Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #113
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

bukktown: Glad to see that you have found a slider mix to suit your style of play however I am not surprised that your final set are eerily similar to the base set of this thread. Keep enjoying M13.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #114
Pro

heelphreak: Keep plugging away kid. Thank you for the updates regarding your experimentation with the base sliders. Like I have said before, it is possible that BRKTACKLE for the CPU may be a tad high, but it is a lot easier to dial in the optimum slot when you are at the extreme and have to dial it backwards. Please continue to keep us up to speed on your progress and results. I am curious to know if by futzing with the CPU BRKTKL, if the CPU runs the ball less? Give us a shout out when you get the chance.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #115
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

will do. thus far i haven't changed cpu break tackle. i've changed cpu run block only and human tackle and shed block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #116
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

and i appreciate the "kid" comment.

just last weekend at a concert i had three women call me sir. i'm 38. i was devastated.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #117
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
i *think* the inflated rushing attempts is due to the relative ease with which the cpu runs the ball. with the original settings i was having to go to 5 man fronts, run commit, run blitz, everything i could possibly throw at them yet they were still grinding and bouncing their way to 6+ypc depending on opponent.

i'm all for, in fact i demand a healthy cpu run game but when i throw eight or 9 in the box and blitz every gap and they still gain yards in chunks why would they stop handing it off?

all that being said i know absolutely nothing about the play calling logic in the game code.
Heres a post from my sliders thread I made earlier that relates to this:

"I am experimenting still with the CPU Run/Pass ratios. I did a test to see if maybe the CPU changes their playcalling based on what is working for them or not.

I started a Jets vs Bills (CPU) game and just called a 3-4 run blitz every play. I thought maybe if I shut their run down every time they tried to run it that would cause them to pass more.

My results were that they ran the ball 13 times and passed it 8 times. Fitzgerald completed 85% of his passes.

I then started the game again and just called a Quarters man defense every play. My results for that were they ran the ball 13 times and passed it 8 times. Fitzgerald completed 37% of his passes.

This test isn't perfect but apparently even if the CPU offense is struggling to pass the ball or run the ball they will still call the same ratio of plays from what I can tell. What matters more of course is the down and distance which they pick their set of plays from.

I still believe you can modify their run/pass ratio with sliders and my next test will examine the effect of USER Pass Defense Reaction slider."

I don't believe just because the CPU team is succeding or failing at gaining rushing yards/passing yards that will influence the amount of plays they call. As I stated I think the biggest influence is what down it is and how many yards they have to go. But I also feel the USER Pass Defense Reaction slider changes their willingness to run or pass in more situations and opens the playbook up. I am having the most success with USER Pass Defense Reaction 50 on All-Pro but I am going to test it shortly to see how it changes things.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #118
Pro

BrianU: Right on. This makes sense. In the NFL, the OC and Head Coach typically script the early part of the game. After that, adjustments are made based on what the Defense is giving and what is in the playbook for a particular yardage & down situation. I too have also seen that the CPU does not react to the Defense you throw up, but rather to the amount of yardage the CPU needs for a first down. I do not know if it just me getting wiser (ie older, he, he), but I am seeing a lot more sideline work in the passing game in M13. Often, the CPU will go to a mid range/short, down and out, for the first down when the CPU needs a healthy chunk of yards for the first down. Keep us posted Mr B.U. on your findings. Play on!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #119
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

It would be amazing if we had CCM with Play Now gameplay and the ability to edit and assign custom gameplans to every CPU team. That would be football gaming heaven and it honestly doesn't seem like such a difficult thing to do compared to what they have accomplished with the infinity engine and combining CCM offline/online... *falls back asleep
Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #120
Pro

UPDATE 9/5/2012: In a post made today in SECELit3's thread, it seems that BlueNinja and SECLite are realizing and appreciating the impact of SPEEDTHRESH on M13.

Hallelujah, the Gospel of Madden is alive and gaining momentum. This is fantastic since it will ONLY IMPROVE the gaming experience for all of us now that some of the Slider Gods will be futzing with mixing in SPEEDTHRESH tuning to their slider experiments.

Hopefully the "can do" attitude of this humble thread influenced the Slider Gurus to take a serious look at MY HOLY GRAIL or as I have coined it, "the Gospel of Madden": 1) Identifying the proper SPEEDTHRESH for REALISTIC football interactions and play between the HUM and CPU in all modes 2) Dialing in the GAMESPEED to achieve the most realistic timing so that HUM player can identify running lanes as they are being formed and hit them in perfect timing and hitting the optimum window of opportunity on a pass to a WR as the WR takes his route and makes their cuts 3) Edit the rosters to reflect accurate attributes for all players, and do away with unrealistic SPD, ACC, AGI, etc attributes for sub-par, average, and above average players. Man, M13 has me hooked and the efforts of the OS community are really pumping me up.

Play on!

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-05-2012 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »