Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #865
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Wizzzzz

Are you gonna post a set for harder difficulty for ppl that like to call their own D? if so hows that goin my comrade?

I added another house rule to my personal archive and that would be not to throw to TE's on streaks. Its an auto 40 yard pass it seems every time I use it. Sad we need to limit ourselves so much, if I was working on madden and I cared about the game id get feedback from the slider gurus. Imagine if the gameplay out of the box with all sliders 50 were how this set plays then we could tweak it from there mmmMmm
Waddup pimp? I am working on two things.... 1) Finish the master slider set so that all that are interested can get on with finally starting a legit CCM franchise from scratch...and 2) Tinker with an "ELITE" setting...

My concern with the "ELITE" slider setting is that IT KILLS the underlying attributes of the CPU's players.... As an example, dialing up CPU RUN BLK, while lowering SPEED THRESH, will create Adrian Peterson's out of every running back... This would not be realistic.... Yes, you at that point could call your own defensive plays to STOP the mack truck, but it would not be a true sim....

If you would like a "peek" at what that tweak may be like, take a look at Jarrod21's rainbow set of sliders... You will notice that at his most elite setting, "blacks" if I am not mistaken, the CPU sliders give an inherent advantage to the CPU A.I., in essence making the player attributes dialed in by EA, secondary to the dialed in sliders...It's All-Madden on 'roids, it's as if you are playing against the sliders and not the player attributes... Don't get me wrong, I do dial in Jarrod21's sliders EVERY YEAR and love the challenge (in fact was playing with them just last night in Play Now mode, cuz I felt like getting a thrashing from the CPU), love his work, dude is straight out an O.G. when it comes to slider work for Madden.

Soooo, that having been said, not sure how quite to deal with an ELITE sim slider set... I have considered, using up the 300 units available for the CPU side of the sliders in All-Madden setting. At the present time, I am only using 160 units, so there is PLENTY of room for tweaking and making the HUM experience a lot more challenging.... Of course, I would leave the HUM sliders pretty much as is, if anything, possibly futz with the QB ACC and WR CTCH, down some clicks for HUM....

Let me work on it in lab... As long as the thread is willing to give up on some of the player attributes realism from the CPU side of the equation, an ELITE set could be a lot of fun, and challenging... Of course, we will never get to Eden this way, and the "true sim" experience will be only an afterthought.... BUT.... Certainly, AT THAT POINT, the white gloves WILL come off and it's time to get down and dirty and call our own defensive plays and stress every snap, because just the slightest loss of focus, WILL cost you the game...And that, may not be a bad trade-off for less attribute based realism....

Stay tuned...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #866
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had 0 drops, CPU had 4
I had 4 sacks on CPU, CPU had 1 on me

Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers (Me)10133733
New York Giants (CPU)01001525
Team Stats Comparison
PITNYG
Total Offense584399
Rushing Yards9086
Passing Yards494313
First Downs1918
Punt Return Yards2217
Kick Return Yards71188
Total Yards677604
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion83
4th Down Conversion02
2-Point Conversion01
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/31/1
Penalties030
Posession Time37:3122:29
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B.Roethlisberger23/3350232
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R.Mendenhall30832.80
J.Dwyer362.00
A.Brown133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M.Wallace1030830.82
H.Miller47318.30
A.Brown47318.31
J.Cotchery2199.50
R.Mendenhall22412.00
J.Dwyer155.00
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
E.Manning23/4433731
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A.Bradshaw17844.90
E.Manning122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
V.Cruz912814.20
D.Walker58116.21
D.Hixon49022.51
H.Nicks3268.70
A.Robinson155.01
R.Randle177.00

Last edited by Steelers23; 11-02-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #867
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers23
I had 0 drops, CPU had 4
I had 4 sacks on CPU, CPU had 1 on me

Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers (Me)10133733
New York Giants (CPU)01001525
Team Stats Comparison

PITNYG
Total Offense584399
Rushing Yards9086
Passing Yards494313
First Downs1918
Punt Return Yards2217
Kick Return Yards71188
Total Yards677604
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion83
4th Down Conversion02
2-Point Conversion01
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/31/1
Penalties030
Posession Time37:3122:29
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B.Roethlisberger23/3350232
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R.Mendenhall30832.80
J.Dwyer362.00
A.Brown133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M.Wallace1030830.82
H.Miller47318.30
A.Brown47318.31
J.Cotchery2199.50
R.Mendenhall22412.00
J.Dwyer155.00
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
E.Manning23/4433731
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A.Bradshaw17844.90
E.Manning122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
V.Cruz912814.20
D.Walker58116.21
D.Hixon49022.51
H.Nicks3268.70
A.Robinson155.01
R.Randle177.00

Thank you, thank you, thank you, loyal follower.... Certainly the QB ACC slider is a bit high for HUM and possibly CPU as well....

Stud, do me a favor, dial down QB ACC for CPU down to 5 and dial HUM down to six for a couple of games....

Then, drop us a line on how the stat lines turn out.... I am currently tinkering with this as well, and hope to post some box scores if not tonight, certainly by the end of the weekend....

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 11-02-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #868
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahughes53
Ok, so I have played around 8 or so games, and I have to say these give the best games in terms of scoring and yardage that I have used, maybe ever in a Madden game. Pretty impressed, posting the box scores is a pain, so I'll maybe post some when I have more time.

A couple things I've noticed.

The speed. I have fast receivers, possibly the fastest in Wallace and a very shifty and fast back in Rainey, and they just aren't with the threshold where it's at. Wallace doesn't take the top off of defenses which is fine, because my big plays are few and far between, but when I throw a vert, any CB covering him keeps pace. It's the same with the Derek Wolfe thing I posted earlier. Rainey could chased down from behind running full speed by Ryan Kerrigan in my last game. So, if I don't pay attention to the little things, these sliders work fantastically and make the games fun and different game to game.

No big hits for the user, on either end. I just can't seem to truck over anyone or lay the wood. I have one of the hardest hitting safeties in Ryan Clark and he never lays the lumber in this game, the CPU just always seems to run me over even if I do make the tackle, they fall forward, no matter who I am. Perfect example was I stuffed the run against the Titans with James Harrison, and Darius Reynaud trucked over him for like 5 yards. As Isaac Redman, Mendenhall, and Dwyer, all powerful backs with high trucking, one on one with a corner I almost always get stood up or tackled sideways. It's a little frustrating, just because I should at least be able to fall forward.

No runs up the middle. Kind of to the degree of he no running over, over the middle I can't seem to fall forward, I'm always stood up or knocked back. The lineman always shed right as soon as I get the ball, to get any yards I have to run off tackle plays or bust a dive to the outside.

Now, the one set I used before all the dynamic stuff was spot on, really nice animations, good battles up front, occasional big hits, trucks, jukes, etc. But the gameplay was a little too easy. I'm thinking of running some tests on moving block shedding and tackling to those slider settings with these ones and seeing what happens. The threshold is confusing to me, because everyone says something different, but I feel like this one is close, just a little bit too slow. So I'll keep you guys posted. Otherwise, great work and these are making my CCM quite the pleasure to actually play games in!

Welcome to Eden!

Collectively, this thread has managed to cobble together a posse of dedicated, Maddenites that seek the promised land of the Holy Grail of Madden, in other words, a sim football experience that turns the game we love on Sundays, into virtual video-sim battles Monday through Saturdays in our living rooms, dens, bedrooms, garages, dog houses, and for those lucky ones, man-caves....

That has been the promise of this thread since its inception and M13 has certainly been the closest that we have ever come to reaching the Holy Grail of Madden....

Thanks to peeps like yourself, the contributions and observations you bring, have really raised the level of quality for these SIM-SLIDERS to an unprecedented level...

With regards to your observations, I know EXACTLY where the issue is... It's a trade-off that I had to make about 2 weeks ago..... The issue, is as follows...

You can "open up" the game by dropping SPEED THRESH to 50. The problem is that once that you drop the SPEED THRESH to 61 or lower, the HUM running game becomes, LAUGHABLY easy around the edges, and the CPU running game turns even average RB's into BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTS .... Now, at this point to counter the "dis-balance" in the HUM running game you can begin cranking up CPU DEF SLIDERS, such as taking the CPU RUN REAC to 65+, CPU TKL to 40+, and CPU BLK SHED to 35+.... And to tame the mack truck, the CPU running game, you are going to have to crank up HUM DEF Sliders.... At this point, you are walking down a slipper slope, where you no longer are playing against a virtual simile of an NFL franchise, but rather, you are playing against slider settings, in other words, you have tuned M13 into more of a video game experience rather than a sim-experience that tries to emulate the game we all love on Sundays....

I guess I have been spoiled by 2k Sports, and Sony Studios.... For any of you peeps that have played NBA 2K titles or MLB the Show titles, you know what I mean.... Creating a sim-experience sports game IS POSSIBLE and I believe it is what a lot of the Madden community yearns for, year in and year out..... I mean, read all the threads this year here in OS.... The consistent them is "realism", "sim", "just like the real NFL", yada, yada, yada....

What you will soon find out, if you spend enough time tuning sliders on M13, it is the following FACT: The lower that you take the SPEED THRESH, the more that you have to futz with the sliders to get competitive balance in the running game... In other words, it forces you to change the underlying running sliders to strike a balance on the side of competitiveness, because IF YOU DON'T futz with the CPU/HUM defensive run sliders, then you will have stat lines that would be average CPU RB's getting 250+ yards a game, on 16 or so carries, yup, not realistic... A lot of fun, but NOT REALISTIC to the game we see on Sunday...

At the end of the day, it is about trade-offs for your style or preference in play... I like a sim-experience, and am willing to make some trade-offs... Having less separation is part of my trade-off formula....

Here are some tips to consider:

1) Separation - Futz with SPEED THRESH, bring it closer to 50 or even 0!! ... OR establish the run and then use play action

2) Lack of big hits... Futz with the TKL slider.... Raising the TKL slider DOES NOT make the defense better tacklers, but rather, it unleashes the "cartoonish" blasts that some Maddenites crave, but Roger Goodell frown upon .... Think of it this way... Raising the WR CTCH slider does not necessarily improve your WR ability to CATCH the ball, but rather unleashes the cool "spectacular catch animations" that you should be seeing at WR CTCH 55 (one hand catches, more diving catches, etc.).... It also aids the WR in route running and to a slight degree better catch percentage in traffic.... So, raising the TKL slider does not necessarily help you tackle better, but instead unleashes the beastly hits and cool animation tackles that some of crave....

3) Break tackles for up the middle runs: Similar suggestion as tackling.... Raising the BRK TKL slider for both HUM & CPU to 25+ will return you to those spot on animations that we have seen from a previous iteration of these sliders.... Again though, the game can get cartoonish quick.... For example, if you keep the right stick pressed forward while the BRK TKL setting is set to 25+, you will see, your RB bowl get gang tackled, and then "magically" seem to morph from a crumbling heap into the ground, into suddenly seeing the RB's legs starting to churn as he emerges from the bottom of the gang tackle and continue trucking... Personally, not my cup of tea, but CERTAINLY lot's of fun....

Just some food for thought...

Keep postin, share your experiences and criticisms, cuz you never know how it could radically change our collective quest for the Holy Grail of Madden, bringing Sunday's realism, to our Flats through M13 .... Lates.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #869
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's the tough part and one of the reasons I'm not sure ill even waste my time testing. Since this is the best in terms of actual gameplay and stats I've had, I can live with it. It's not the sliders it's the game, an I know wha you mean. I am am a 2k addict, I wait for a couple of months for the rosters and sliders an draft classes to come out. I hope the lawsuit against ea goes through, cause that could mean another 2k football sooner rather then later.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #870

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

No, no, no. Don't turn this thread into a 2k thread. That ship has sailed, especially here.

Anyways life and other games have had me in non-madden mode for a while, can't wait to come back and see how the patches I have missed play with these babies. Need to be back in testing mode at some point.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #871
Pro

Boys:

The lady is out getting toasted with her girlfriends.... He, he, he... You know what that means, right?.... to the M-A-N C-A-V-E, Batman......

Reading between the lines, you ladies are willing to sacrifice realism from player attributes for smacking around UFC style...So be it....After all, what is a Madden video game without an appropriate dose of doozy tackles and shoulder lowering trucks to shuck off defenders?

Since the election is next week, I figured we should have an election of our own at this critical junction of our slider development, since the way I am reading the feedback I am getting in Private Messaging and on the thread is that y'all greedy S.O.B.'s who want MMMMOOOOOOOORRRRRRE....

So if ya want MO, then VOTE peep...

Here is the way this thing is going to go down....

Since we can all relate to fine ladies, you basically have two styles to choose from...

Style #1) the Sofia Vergara set.... Hot, spicy, unpredictable, SMOKING... Watch yo back dog, this lady don't play by the house rules, if ya git my drift...This lady will make yo Gran Pappy feel 18 again....Da type of lady that yo Daddy makes sure never to forget her birthday, if ya know what I mean

versus, Style #2) the Jennifer Aniston Set... Friendly, Girl Next Door, Safe, Won't bite.... Will make yo Momma proud and not offend all the ladies in yo family....

You choose... Vergara style, or Aniston style?

Choose Vergara and this is what you'll get:

1) Separation will be addressed, fo shooo...
2) Beast tackling that will vibrate the controller right out of your hand, and force your virtual player to pick up his fillings off of the turf....
3) Improved trucking, that will BEG that you bring more than one tackler to the party....
4) Loosen up the game, forcing you to be SUPER FOCUSED, cuz one misread, one mis-tackle, and the CPU is going to the HOUSE....In other words, potentially you can lose every game, meaning MO CHALLENGE....
5) Bye-bye Ask Madden house rules, hello "the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ House Rules" (Translation: You will be controlling a lot more plays on D and O, on the one down, that COUNTS the most... If you thought that some of my previous concoctions were revolutionary to your M13 game experience, this new "twist" is guaranteed to wear out the springs of your controller buttons as YOU WILL NOT want to quit playing M13.... You are forewarned, what you will get, WILL CAUSE problems with your significant other, as you will be ABSOLUTELY addicted with my "twist")
6) Player attributes WILL SUFFER for CPU teams you face, meaning average players will play like solid, and at times (On Defense especially), like All-Pro's...

or... Go with Aniston....

Aniston style you will get:

1) Ask Madden / Gameflow all the time except for last 2 minutes of each half...
2) Futz slightly with SPEED THRESH one or two clicks, and tune CPU running game sliders accordingly
3) Solid play, but not a stressful challenge to win, game to game....
4) Sliders tuned to respect player attributes for the CPU teams you will face, stats to reflect players attributes ...

I have been saying all along, YOU guys dictate the direction and what you want the game to do.... I just use my expertise to tune it for you, while striking a balance with realism....So...BRING IT ON I say.....

Give me your VOTE!!!!!

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 11-03-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #872
Rookie

OVR: 1

My Vote: #2

I'm all for Realism and Sim. I don't want to play NFL Blitz or some Arcade rubbish. If I have to Game Flow or make other sacrifices to get realism/stats and SIM play out of the AI then so be it. These sliders are already soooo close. I would hate to see this direction go south The ATTRIBUTES of the player is the most important part of the game. If attributes aren't going to be accounted for I don't see what's the point of even playing the game. I would love for my players to actually matter....

I tried many other sliders before yours Wiz and never have I experienced as much realism. If others want more of a challenge and don't want realism their are many other slider sets that are EXACTLY like that hot mama (Sofia Vergara #1). Those slider sets are everywhere....they shouldn't be hard to find. Cheese-fest!!! Money plays!!! Constantly blitzing!!! Etc... is the only way to win. How is this enjoyable? To each his own.....

You are going in the right direction! We are almost there! Stay the course......
Holy Grail of Madden is the goal.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »