.00
Brown100.00
Bennett122.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Boothe11
Brewer01
Mosley01
Bennett01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Umenyiora2100
Pierre-Paul4100
Boley5100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Tynes2/22/2844
PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
Weatherford14848.00

NOTES:

-Vick was REALLY accurate. Your previous set I was throwing picks a lot so I can't tell if I just had a big game or if the sliders are too easy.
-The CPU run game DOMINATED me. If it wasn't for me putting together long drives that allowed me to control clock and score they would've killed me.
-One sack fumble by both teams.
-Overall I enjoyed the way that the game played. Gonna play more to see if I just had a great game or not.

-Also Celek had a catch where he was hit out at the one. In game scoreboard had me only winning by 3 but post game it said Vick had 3 TD's and Celek had 1 but that wasn't the case. The REAL final score said 31-26 while after the game it said 37-26. Not sure if anyone else has seen this.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #831
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputney23

Waddup bro? Yeah, my lab data supports what you say.... I believe what you are trying to say, is that when YOU PICK YOUR OWN PLAY, your own defensive selection IS A LOT MORE EFFECTIVE than that selection chosen by Ask Madden.... Am I correct? Your ebonics (he, he, he) threw me off, so I apologize if I did not get your contribution/feedback properly...

That having been said, let's move forward to address your observation...In my lab testing, I spent more hours than I care to count, trying to figure out how M13 deals with defensive play calling, specifically how the CPU offensive game plan handles defensive play calling from the HUM, either by using Ask Madden, or by self-selection by the HUM.

So, to get to the bottom of my concern, I devised the following test:

I first started my test in Ask Madden.... What I did was track for a period of 32 quarters, all of the MTM (man-to-man) blitz packages out of the 4-3 package that Ask Madden provided to me as a choice. I then would choose this package and track how many times the CPU offensive game plan, ran right into the teeth of my 4-3 blitz package with MTM coverage. Over the course of 32 quarters, that type of blitz package came up less than 5% of the time, in other words, about 4-5 times during AN ENTIRE game. Well, every time it came up, of course I would choose it, and from there I would track what type of offensive play all that the CPU would dial up against it. I did notice that when Ask Madden did provide me that option for HUM defense, it was either on a first down play, or on a shorter yardage play (4 yards or less for the first down) for the CPU. After I would select that type of defense, the CPU ran into the teeth of the defense three times, and that happened on a 3rd and short yardage plays. All of the other times, the defense chose a screen (5 times), short route pass (7 times), long route pass (8 times), outside tackle pitch/sweep/power run (5 time), draw (4 times). The play came up 34 times over 32 quarters. I picked up two sacks.

I then did the exact same test over 32 quarters. Except this time, I would AUDIBLE the 4-3 blitz package with MTM coverage myself every time I was given a 4-3 defense package. So in other words, after I would choose the 4-3 defense from Ask Madden, I would then hit the audible button to select an audible 4-3 blitz package with MTM coverage before the ball was snapped. Very different results. The 4-3 package came up about 38 times a game. So, on 38 occasions I dialed up my 4-3 blitz MTM coverage audible. The CPU ran into the teeth of the defense about 11 times out of those 38 times. Separately, I picked up a total of 4 sacks in those 38 times. What I did not see were too many screens (2), draws (2), or short routes (5), outside tackle runs (4). Longer and medium route passes took the cake with 12 attempts.

The conclusions that I drew from my informal test were that it's almost as if the A.I. cannot "adjust/audible into a better offensive play" to counter the defensive play you chose a 4-3 blitz with MTM coverage via the audible, AFTER the Ask Madden original play was chosen... It's as if when you do Ask Madden, the A.I. already has the proper corresponding play that complements the defensive selection, in other words, it's as if the A.I. "can see your cards" and knows what is the high percentage play to use against your hand. Yet, when you change your hand, the A.I. does not audible into a higher percentage success play against you and in fact seems to stay in the complementing play that was "pre-chosen" to match any of the 3 play option that Ask Madden originally provided...

Now, my data has also indicated that when the CPU A.I. does call a run, it is usually a run between the tackles (about 2/3rds of the time). This may explain why when I audibled my 4-3 MTM coverage blitz package after selecting my Ask Madden play, the CPU A.I. did not adjust. Yet when the same blitz package was chosen as an Ask Madden option, no audibling, the CPU A.I. did not run into the teeth of the defense, but rather tried to find a good play to counter the aggressive defense I selected.

Moral of the story: If and when you decide to call you own Defensive plays, avoid OVERLY aggressive Defensive play calling/constant blitzing, because the CPU A.I., CANNOT/DOES NOT audible into a play with a greater chance of success to counter the HUM play calling. If you don't heed this suggestion, these sliders will BLOW for you.

Don't know the numbers for Game Flow, maybe some bro in this thread with no life, may want to address this test...

Peace.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-29-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #832
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

Stay safe my friend .... Envy the fact that you have a LEGIT excuse to play Madden all day.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Regarding the passing, that is easy to fix, since it is not tied to the SPEED THRESH. Simply drop it from 7 to 6 or 5 or even 4. DO NOT mess with WR CTCH, because this has less of an impact on pass completion stats.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »