Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1169
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
I'd agree with a reduction in tackling. After a few more games I went ahead and started another new ccm, and I am using the preseason to test a couple of ideas out. I did lower the tackling as well, but to 48 instead if 45. Still seeing the improved realism that you mentioned, but solo tackles still occur when they should imo. But with the lower tackling, I have a feeling that fumbles will also need to be lowered to keep pace. Not making the change yet, just something I'll watch.

Was Rodgers under a lot of pressure? If so, it's his awareness telling him to throw it away instead of taking the sack.
My brudda from annudda mudda:

Hit the nail on the head AGAIN!!! QB AWR does affect what the QB does WHEN feeling the pass rush heat, singe his jock... Now mind you, because I set the PCI/RTK sliders so low, sometimes the QB will throw the ball away, even if the heat is not necessarily cooking his 'nads (ie. a d-lineman bull rushes, and is getting his way, the QB with AWR "sense" this early due to the PCI/RTK sliders being low, and will chuck the rock to the hottie sitting in the second row)... Just a necessary evil that I decided we can live with..

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1170
Pro

OVR: 5

RE-POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making it “RAIN”…. SLIDER WIZ STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Wiz’s XMAS SLIDERS

Here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Since I have dropped several beta sets thus far, this set will be coined the “Xmas Sliders”. Please be advised that these sliders are beta sliders.

A TON of HOURS have been put into these sliders, so if you plan on using them, USE THEM AS IS, DO NOT MODIFY THEM… All aspects of true sim football work with these sliders. The CPU run game will work. The CPU pass game will work. The HUM run game works. The HUM pass game works. The CPU run defense works. The CPU pass defense works. The HUM run defense works. The Hum pass defense works.

“Works” means that with PROPER strategy, you CAN STOP the CPU and the CPU can stop the HUM…. I have played these sliders AS EVERY TEAM. Meaning I have been the QB, the RB, the WR, the DEF, the special teams for every team… I have played as every team, at least six games… Trust me, the sliders work… In my lab I have seen all types of games…. Blowouts, nail biters, come-from-behinds to win, come-from-ahead to lose, boring games, edge of my seat games, CPU run game dominant games, HUM passing sucky games, etc…. Through it all, I stayed the course…. I did not quit out, and tweak sliders and then reboot….

Just because you get blown out by the CPU, or vice versa, you blow out the CPU, does not mean that you need to tweak or find new sliders. STICK with them…. You will get better, smarter, and soon will be having the absolute most enjoyable Madden experience in the history of all Madden video game titles…

Are they perfect? No. But that has a lot to do with the god awful A.I. that we are given to work with and where EA Sports puts their priorities…. Recently a guy (AJ Dembroski … http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/12/03...isappointments ) on the Madden Dev Team posted a twitter rant about exactly why Madden never fulfills its potential… You should read it.

So, going forward, I will not respond to any comments related to, or originating from, bad A.I. (ex. Why does the LE sack me so much? Why does the CPU call so many run plays at the most inopportune times? Why does the CPU break so many tackles? Yada, yada, yada)… Zip it, and suck it… I do, and so do thousands of other veteran Maddenites. Learn to live with it and work around it.

To succeed with these sliders you are going to have to know how to play football… Linebackers are not DB’s, so do not expect your linebackers to provide you with good man-to-man coverage, and in a lot of instances, most LB’s provide crappy zone reads. DB’s do not tackle well, so DO NOT expect your DB to tackle Arian Foster, that rarely happens on Sundays. In other words, UNDERSTAND what a run defense is, what are its strengths and weaknesses. Pass defenses do not make good run defenses, so understand their strengths and weaknesses.

Fumbles should happen, as well as drops, penalties and interceptions. Learn to appreciate them, they are what create DRAMA on Sundays.

Capiche?

Good…. Let’s move forward…

Areas IN PARTICULAR that I personally am not satisfied with, YET, are: the turnovers, CPU run game, injuries, sacks, tackles behind the line, dropped passes, AUTO-SUBS, Fatigue setting and injury setting… Please play close attention to these areas as you test these bad boys and provide me feedback on your experiences and suggestions…. I NEED YOUR HELP TO GET THESE ISSUES RIGHT!!!!! THIS IS WHY I AM DROPPING THEM NOW, SO THAT WE CAN PLAY, PLAY, PLAY and YOU PEEPS CAN LET ME KNOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON DEALING WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED ISSUES….

Please note that these sliders are TRUE ALL-MADDEN sliders, not any of that “fake” ALL-MADDEN/CUSTOM slider setting dung that has been stinking up the joint

Requirements for testing

1) A notebook and #2 pencil to jot down notes and "oddities"

2) Play at least 6 games, as is, no tweaks, and track stats accordingly

3) For the 6 games that you play, the only house rules will be: 1) you can switch playbooks to improve CPU playbook prior to starting a game 2) “pinky promise” to yourself, to not abuse the "money plays" that you discover as you play your 6 games 3) GameFlow, for the first two plays, you control third down (if you do not want to GameFlow, then freestyle it, BUT you better honor the “pinky promise”, because I will know based on your final box scores if you did not 4) Last two minutes of each half, FREE PLAY, no GameFlow 5) Use right stick only to kick field goals, except when inside the 10 yard line, at that point you can aim with the left joystick first, before kicking the rock.
Please note that there is NO SHAME in losing with these suckers…. The games are always FAIR, and you will LOSE if you do not understand how to play football properly. It’s not just about chucking it with these bad boys, you need to understand your personnel, you opponents weaknesses & strengths, the art of knowing when to leave the pocket, how to set up your blockers on runs, how to properly use zones and blitzes, field position, pinning your opponent inside his 20 year line, etc…

What we want to track:

1) the individual stats for the QB, RB, WR's

2) the global stats for the Defense (ie total sacks, int.'s, forced fumbles)

3) Track: Fumbles, drops, break tackles (for RB's and WR's/TE's), total # of penalties per team

4) How many punts inside the 20 your punter nailed

5) Total plays

6) This next part is more subjective: Ebb and flow of the game.... Try to answer the following questions:
a) Did the gameplay, "stress" you? Meaning, did you feel that if you lost focus of your defensive or offensive play-calling, or didn't field position properly, it would cost you the game?
b) Did the gameplay reflect the key strengths/weaknesses of the team you faced? Meaning, that stars, should play as such and duds should play as such. Rodgers and Matthews for GB, Gore and 49'ers D for the 49'ers, Forte and Bear's D for da Bears, horrible Run D for the Faiders, horrible pass D for the Titans, etc.. So as an example, if you post up a stats against the Faiders, you better have OUTSTANDING rushing numbers for your RB, and this would constitute the gameplay reflecting the key weakness of playing the Faiders..
c) How was the competitive balance of the game? Meaning did the stars step up and did you have to "game plan" against them to neutralize their impact on your game? We are hoping that we can get the CPU A.I. to challenge us through the studs of the game.... i.e. Big hitters create fumbles, ball hawks intercept poorly thrown balls, elite QB's shred average D's, elite RB's truck average D's, and so on...
d) Did at any point did you feel that it was "impossible/extremely difficult" to game plan against a particular strength or player of your CPU opponent.... And vice versa, did the gameplay seem that you could just have your will with the CPU opponent?
e) How did strategy work in the gameplay?
Meaning, if you bring a blitz on a pass play, more times than not, did it cause a poor decision by the CPU QB or not? Does pressure cause the CPU to commit more unforced errors? And vice versa, if you "sit back" in zones, does an good team pick you apart? Were you forced to use more TE's to protect your QB from the onslaught of pressure from the CPU?
f) Did the pressure and recognition from the CPU feel right? Meaning, are you getting less than 3 seconds in the pocket when the CPU blitzes? Does your pocket break down, forcing you to leave the pocket or throw the ball away? Are you getting stuffed on outside runs more often than not? Are you getting stuffed on inside the tackle runs when you have no lead blocker in front of you, more often than not?
g) Were turnovers forced by playmakers with high POW attributes and/or poor HUM decision making?
h) Were sacks forced by too much time in the pocket, coverage sack, poor blocking scheme (meaning you did not have enough blockers for the situation at hand)? Look here peeps... You have to start learning football.... You cannot think that against aggressive defenses that you will get away with 4, 5 or even 3 WR sets, when the D is bringing 6 or more rushers and avoid a sack or a poor decision... Sacks are legit if you are too dumb to set up proper blocking schemes
i) Were picks legit picks due to poor decision making or a great defensive player making a great play on the ball?
j) Were fumbles legit due to the D getting a hat on the ball and the HUM did not cover up the football?
k) Did either passing or running feel "too easy" for you?
l) Does the CPU scramble appropriately?
m) Do the big hitters, lay the wood on you? Do they cause turnovers or dropped balls?

BETA SLIDERS, POST-PATCH, V.8 (the Xmas Sliders)

Skill Level: ALL-MADDEN

Quarter Length: 15 min

Accelerated Clock: On and min. play clock set at 15

Auto Strafe: OFF (optional, I am now playing M13 with them OFF)
Auto Sprint: OFF (optional, I am now playing M13 with them OFF)

Play Calling: Two options: OPTION 1: Free Style, you call all the plays, but you have to HONOR the “pinky promise”

“Pinky Promise”: Do not abuse money plays, make sure that you MIX IT UP, and have at least 30 different offensive plays and 20 or more different defensive looks 10 run, and 10 pass)

OPTION 2: GameFlow for offense and defensive calls. The rule is to use GameFlow on first and second downs only, THIRD DOWN is all you baby. Last 2 minutes of every half are also FREE-STYLE, it is all you baby….

I prefer OPTION 1 and use OPTION 1…. However, to prepare for OPTION 1, I have my playbook ALL SCRIPTED OUT and organize my playbook based on situation (ex. I have pass plays for 3rd and long, 3rd and medium, and 3rd and Goal)

Option 2 saves you the headache of scripting a playbook ….

Injury: 38 (testing)

Fatigue: 62 (testing)

Speed: SLOW

Threshold: 75 (yesss, SEVENTY FIVE… I have thoroughly tested “0”, “25”, “50”, “65”, “75 and “100” … By far, 75 provides the best play for to many reasons that I don’t have the time to list here)

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
(Check them several times to make sure you have them properly dialed in)

QB Accuracy 12 / 7
Pass Block 10 / 0
WR Catch 48 / 48
(open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Broken Tackles 10 / 0
Run Block 15 / 50
Fumble 50 / 45
(open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Pass reaction 30 / 30
Int 23 / 23
Pass Rush 22 / 0

Rush reaction 0 / 15
Block Shedding 0 / 5
Tackle 55/ 55

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Accuracy 44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick, except when on, or, inside the 10 yard line)
Punt Power 54
Punt Acc 73
Kickoff Power 46

Penalties
OFFSIDES 50
FALSE START 75
HOLDING 53
FACEMASK 53
DEF PASS INT 25
OFF PASS INT 38
PUNT CATCH INTER 24
CLIPPING 50
INTENT GROUNDING 50
ROUGHING PASSER 53 (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
ROUGING KICKER 24

Auto Subs (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
IN/OUT IN/OUT
QB 1 / 0 DT 86 / 85
RB 92 / 91 DE 90 / 89
WR 66 / 65 LB 50 / 49
FB 50 / 47 CB 5 / 4
OL 50 / 47 SAF 5 / 4

OPTION 2: You can also, on your first offensive play, call time-out, and sub in your BRUISER BACK into your short yardage run formations, and/or, sub in your change of pace back into a couple of your toss/sweep/draw/pitch play formations ....

Enjoy ladies!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #1171
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Just wanted to drop in and give props for these sliders! I'm having a blast with these!! I've gone 2-3 so far and seen all kinda games!

The only thing I'm considering is raising holding (to 54) and face mask (to 55) to get a few more penalties. Also I think the injury slider could go a little higher - I've not have any players miss any games so far!!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #1172
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Sturz: I will share with you what my lab data supports.... Interpret it as you see fit....

PASS REAC SLIDER: It impacts the defender in pass coverage... The farther you go away from the slider setting of "25" (I call this the neutral "factory" setting in All-Madden), the more pronounced the defender in pass coverage, ATTRIBUTE WEAKNESSES', become.... So let's say that the attributes for your defender are LOW AWR/PRC, AGI & ACC (the "holy trinity of suck", aka the definition of a crap defender, typically will play for the Faiders), by beginning to raise your PASS REAC higher, after a few clicks, you will begin to see weaker defenders show their "true colors" as they will not be able to "mirror" or match the agility, acceleration of the receiver... I distinctly remember one game where I played as the Faiders v. Chargers.... Gates BLEW up.... My LB's got CHEWED UP trying to cover Gates, he stomped the Faiders for 11 receptions and 150+ yards and 4 TD's... Ouch.

Now, after a certain point of raising the PASS REAC, I believe it to be "40"+, you have now modified the A.I., regardless of the defenders player attributes.... You can see this by setting your PASS REAC to say "45" .... Now, call any pass play where there will be a sudden change of vector by the wide receiver... You will notice in INSTANT REPLAY-SLO MO cam, that at some point in the receivers route, the pass defender covering, will seem to stall/skate in place, for an ever so slight moment, allowing the potential receiver to gain a marked advantage over the defender, and the defender never quite recovers, creating a large "window" for the QB to fit the ball in.... This stall/ice skate animation by the pass defender was MORE pronounced the higher I set the SPEED THRESH slider (this may be why Jarrod21 can get away setting with setting his PASS REAC setting so high, since his SPEED THRESH is so low).... ALSO, don't quote me on the precise PASS REAC slider setting that screws things up, it could be lower or higher... This is because I did not isolate this slider when seeing/experiencing this phenomena, because my OPI/DPI ratios were already tweaked as well, but I would bet that setting the OPI/DPI sliders at factory setting "50", and futzing with the PASS REAC slider should reproduce the same effect, just maybe not as pronounced...

INT SLIDER: My data supports that the INT slider impacts the ability of the pass defender to "step/jump in front of the receiver" to go for a pick, AND, the ability of all pass defenders to catch the damn rock... So for example, when I set the INT to 25, quite often I would see average LB's being VERY HAWKISH (ie jumping approaching passes) which is not realistic... The LB's defensive strength and reason he is on the field in the first place, IS NOT TO pic the damn rock, but rather to make a sure tackle or cause a fumble or cause the receiver to develop a sudden case of "alligator arms" and drop the pass in traffic... Yet at 25 and higher (on high SPEED THRESH), average LB's turn into Revis... Not my cup o' tea....

My data suggests that INT triggers "hawkish" animations and boosts the catching success of a pic by a pass defender... All things being equal and balanced (meaning all sliders at default settings and INT jacked up), IT IS MY THEORY that INT can impact defensive coverage, from the stand point of the defender having to be/stay relatively close for the "hawkish" animation to be triggered... Thus the pass defender will "read" the play better at a higher INT setting, so that he can properly time his "hawkish" move, but if the INT setting is set too high, then ALL pass defenders become Revis....

In the end, as with all things M13, it's about picking your poison and making sacrifices.. We all know the A.I. is seriously flawed, but with intelligent tuning, YOU CAN make the game more interesting....

That is why Maddenites that are looking to pick the "best" slider set is a naive and silly approach.... What somebody picking a slider set must realize is that you first HAVE TO buy INTO the slider developers decisions and how those decisions impact the nuances of the game...

Mixing and matching slider sets WILL NEVER work to create a good set for yourself, because many of the sliders are inter-linked, so you must pick a set, buy into the slider developers decisions and the consequences they create, and then, from THAT BASE, tweak to fit your tastes.... But before I would start tweaking, I would ask the slider developer what affects what....For example in my current Beta set, I would not touch SPEED THRESH at all and I would not mess with PCI/RTK/PCI/DPI, if you do not know why they benefit the game and what their impact is to the game in the ratios they have been dialed in at...

Hint to all slider "shoppers".... SPEED THRESH and the "under 75 True Madden Sliders rule" are the most important decisions you need to make, PRIOR to picking a slider set to try... These two factors INFLUENCE the game MORE THAN ANY other decision a slider developer takes....

Just my .03 ....

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Mucho thanks for the insights Whiz. I always appreciate the glimpses into the depth of your testing protocol. Helps with my slider "edumacation".

To those folks complaining about the "throwing out of bounds", I wanted to add that this perception is reinforced by the fact that the commentary chimes in with "he misfires" or "he's inaccurate with that one", or some such similar non-sense. They should be saying "he throws it away".

This bothered me for a while as well, until I realized it was the throw away animation with improper coding for the commentating on the play.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #1173
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Statistically, 55 is just about right for true tackling percentages from your stud LB's, BUT, it also tames, trucking (falling forward after a tackle), broken tackles by inferior tacklers, big CPU/HUM runs up the gut or off tackle due to bad angles by the defenders, too name just a few things...
This is exactly why I refuse to go lower than 55 on tackling.

And it doesn't stop breaking tackles or falling forward. My power back makes his yards 4-5 at a time typically, with 2-3 of those stumbling/pushing/falling forward.

Iffy tacklers miss there's, McClain makes his, everyone else is a toss up and hope there's help nearby.

About INTs - I don't see that so much with the LBs. McClain does a lot of things, picking off passes isn't one of them (he as 2). My LOLB has 2 I think.

15 to 30, I don't see much impact on the LBs on INTs.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #1174
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Wiz I've played a handful of games with the most recent updates. Don't have any specific stats but I played a few with the 49ers and every single game so far the CPU has gotten 130+ rush yards and 6+ ypc. Any suggestions on how to tone down the CPU run game?

Last edited by tc020791; 12-18-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #1175
Rookie

iitzant15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Wiz I've played a handful of games with the most recent updates. Don't have any specific stats but I played a few with the 49ers and every single game so far the CPU has gotten 130+ rush yards and 6+ ypc. Any suggestions on how to tone down the CPU run game?
you have to gameplan better on defense..dont think just because you have the Niners that your defense is gonna be A1. A team can have all the talent in the world but without a good gameplan on how you want to attack a certain team, your defense might as well be just as good as the next guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #1176
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Trust me I've played with multiple teams and multiple schemes and continue to get the same results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »