Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #1185
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Yo MarketingWiz, when you play against the CPU do you assign them different playbooks or just let them play with the default ones and deal with the heavy run to pass ratios?

Wanna know your thoughts on this. And the Sliders are SICK!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #1186
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I just plugged these sliders into my 'Skins franchise, and my first game was hella good. Final score was 27-26 to the Bears, but that was bs because they got an 84 yard touchdown on a short pass and long run - except the guy's foot was out of bounds. I checked the instant replay. Turns out the refs suck whether they are real or virtual. Anyway, apart from that, everything was great. Running was tough for both sides, though I did get two rushing TDs on short runs. Animations looked fantastic, especially on passes and tackling. I was finally able to complete a short lob over the defenders head without him magically jumping 10 feet to swat or intercept it. My only thing was that their were four fumbles, two on each side. Mine were from a sack strip of RGIII and Pierre Garçon getting hit immediately after making the catch, while the Matt Forte of the Bears lost two in traffic up the middle. I definitely don't have a problem with the fumbles, and they looked at felt real in the game, it just seemed like 4 was a little high for the very first game. Dunno if it will be an issue going forward, but I'll keep an eye on that.
Also, I've been playing with Ask Madden on defense and calling my own offense. I try to avoid the cheese plays, but I can't stand letting the game choose my offensive plays - it usually hurts my game plan. Anyway, as long as i avoid the cheese plays, the game is still tough and enjoyable. Just my two cents.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #1187
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
So I just plugged these sliders into my 'Skins franchise, and my first game was hella good. Final score was 27-26 to the Bears, but that was bs because they got an 84 yard touchdown on a short pass and long run - except the guy's foot was out of bounds. I checked the instant replay. Turns out the refs suck whether they are real or virtual.
Tell me about it. I see that stuff. I'm like his FIRST foot is out of bounds. Nope, good catch.

I swear this game programmed in the replacement refs. I had a near simultaneous possession situation - and would have fallen out laughing if they had given the pick to the CPU instead of the TD to me.

I don't even bother challenging any more, unless it's the spot of the ball, and it's crucial. Otherwise, I figure I'm going to lose anyway...

Have NEVER understood how this game judges challenges or when the booth challenges.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #1188
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, just saying, if you ever get a chance to draft the TE Marcos Johnson, I definitely recommend it. He doesn't have superstar development or anything, an his awareness and injury ratings are a little low, but the guy is huge, fast and has good hands. He's been a monster for me so far with almost 400 yards and 4 TDs through 5 games. He's a steal of a late round draft pick.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #1189
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Wiz I've played a handful of games with the most recent updates. Don't have any specific stats but I played a few with the 49ers and every single game so far the CPU has gotten 130+ rush yards and 6+ ypc. Any suggestions on how to tone down the CPU run game?
The first game I played with these sliders I got hammered on the ground - I think it was against the Eagles. Since that game I've started to motion my D-line and LBs pre-snap to match up better.

So if the offense line up with 2 TEs on the strong side you better motion your D-line to avoid the blockers to get to the second level. If one of those big guys reaches your 2nd or even 3rd level it's over!!

Also, lets say you have a cover 2 play called. Pre-snap you think it's going to be a run you can also "show blitz". What this does is move one safety into the box to crowd the LOS.

Beware though!! I just had a game against the Ravens. Coming into the game I thought that if I was going to win I needed to keep Ray Rice in check, so that was my first priority!! It was like the CPU knew... First play of the game they line up in the strong I, go play-action and Flacco hits Torrey Smith for a 75 yard TD. Oh well, they are not going to do that again, right? Well, when it was all said and done Flacco had thrown for 6 TDs and I lost 52-20 BUT I kept Ray Rice to 50 yards on 22 carries.

My point being these sliders, just like Wiz said, forces you to choose. What will your focus be on defense!? You can't shut everything down all game. It's a chess match - just like what you see on sundays!!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #1190
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
Yo MarketingWiz, when you play against the CPU do you assign them different playbooks or just let them play with the default ones and deal with the heavy run to pass ratios?

Wanna know your thoughts on this. And the Sliders are SICK!!!

My brudda from annudda mudda:

Typically mix and match...For example, when I play the 'Skins, I actually DIAL UP, the CAROLINA playbook because it has the Pistol formation... If it is a ground and pound team, I will typically NOT futz with the playbook.... If it's an elite passing team, I will usually pick "PASS BALANCED" or "SAINTS OFFENSE" ....

Hope this helps... Lates.

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #1191
Pro

Quote:
Also, just saying, if you ever get a chance to draft the TE Marcos Johnson, I definitely recommend it. He doesn't have superstar development or anything, an his awareness and injury ratings are a little low, but the guy is huge, fast and has good hands. He's been a monster for me so far with almost 400 yards and 4 TDs through 5 games. He's a steal of a late round draft pick.
Cool, I will make a note of it.... Lates

Slider Wiz out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #1192
Pro

Quote:
So I just plugged these sliders into my 'Skins franchise, and my first game was hella good. Final score was 27-26 to the Bears, but that was bs because they got an 84 yard touchdown on a short pass and long run - except the guy's foot was out of bounds. I checked the instant replay. Turns out the refs suck whether they are real or virtual. Anyway, apart from that, everything was great. Running was tough for both sides, though I did get two rushing TDs on short runs. Animations looked fantastic, especially on passes and tackling. I was finally able to complete a short lob over the defenders head without him magically jumping 10 feet to swat or intercept it. My only thing was that their were four fumbles, two on each side. Mine were from a sack strip of RGIII and Pierre Garçon getting hit immediately after making the catch, while the Matt Forte of the Bears lost two in traffic up the middle. I definitely don't have a problem with the fumbles, and they looked at felt real in the game, it just seemed like 4 was a little high for the very first game. Dunno if it will be an issue going forward, but I'll keep an eye on that.
Also, I've been playing with Ask Madden on defense and calling my own offense. I try to avoid the cheese plays, but I can't stand letting the game choose my offensive plays - it usually hurts my game plan. Anyway, as long as i avoid the cheese plays, the game is still tough and enjoyable. Just my two cents.

Shaaaazzzzaaam!!!

Thanks for the feedback .... Really appreciate it...

Just wonderin' how the passing game was for both sides? I am a little concerned that the pass game may be too "loose", meaning too easy to get completions and not enough competitiveness from the pass defense.... Please advise when you get the chance.... Lates.

Slider Wiz out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »