Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #1193
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
The first game I played with these sliders I got hammered on the ground - I think it was against the Eagles. Since that game I've started to motion my D-line and LBs pre-snap to match up better.

So if the offense line up with 2 TEs on the strong side you better motion your D-line to avoid the blockers to get to the second level. If one of those big guys reaches your 2nd or even 3rd level it's over!!

Also, lets say you have a cover 2 play called. Pre-snap you think it's going to be a run you can also "show blitz". What this does is move one safety into the box to crowd the LOS.

Beware though!! I just had a game against the Ravens. Coming into the game I thought that if I was going to win I needed to keep Ray Rice in check, so that was my first priority!! It was like the CPU knew... First play of the game they line up in the strong I, go play-action and Flacco hits Torrey Smith for a 75 yard TD. Oh well, they are not going to do that again, right? Well, when it was all said and done Flacco had thrown for 6 TDs and I lost 52-20 BUT I kept Ray Rice to 50 yards on 22 carries.

My point being these sliders, just like Wiz said, forces you to choose. What will your focus be on defense!? You can't shut everything down all game. It's a chess match - just like what you see on sundays!!

KingKONG: Appreciate the feedback....You hit the nail on the head with regards to how to "slow" down the running game... YOU HAVE TO COMMIT to stopping it, meaning the Safeties HAVE TO BE AN OPTION to come up in the box to SCREW UP the blocking schemes for the secondary blockers (WR, FB's, Pulling Guards, etc)... By moving your Safety into the box, you create a dilemma for the CPU, WHO DO I BLOCK? The LB? The Safety? As you so eloquently stated, doing it out of a cover 2 is puuuuuure GEEEEEEEEEEEENIUS...

Just wonderin' how the passing game was for both sides? I am a little concerned that the pass game may be too "loose", meaning too easy to get completions and not enough competitiveness from the pass defense.... Please advise when you get the chance.... Lates.

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #1194
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
KingKONG: Appreciate the feedback....You hit the nail on the head with regards to how to "slow" down the running game... YOU HAVE TO COMMIT to stopping it, meaning the Safeties HAVE TO BE AN OPTION to come up in the box to SCREW UP the blocking schemes for the secondary blockers (WR, FB's, Pulling Guards, etc)... By moving your Safety into the box, you create a dilemma for the CPU, WHO DO I BLOCK? The LB? The Safety? As you so eloquently stated, doing it out of a cover 2 is puuuuuure GEEEEEEEEEEEENIUS...

Just wonderin' how the passing game was for both sides? I am a little concerned that the pass game may be too "loose", meaning too easy to get completions and not enough competitiveness from the pass defense.... Please advise when you get the chance.... Lates.

Slider Wiz out.

@Wiz,

I've mostly been goofin' around since you released your sliders! What I like to do is start a CCM as some 3rd string QB and sim the first season. Then I see which teams fire their head coach and select which team I want to coach.

I've mostly been playing around with the Bengals. I'm using the original Bengal playbooks in this one. On offense I try to set up the deep pass by running between the tackles early - but I'm actually struggling BIG time and is dead last in the league after 6 games (3-3) in passing yards My defense is doing alright though sitting in the middle of the pack in passing yards allowed... and lead the league in sacks!

Just for the fun of it I wanted to get another sandbox CCM going using the same concept! This time I ended up with the Jets. I'm trying to install the Panthers offense (with Tebow as a poor man's Cam) combined with the Ravens multiple defense. I've only played one game so far but won it 27-13 in Miami. I had close to 400 offensive yards (200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing). Tebow played great hitting on 16/22 for 3 TDs and no ints. Tannehill was struggling for the Phins only hitting on 54% of his passes and 1 TD with 0 ints for 150 yards. Another thing I will mention is that I had the 1st pick in the draft and went with a heisman HB. DUDE IS A FREAK!!! I won't post his name though! No spoilers here...

So far I don't see a need to change the passing game too much. I had a great game with Tebow but is struggling with Dalton. Go figure... Only changes I made is move injuries to 42. I also have holding at 54, facemask at 55 and roughing the passer at 54. Just to get penalties to be more of a factor!

Another thing I'll mention is that CPU is calling great games on me!! I've yet to see any CPU HB get above 24 carries... and I'm NOT changing playbooks! I don't know if it matters but I play my CCMs online to avoid the salery cap glitch and I'm sure they are still applying hot fixes. All in all I'm having a blast with these! Amazing job, Wiz!!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #1195
Pro

OVR: 5
Icon10 Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
@Wiz,

I've mostly been goofin' around since you released your sliders! What I like to do is start a CCM as some 3rd string QB and sim the first season. Then I see which teams fire their head coach and select which team I want to coach.

I've mostly been playing around with the Bengals. I'm using the original Bengal playbooks in this one. On offense I try to set up the deep pass by running between the tackles early - but I'm actually struggling BIG time and is dead last in the league after 6 games (3-3) in passing yards My defense is doing alright though sitting in the middle of the pack in passing yards allowed... and lead the league in sacks!

Just for the fun of it I wanted to get another sandbox CCM going using the same concept! This time I ended up with the Jets. I'm trying to install the Panthers offense (with Tebow as a poor man's Cam) combined with the Ravens multiple defense. I've only played one game so far but won it 27-13 in Miami. I had close to 400 offensive yards (200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing). Tebow played great hitting on 16/22 for 3 TDs and no ints. Tannehill was struggling for the Phins only hitting on 54% of his passes and 1 TD with 0 ints for 150 yards. Another thing I will mention is that I had the 1st pick in the draft and went with a heisman HB. DUDE IS A FREAK!!! I won't post his name though! No spoilers here...

So far I don't see a need to change the passing game too much. I had a great game with Tebow but is struggling with Dalton. Go figure... Only changes I made is move injuries to 42. I also have holding at 54, facemask at 55 and roughing the passer at 54. Just to get penalties to be more of a factor!

Another thing I'll mention is that CPU is calling great games on me!! I've yet to see any CPU HB get above 24 carries... and I'm NOT changing playbooks! I don't know if it matters but I play my CCMs online to avoid the salery cap glitch and I'm sure they are still applying hot fixes. All in all I'm having a blast with these! Amazing job, Wiz!!

KingKONG:

Funny you mention that... On my ONLINE CCM, I too am seeing better run / pass ratios from the CPU .... Dunno, maybe a hot fix like you said for online CCM's....

Thank you for the props.... I struggled for a bit on whether the penalties should be at your settings or the one's that I decided upon... Ultimately, I decided to go MORE CONSERVATIVE, and play out a whole season with the bad boys and then see how realistic the penalty stats turned out to be for my CCM before futzing with them ....

I am SOOOOOOO relieved that this set is AGREEABLE with you.... For a moment there, I thought I had lost my touch, but thanks to your patience and ALL the patience of the faithful peeps that have followed this thread for close to 4 months now, you guys helped get through some "dark days" in the lab, and it looks that all of our collective work is paying off in SPADES with the XMAS slider V.8 beta set....

Once again, thanks for the feedback .... Really appreciate it...

Slider Wiz out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #1196
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
So I just plugged these sliders into my 'Skins franchise, and my first game was hella good. Final score was 27-26 to the Bears, but that was bs because they got an 84 yard touchdown on a short pass and long run - except the guy's foot was out of bounds. I checked the instant replay. Turns out the refs suck whether they are real or virtual. Anyway, apart from that, everything was great. Running was tough for both sides, though I did get two rushing TDs on short runs. Animations looked fantastic, especially on passes and tackling. I was finally able to complete a short lob over the defenders head without him magically jumping 10 feet to swat or intercept it. My only thing was that their were four fumbles, two on each side. Mine were from a sack strip of RGIII and Pierre Garçon getting hit immediately after making the catch, while the Matt Forte of the Bears lost two in traffic up the middle. I definitely don't have a problem with the fumbles, and they looked at felt real in the game, it just seemed like 4 was a little high for the very first game. Dunno if it will be an issue going forward, but I'll keep an eye on that.
Also, I've been playing with Ask Madden on defense and calling my own offense. I try to avoid the cheese plays, but I can't stand letting the game choose my offensive plays - it usually hurts my game plan. Anyway, as long as i avoid the cheese plays, the game is still tough and enjoyable. Just my two cents.
What playbook are you using with the Skins?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #1197
Rookie

OVR: 1

These are great.. Just wanna say thanks to all of the people that put in hard work to make these sliders!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #1198
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Man, I can't buy a win with my Bengals

After starting 3-1 I've now dropped 3 straight. Last one to the Browns and their spread scheme. 33-27 in OT after coming back from a 20-3 deficit.

Next game is against the Marvin Lewis led Patriots...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #1199
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
What playbook are you using with the Skins?
I used the Washington Shanahan playbook for two seasons and it worked pretty good. No pistol formation, but I used the option and the stretch run Helu and a speed back I drafted while pounding up the middle with Morris. All in all, with RGIII, it was like a four headed monster that would put me over 2400 yards rushing for the season, and usually 3rd or ranked in rushing. In my third seaaon though, I switched to a balanced playbook for two reasons. One, it seems like EVERY defense is keyed in on my option plays every single time, so it doesn't work anymore. And two, RGIII is like a glass cannon when he scrambles on a broken play. He'll save the play, run for ten yards and a first, but if I don't slide, then he will invariably fumble on the hit. I got tired of those turnovers, so with the balanced playbook, I keep him in the pocket to pass. His only issue is with accuracy, hitting between 55-63%. Would like to see more consistlwncy.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #1200
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Shaaaazzzzaaam!!!

Thanks for the feedback .... Really appreciate it...

Slider Wiz out.

I don't have the actual stats from the two games I played in front of me, so this is based on the impressions and feelings I remember from the game. Before these sliders, I was playing on HUM QB at 7, and RGIII was being inconsistent with his accuracy, generally throwing around 55-63%. This was kind of frustrating because there were some easy throws he should have made, but it did keep his yardage down to a realistic high 100's low 200's. my last couple if games, I think he was over 300 for both, which isn't necessarily unrealistic, but it did feel much easier to complete passes. I remember at one point he hit 13 in a row and felt unstoppable. His td to pick ratio in those two games is something like 5-1. This could just be a reflection of an offensive scheme change from Shanahan's playbook to the balanced playbook, I don't know.

For the CPU, they were generally inconsistent, yet made plays. I faced Aaron Rodgers and Andy Dalton, I think. Both struggled in accuracy, which was eh because I've really only got one good corner in Josh Wilson. However, both of them made a couple of deep throws over my weaker corners and picked up huge yards, so they both ended up with relatively low completions, but 300+ yards. Td to pick ratio for them was something like 4 or 5 to 2.

I'll post my stats from my next game for better feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »